Thread: Reminder: mastery spice WILL NOT apply...

Reminder: mastery spice WILL NOT apply...

...if you only need one star to reach the next level of mastery.

I've seen a number of folks complain that mastery spice hasn't worked for them with the current Game of Scones event. It's worked fine for me, but I wanted to remind folks a common reason why you won't get 2 yellow stars out of a mastery spice.

So, y'all, remember! If you only need one star to reach the next mastery level (like in the attached picture, as an example), do not use mastery spice. It will be wasted, you will only get one yellow star, you will be sad, and you will be forced to complain on the forums to no avail. Don't let it happen to you!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	20597

New Resident
    Will you please explain how I use spices to help master recipes? Thank you!

Nightclub Owner
    Earlier it wasn't working for me when i needed to make six batches of the recipe. It appears, however, that this was fixed (?) or corrected itself since I did eventually get credited with the extra one and the second time I used it the master spice did work.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by JBFord15 View Post
    Will you please explain how I use spices to help master recipes? Thank you!
    Sprinkle master spice on a cooking recipe and you get credited with cooking it twice, so to speak. You get two mastery stars (small stars) towards the larger mastery stars. That's confusing but it's true.
    So in practical terms, let's say you have to cook a recipe 12 times to get to level 1 mastery. If you use mastery spice each time you cook the recipe you will only need to cook the recipe six times to master it at level 1. Let's say, however, you need to cook a recipe 15 times to master it (at any level), you would use mastery spice 7 times to get you to 14 "cook and serves", thus cutting the number of times you would need to cook it, but on the last cook you would not use mastery spice to take it to 15. If you use mastery spice you will only get credited one "cook" instead of 2 so the spice will effectively be wasted.

New Resident
    Thanks Bobbyrae! That's what I needed to know.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Earlier it wasn't working for me when i needed to make six batches of the recipe. It appears, however, that this was fixed (?) or corrected itself since I did eventually get credited with the extra one and the second time I used it the master spice did work.
    Yeah, I'm not surprised there was an actual bug as well, but I wanted to address this too since I think it frequently confuses folks, esp. since lvl 2 of the scones requires an odd number. I'm glad you got your credit!

Rhino Keeper
    Just wondering, for example you've already mastered a dish, but then the goal is to serve it 5 times. Does the mastery spice count for 1 more serve? Or not, since just adds a yellow star and there're no more stars to be had?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ellyse99 View Post
    Just wondering, for example you've already mastered a dish, but then the goal is to serve it 5 times. Does the mastery spice count for 1 more serve? Or not, since just adds a yellow star and there're no more stars to be had?
    No, it's inly counts towards mastery starts, not the amount served

Farm Supplier
    Now I understand!
    Last edited by TrixiDeCat; 06-08-15 at 08:15 PM.

Farm Supplier
    Thank you, thank you, BobbyRae! I totally misunderstood the purpose of the Mastery Spice. This now makes so much sense!!