Page 1 of 195 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: Lady Pfefferknot's Visit! (EXPIRED EVENT) 6/4/15 - 6/29/15

Rhino Keeper

Castle Story: Lady Pfefferknot's Visit! (EXPIRED EVENT) 6/4/15 - 6/29/15

Whether good or bad, I know she'll always love me. If nothing else, I hope she at least has a good stay. Nothing can go wrong! Everyone's ready for the grand event, right?

[==Update requires Level 15+ to participate, and is live 06/04 @ 12pm - 06/29 @ 11:30pm==]

THE TIME IS INCORRECT FOR THE END OF THE EVENT.... SHOULD BE 11:30AM, NOT 11:30PM (thank you mreames!) SW

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    I've mentioned to the team about grapes still dropping from the various items...

but more importantly.... a big congratulations from me to you on doing such an excellent job with this event! I know we didn't all finish the Estate, but I've enjoyed reading how much effort was put in to trying to get there. I will leave some feedback for the team about random drops in events. I'm sure we can find a happy medium with these long events.

So take a breath, take a couple of days out to find your equilibrium and then buckle on your belts in case we get an update this week (will check on this!).... the in-game pop up mentioned above sounds intriguing!

I've already updated the Building Guide with the Vineyard Estate information. I'll add the new puppy to the Inventory Guide and do of the cross referencing of drops etc when I have a bit of time in the next day or 2.

Well done everyone!
    Last edited by PikaSquirrel; 11-23-15 at 03:39 PM. Reason: updated title

Rhino Keeper
    Prepared by SpiritWind

Timed / Optional Event - Lady Pfefferknot's Visit - Let's go Grape Collecting!

Q: Corks and barrels are no longer dropping - what do I do?
    The Vineyard can now only be upgraded with gems as the event has concluded.

Corks and barrels only dropped for the duration of the event. You can put your unfinished building into storage if you don't want to or can't upgrade it with gems. An unfinished Vineyard will continue to drop coins only.

Click here for Link to Main Goal Guide for Pictures of all Goals

Once the event concludes, you can only upgrade the Vineyard Estae with gems for any missing corks and barrels.

Sources of Grapes: THEY GO TO THE TALLY, NOT TO YOUR INVENTORY!
    Collect from: Farmhouses (1-2), strawberries (random), Hunt roaming bandits adventure (13 no corks/barrels), market place (1), Ivy's Hut (1), Summer Gazebo (1), Harvest Pergola (1), Vineyard Estate!
    Grape Masher: 15 gems - can be cleared in 5 actions (you get 2 in the first prize)
    Grape Press: 50 gems - drops 3 grapes for the duration of the event -1 hour collection (you get one in the first prize) also drops water, purple petals, (more?)
    Daily Trade for Grapes (iOS only)- Posted combinations for 10 grapes:
    Trade 15 white petals, 15 purple petals, 15 piles of seed
    Trade 10 Living Wood, 20 Mushrooms and 10 Sap
    Trade 10 eggs, 10 bacon, 20 strawberries
    Trade 20 Jewels, 15 bones, 15 creep tooth

Vineyard Estate - 3 hour collection time (skip 6 gems)
    Level 1: 1 red dye, 25 wood, 25 stone, 1 simple glue - +50/3 hours
    Level 2: 25 wood, 25 stone, 3 cork, 3 empty oak barrel
    Level 3: 30 iron ore, 40 silver, 3 cork, 3 empty oak barrel
    Level 4: 2 fancy beam, 2 fancy block, 5 cork, 5 empty oak barrel
    Level 5: 3 super glue, 2 red dye, 10 cork, 10 empty oak barrel
    Level 6: 30 hide, 3 royal beam, 10 cork, 10 empty oak barrel
    Level 7: 3 royal block, 20 fur, 15 cork, 15 empty oak barrel
    Level 8: 4 royal beam, 2 builders paste, 15 cork, 15 empty oak barrel
    Level 9: 4 royal block, 5 truffle, 30 cork, 30 empty oak barrel
    Level 10: 3 sugar, 15 prime cuts, 40 cork, 40 empty oak barrel
    Drops from the Vineyard Estate: Cork, empty oak barrel, coins

(Special thanks to Annie and Dabag for helping me to write this up for you all!)

How many grapes drop from each level of the Vineyard Estate?
    Note: you also get a barrel or a cork from each collection as well.
    Level 1: 2g + a cork or a barrel
    Level 2: 4g + a cork or a barrel
    Level 3: 7g + a cork or a barrel
    Level 4: 11g + either 2 corks or 2 barrels or 1 of each. Always 2 drops.
    Level 5: 17g + either 2 corks or 2 barrels or 1 of each. Always 2 drops.
    Level 6: 24g + either 2 corks or 2 barrels or 1 of each. Always 2 drops.
    Level 7: 32g + either 2 corks or 2 barrels or 1 of each. Always 2 drops.
    Level 8: 41g - 3 drops.
    Level 9: 53g - 3 drops.
    Level 10: 68 + 380 - 410 coins, 1-2xp, random drops of 1-3 coal, 1-3 water, 1-2 sugar, 1 -2 purple petal, 1 jewels, 1-2 strawberries. One to several of the different random drops.

** you need about 170 grapes a day to reach the last individual prize.

Prizes!
    1. Individual Prizes
    1st prize at 200 grapes: 'Birthday Box Set': 2 grape mashers, 1 Grape Press (50 gems worth!), 2 Stack of Wine Barrels (deco) and 30 Grape Vine Fences
    2nd prize at 600 grapes: Tasting Barrel (deco)
    3rd prize at 1300 grapes: Pavillion 2x2 (deco)
    4th prize at 2500 grapes: Cat Barrel Bed (deco)
    5th prize at 4000 grapes: Chartreux the kitten - drops milk, coins, rat tail, xx and xp

2. Community Prizes - unlocks at 1000 grapes
    1st prize: Glass bottle palisade
    2nd prize: dog barrel house
    3rd prize:
    Note: When you get your prize, it will go straight into your storage.

Goals

I think we need to remember that all of the mini timed goals are additional steps to get a small reward. Don't put too much pressure on yourselves to do these extra steps. The estate can still be upgraded during the course of the Event and will still drop corks and barrels until you reach Level 10.
    1. Welcome, Lady Pfefferknot!
    Place the Vineyard Estate (500 coins)
    Build the Vineyard Estate
    Rewards 240 coin, 2 xp, 1 Cork

2. Fine Countryside Dining
    Prepare a Hearty Feast (skip 25 gems)
    Upgrade the Vineyard Estate to Level 2 (see above)
    Rewards 240 coin, 2 xp, 1 empty oak barrel

GOALS SPLIT HERE AFTER YOU UPGRADE TO LEVEL 2 - GIVEN IT'S TIMED, BE MINDFUL WHEN YOU UPGRADE:
    My Fair Ivy - 3 day time limit - 1 off goal. You will only miss out on the reward if you do not complete it or choose not to do it. The story continues with step 4.
    Last Minute Shopping - 25 day time limit
    main chain

3. My Fair Ivy
    Study Thomas' Etiquette Scrolls (visit Thomas) - x20
    Rehearse at Ivy's House (visit Ivy) - x5
    Practice on some Farmers (visit farmhouses) - x10
    Rewards 1800 coin, 6 xp, 1 cork

4. Last Minute Shopping
    Visit the Marketplace - x3
    Upgrade Vineyard Estate to level 4 (see above)
    Rewards 1100 coin, 4 xp, 1 cork

Quote Originally Posted by mreames View Post
    Dont level up to 5 until you have enough surplus. The 5 day goal starts immediately after upgrading to 5. The real problem, though, is the 7 day limit goal.... They key there is don't start the dialog on "A Mothers Concern".
    5. The Perfect Gift
    Brainstorm with Ivy and Old Thomas (visit farmhouses) - x30
    Upgrade Vineyard Estate to level 5 (see above)
    Rewards 1100 coin, 4 xp, 1 barrel

GOALS SPLIT HERE AGAIN. Street Smarts is another mini timed goal of 5 days. You will only miss out on the reward if you do not complete it or choose not to do it. The story continues with step 7.
    6. Street Smarts - timed 5 days
    Spread the word to the people - x3 (visit farmhouses or marketplaces)
    Upgrade Vineyard Estate to level 7 (see above)
    Rewards 1800 coin, 6 xp, 1 barrel

7. I got grapes
    Collect 30 grapes
    Harvest 20 strawberries
    Capture Grape-Stealing Bandits (go on an adventure)
    Rewards 240 coin, 2 xp, 1 cork
    Note: it's COLLECTING that will complete this goal, so you can send it out earlier in preparation for it to ready for when you get to this step.

Quote Originally Posted by possibilitys View Post
    How do you avoid starting the dialogue on A Mothers Concern?
    Quote Originally Posted by mreames View Post
    It now appears by A. Not completing "Preparing to Serve Royalty" (safest)
    Or If it already appears in your book... B. By not tapping on the dialog and not collecting any bandits adventures.
    8. Preparing to Serve Royalty
    Tend the Pigs - x15. note: all pigs count towards the tally
    Tend the Cows - x40 note: all cows count towards the tally
    Craft 2 royal blocks
    Craft 2 royal beams
    note1: Beams/Blocks - inventory doesn't count, you need to craft new ones. You can have them ready to collect though before you get to this step. Tinker camp counts too, so you can have 3 of the 4 ready to collect.
    note 2: If you are maxed on blocks and beams, try these options:
    Royal Block uses: item in unicorn statue, ornate block, upgrading Lantern Spire to level 5, Watchtower to level 5, Library to level 5, Conservatory to level 4 and 5, Observatory to level 2 and 3, Royal Manor to level 8 and 9, Amphitheater to level 2, Knight's Hall to level 2, Tavern to level 4 and 5, Marketplace to level 5, Windmill to level 2 and 3, Sawmill to level 5, Hatchery to level 5, Stables to level 4 and Wizard School to levels 3 and 4.
    Royal Beam uses: Ornate Beam, upgrading Lantern Spire to level 5, Watchtower to level 5, Library to level 5, Conservatory to level 4 and 5, Observatory to level 2 and 3, Royal Manor to level 8 and 9, Amphitheater to level 2, Knight's Hall to level 2, Tavern to level 4 and 5, Marketplace to level 5, Windmill to level 2 and 3, Sawmill to level 5, Hatchery to level 5, Stables to level 4 and 5

9. Mother's Birthday Bonanza
    Present Lady Pfefferknot's gift (Give)
    Serve 3 Hearty Feasts

GOALS SPLIT HERE AGAIN SO YOU SEE THIS GOAL (NO 10) AND GOAL 11 AT THE SAME TIME (AND STREET SMARTS IF THERE IS A CROSS OVER FOR YOU DEPENDING ON WHEN YOU GET TO THIS GOAL). A Mother's Concern is another mini timed goal of 7 days. You will only miss out on the reward if you do not complete it or choose not to do it. The story concludes with step 11.

10. A Mother's Concern - timed 7 days
    Pay a Royal Tribute
    Fight off Bandits x2 (go on the adventure)
    Upgrade Vineyard Estate to level 9 (see above)
    Rewards 1100 coin, 4 xp, 1 cork

11. Time to Celebrate you have to the end of the event to reach this goal
    Upgrade Vineyard Estate to level 10 (see above)
    Enjoy Skunkupie with Ivy note: you DO NOT have to actually give a skunkupie, just press the button
    Rewards 20 gems, 6 xp

End of Steps!
    Click here for Link to Main Goal Guide for Pictures of all Goals

Wow, lots happens when I'm sleeping! I got all my questions answered... Here's the post.

These answers are from PikaSquirrel. The bold questions are a summary of what I asked.

1. I gather the android players don't get the daily new market grape trade??
    Yes, this daily trade feature is only available on iOS.

2. Can you please advise on whether android players will be able to get the kitten and puppy as a prize for the event
    These pets are from an event available to iOS and Android players so everyone will be able to see them. Pets from the Baron's Game Tent are not visible to Android because they do not have this feature.

3. is there a limit to the amount of Town buildings you can have and if so what is the magic number?
    The maximum amount of Royal Buildings in the game is 43.
    (SW postscript: 40 is the Town Building Limit)

4. Can the event be finished without gems and will cork and barrel rate increase?
    Event is set up so players will be able to upgrade their Vineyard Estate to max level without the use of Gems to upgrade it. As they upgrade the building more, more of both Cork and Empty Oak Barrel will drop. So after they reach a higher level, it'll become easier.

5. Reports of a cork or barrel not dropping at all when collecting from the Vineyard Estate.
    The Vineyard will always drop at least one Cork or Empty Oak Barrel. I took a quick look and don't see any issues.

From SW:
    * if you do not receive a cork or barrel, please post which level of the Vineyard Estate you are on so I can pass this on.
    * the bandits adventure doesn't drop cork or barrels (well at least not for me either!) but it does drop 13 grapes.
    * Ivy's goal is OPTIONAL (the 3 day mini goal). If you don't do it or don't finish it, you only miss out on the reward. The rest of the goal continues regardless. You will see 2 goals in your book at this stage.
    * post 2 updates with some of the missing info.

Thanks!
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 07-02-15 at 02:04 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    T minus 45 minutes and counting... I'll bet the Baron is as nervous as we are excited. For a guy that overbearing to be so anxious to please she must be a piece of work! I loved the picture Aggwynn posted.
    Another day in Team Lava Land, another collection of coins, another trip to that change machine at the grocery store...

Rhino Keeper
    Just impatiently waiting. lol I didn't do the last goals so I sure hope I didn't make a poor decision on that. We will see. Any idea what's in store? I just hate it when we have to devote 24/7 to complete. I've not been able to finish in some cases. And I don't even work full time. Can't wait tho!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by 29vanilla View Post
    Just impatiently waiting. lol I didn't do the last goals so I sure hope I didn't make a poor decision on that. We will see. Any idea what's in store? I just hate it when we have to devote 24/7 to complete. I've not been able to finish in some cases. And I don't even work full time. Can't wait tho!
    I know the feeling! You'll probably be fine. The things you got as rewards for having done the optional prep goal were building materials, so we must be building something. A summer home for mommy dearest, perhaps?
    Another day in Team Lava Land, another collection of coins, another trip to that change machine at the grocery store...

Quote Originally Posted by Em_storm View Post
    I know the feeling! You'll probably be fine. The things you got as rewards for having done the optional prep goal were building materials, so we must be building something. A summer home for mommy dearest, perhaps?
    I sure hope we'll be fine. Gotta clear some space if it it's really going to be a summer retreat for Baron's mom. 15ish minutes left :]

Impatient. Lets do this! ������

Rhino Keeper
    Finally, back on WiFi, loaded with blocks and beams, ready to build whatever the Baronesse fancies!

Update with some info:

Prizes:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	20661

How to collect grapes:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	505 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	20662
    Last edited by tvangstanke; 06-04-15 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Update released

Yeah, community prices! And some nice ones, too!

Rhino Keeper
    25 days long! Wow!

Page 1 of 195 123451151101 ... LastLast