Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Bakery Update: June 3rd 2015

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by taoyingying View Post
    I don't understand the rage about gem stoves... 5 gem seems quite reasonable for me. Even if you buy 6 its only 30 gems. Yet same people in this thread are saying that 55 gem for a 4x2 tea party decor is cheap?! Why it's ok to spend a lot of gem on a small decor but not ok on stoves? Not all player cook just to get gems. I consider stove/food as part of the decoration, and I cook food that's fitting for my current bakery style, even after I have mastered the recipe.
    I don't think anyone in this thread said that the price for the tea party decor is cheap - they are rejoicing simply because it is released again. And of course it's ok to spend gems on stove - it's each player's choice - we are just saying that the price tag for an oven should have been in coins instead of gems. Unless you prefer to pay everything in this game with actual money, that is.

I am a little confused as I read the thread actually - the main debate (I think) is not about whether 5 gems is a reasonable price, but rather that the recipes/ oven could have been made available to more players for whatever reason each player plays the game - for the fun of baking, for cute food items, as part of the bakery's design, or for gems. Again - unless you feel privileged to have something that most players will not buy with actual money. But even for that purpose I suppose there are already plenty of choices in this game: wallpapers, tiles, floor decorations, boxes etc.
    Last edited by luincristiel; 06-04-15 at 10:05 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Frankly speaking I am a little concerned about Storm8's recent experiments - the ridiculously-priced Puebla ovens and fountains in gems, and now a gem oven. It seems to me that they are tired of giving us LTOs... which I don't understand. What's wrong with meeting demand with supply? They have the design and the s**** to do limit-time, so all they need to do is give it a price tag. Not necessarily easy, but presumably easier than having a new design AND pricing it?

Gems for new ovens = pay to play. Is this a free game or not? Gems for new ovens blurs that line. New ovens with three recipes and no other benefit should be coins. Otherwise why not just put those recipes on the basic oven? The premise of this game has always been cook for free gems but entice to buy ADDITIONAL gems. Gems to cook = pay to play.

Now however if you just buy one oven you invest 5 gems to net 6. I think I will have to buy one even though cooking on one oven is not how I play. I buy 3-5 of each as a general rule. I won't buy more than one on principle. I do pay to play, that is I buy gems, but will not pay them on NEW ovens.

I think new ovens for gems is a slimey way to make money S8. Btw people, I know its a business. As I said I gladly buy gems. Its not about making money or not making money...its about how you make your money.
    pueblagate, gems for new ovens, gem traps, and so on are slimey ways to make money.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by luincristiel View Post
    I don't think anyone in this thread said that the price for the tea party decor is cheap
    Oh yeah there are people said that. For example, post #68 says 55 gems are huge steal, also quite a few people said they accept the price because it could be 70 gems. Which reminded me of those retail stores who will raise the regular price and then have a "sale", which in effect making them sell at exactly the same price, but people are happy, because, you know, "cheap" or "expensive" are only comparitive

And of course it's ok to spend gems on stove - it's each player's choice - we are just saying that the price tag for an oven should have been in coins instead of gems.
    I'm confused... You are saying it's ok to pay gems for stoves, but it's not ok to pay gems (in stead of coins) for stoves?

Again - unless you feel privileged to have something that most players will not buy with actual money. But even for that purpose I suppose there are already plenty of choices in this game: wallpapers, tiles, floor decorations, boxes etc.
    I buy gem items (be it stove or decor) not because I want to shout out to my neighbors "Hey look at me I'm rich!", but because I like the item and the price is reasonable for me. If they charge 50 gems for that stove I would walk away, but I'm not going to be furious about that. There are many, many things in the world I cannot afford and I think the pricing is rediculous, big deal?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by auroramom View Post
    I think we need a moderator to take this oven problem back to team lava/storm 8. The oven pricing needs to be changed to coins! I don't know of anyone that just buys one appliance. I personally buy 6 so that would be 30 gems and I have a lot of neighbors that buy 10 or more of each appliance. Charging gems for ovens is just outrageous! Kooky or whoever please send this back to the powers that be for this situation to be corrected. Thank you so much!
    Kooky did respond to same post I did in RS. Basically stoves are staying as gems (no surprise) but the forum reaction has been "forwarded to the team". Don't know that that's really good news but I am glad that Kooky took the time to respond.

Rhino Keeper
    This is a game where making recipes has always been a way to earn gems, so paying gems for the appliances to have the opportunity to do that turns the premise of the game upside down. Yes, one also earns coins and experience points from cooking, and if those were outstanding with the Bavarian (BS) and Pub (RS) appliances, maybe some players would see that as a fair trade-off, but those benefits are barely average here, and there are only 3 recipes!

My other objection has to do with the fact that many recent updates included recipes from Japan, Turkey, and Argentina etc. and those were added to other appliances with no gem costs for all players to enjoy, but now Germany and England, which have many players here, have their country's recipes on appliances that have to be purchased with gems. It was really nice that Storm 8 was going in a multi-cultural direction with decor and recipes and letting players in other countries get to experience other cultures through decorating and cooking, but now Storm 8 seems to be saying that we will have to pay gems to do that. This game helps bring people together from other cultures and the world needs more of these positive experiences, so why Storm 8 make that more difficult for us by making these ovens for gems? Keep doing what you started and keep the ovens with international recipes for coins only!

STORM 8: Keep all new appliances for COINS only please! Stick to making your money from gems with creative and artistic decorations!
    Last edited by PrairieGrass; 06-04-15 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Put Venezuela instead of Argentina, well maybe sometime

I hope they have a summer beach theme! since thats the theme of my bakery!

Fashion Designer
    Since TL already has a RS2, and by last survey looks like a BS2 will follow soon.
    I think it's a phase to get more players in those games.
    Shrugs just a guess mind you.

I earn gems through cooking to get tables and chairs mainly. Rarely a decor item.

Again if the goals are going to be gem ovens, then it will potentially eliminate
    a huge loss in customers.

Note: Just IMHO!

Farm Supplier
    These new gem ovens I'll call them, make me wonder if the only way to get new recipes from now on is from these new ovens and goal ovens. Are we ever going to get an update that puts recipes on the basic ovens again? If not, it isn't fair to people who can't afford to purchase gems, for instance kids.. They don't have credit cards or any money to spend. Doesn't seem fair if that is the case. Hopefully it's not the case.

Rhino Keeper
    I was very surprised when I saw the stove for gems. I only bought the decorations that were for coins.