Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Egyptian Cruise Catering Event

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitelove19 View Post
    Just to update y'all on my "no refreshing" journey. I made it to the end of day eight, but on day 9 when Ratatouille popped up, and would have taken me 6 hours to make two batches, I decided it wasn't worth it and refreshed it. Also refreshed onion soup. Might try "no refreshes" for day 10... at least there is the advantage that even if two slots give me somethng I can make quickly, I can just ignore the third item and it'll disappear when the event is done. A little tempted to start day 10 early.... Hope you are all doing well. :-)
    You have a ton of patience. Im the queen of refresh those 1 and 2 coin dishes that I dont have made. Yogurt thats all of a few minutes but I refuse to bother with it, cheesecake, etc. Especially since my counters are filled with 3 and 4 coin items, minus one counter for those frequently appearing items. Refreshing got me through things quickly. I also would speed up at least one day during the other events. Im on a no gem buying diet and have waited for the new day to start. Now during this time I would make whichever item popped up, to get ahead of the day.

Right now I have a spaghetti and meatballs. Easy enough to make but I just cant be bothered! I know...super lazy. Good luck everyone!

Oh and whats the point of the new recipes if theyre only there until this is over? We need new stuff anyways.

Oh and part 2...give us the ability to buy more stoves with coins. One chateau stove for coins and the rest for gems is a bit much.

Rhino Keeper
    I don't want to get through the day as fast! :P On the 2nd day I finished in 15 mins and that was so boring for the rest of the day. I purposely don't refresh (most of it) so that I can have more fun for longer.

Having higher level stores does help. All my stores are now at least 5, general store is 6 and I've also just upgraded veggie to 6. So whatever they ask 10 of, I only have to collect a max of 2 times and I'm done. I think I haven't done much cooking, actually, most of the stuff on this cruise for me has been collection and not cooking.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by orleansparish View Post
    You have a ton of patience. Im the queen of refresh those 1 and 2 coin dishes that I dont have made. Yogurt thats all of a few minutes but I refuse to bother with it, cheesecake, etc. Especially since my counters are filled with 3 and 4 coin items, minus one counter for those frequently appearing items. Refreshing got me through things quickly.
    Actually, with most one-coin dishes it is faster to cook it, than to refresh it. 5 minutes cook time vs. 30 minutes to refresh. ;-)

Only some of the items required any real patience, but at the same time, I like it to last a bit longer and to enjoy the variety of the event, like ellyse99 pointed out. The ratatouille got me though, because it would've used all my peppers AND it would have tied up that appliance for 6 hours, and for me, that just wasn't going to work! It's all good, so long as we enjoy the game! I hope everyone is prepared for and successful with tomorrow (Day 10) Whoo-hoo!! Home stretch. :-)

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by ellyse99 View Post
    Meh well look at it this way, at least you'll be ready for the next cruise!
    I learnt Coq Au Vin long ago, but I still refresh that, Lobster Bisque and Tuna Casserole. I have thousands of each on my counters, but I always put the 3-hour spice on them, so it's not worth it to give them to the cruise.
    Do you usually open the restaurant for business's?
    I always cook the difficult dish but it always get clear by my customer n when the cruise ask for it
    I do not have enough n need to cook for two times again in order to deliver
    Pls advise

I'm not seeing anyone I visit with swag from the cruise event. Starting to feel like a test subject 😱

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by pythan View Post
    Do you usually open the restaurant for business's?
    I always cook the difficult dish but it always get clear by my customer n when the cruise ask for it
    I do not have enough n need to cook for two times again in order to deliver
    Pls advise
    Yes, always open. I have thousands of servings out on the counters so it hardly matters. Eg my most plentiful dish, ginger tea, I have more than 80k of it.
    P.S. Just had a look at yours. Well if you don't keep your appliances cooking then you won't ever stockpile enough food to feed your customers! Yes I'm much higher level true but even before this I always keep all appliances running.
    Last edited by ellyse99; 06-13-15 at 08:21 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    I have not had the chance to finish any of the challenges to date. I get frequent migraines and have a special needs child so I cannot always tend my restaurant. We usually spend more time on FFS and DS since my daughter loves those creatures and we started a DS island of her own on one of my old Kindles. Since there is a tourney on FFS right now that game has our focus. I have been sneaking into my restaurant as I can whilst my daughter is on my hubby's iPad and am now at my second to last challenge (the black cat on the cushion) and I do not believe I will finish. Yes, there are still 26 hours, but my requirements are for very long term items like potatoes and rice. The third item I got after refreshing bell peppers was for surf and turf. I just levelled up and do not have the money to unlock lobster just yet, therefore cannot afford to unlock surf and turf either. I refreshed again, but now see that the game will probably just keep giving me unattainable goals. I am sorely disappointed since this goal is very dear to me. Like many Brits I find myself fascinated by Egypt and my Gran was actually born in Giza. I have been hoarding gems so I may have to be content with the decor I can afford in the store. If I can get the cat I will be content. One of these days I AM going to finish one of these challenges! Good luck to those in the challenge!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry9877 View Post
    I have not had the chance to finish any of the challenges to date. I get frequent migraines and have a special needs child so I cannot always tend my restaurant. We usually spend more time on FFS and DS since my daughter loves those creatures and we started a DS island of her own on one of my old Kindles. Since there is a tourney on FFS right now that game has our focus. I have been sneaking into my restaurant as I can whilst my daughter is on my hubby's iPad and am now at my second to last challenge (the black cat on the cushion) and I do not believe I will finish. Yes, there are still 26 hours, but my requirements are for very long term items like potatoes and rice. The third item I got after refreshing bell peppers was for surf and turf. I just levelled up and do not have the money to unlock lobster just yet, therefore cannot afford to unlock surf and turf either. I refreshed again, but now see that the game will probably just keep giving me unattainable goals. I am sorely disappointed since this goal is very dear to me. Like many Brits I find myself fascinated by Egypt and my Gran was actually born in Giza. I have been hoarding gems so I may have to be content with the decor I can afford in the store. If I can get the cat I will be content. One of these days I AM going to finish one of these challenges! Good luck to those in the challenge!
    Good luck! When you can, focus on upgrading your pantry, and then upgrading your stores (especially veggie and general store) as far as possible, those will help a lot when you do cruise quests. Set an alarm for when those items refresh so that you can grab them and let them refresh again ASAP. If you just want to get the cat, try to finish as much of day 9 as possible, then see how much it is to finish off with gems to get the cat - it may be cheaper than buying in the store. I don't bother with buying decor with gems, but YMMV.
    I've actually finished every single event so far, but I *****ed slightly on the spring fling dance - I used gems to skip mastering the confetti cupcakes to level 3, since I didn't have enough time left, and that I think was a good investment since I wanted the confetti cake (end goal).

Rhino Keeper
    K
    Quote Originally Posted by ellyse99 View Post
    Good luck! When you can, focus on upgrading your pantry, and then upgrading your stores (especially veggie and general store) as far as possible, those will help a lot when you do cruise quests. Set an alarm for when those items refresh so that you can grab them and let them refresh again ASAP. If you just want to get the cat, try to finish as much of day 9 as possible, then see how much it is to finish off with gems to get the cat - it may be cheaper than buying in the store. I don't bother with buying decor with gems, but YMMV.
    I've actually finished every single event so far, but I *****ed slightly on the spring fling dance - I used gems to skip mastering the confetti cupcakes to level 3, since I didn't have enough time left, and that I think was a good investment since I wanted the confetti cake (end goal).
    I need to be more diligent about checking my Restaurant at least once an hour to catch Cid. I am rarely able to play any of the games for an hour straight unless like tonight I am on my iPad overnight when everyone has finally settled down. I am always short on something and it seems the "Packs" offered are a day late and a dollar short for me. I toss out a few boards then realise I need them to upgrade my restaurant or I need a dozen nails and Cid is leaving me blueprints. RS1 was my first TL/S8 game but Nymmie likes games with babies (that covers all makes of wee beasties real and animated) so I spend more time on FFS than anything else. Time to see what my latest refresh brings. Cheers!

Rhino Keeper
    Whoo Hoo seaweed! Only an hour to get my next lot of 3. Now if I can keep myself awake. . .