Page 20 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: May Flowers Event - May 28 - IOS Only

Quote Originally Posted by ghjvcucjb View Post
    Several of my friends have potbellies and you are right, they get bigger than you think, lol. I'm not really a pig person but saw one of the mini tea cups and my little ones were squealing (pun intended) with delight. We've been on a waiting list for months but hopefully soon
    I'm a wildlife vet, and this disturbs me. "Teacup pigs" are just potbellied pigs...they will grow to over 50 pounds! Do not buy from a breeder, who only shows you the tiny newborns, and is in it for the money. Check out the potbellied pig rescue websites for more info before you make a heartbreaking mistake!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sgoetzinger99 View Post
    I'm a wildlife vet, and this disturbs me. "Teacup pigs" are just potbellied pigs...they will grow to over 50 pounds! Do not buy from a breeder, who only shows you the tiny newborns, and is in it for the money. Check out the potbellied pig rescue websites for more info before you make a heartbreaking mistake!
    Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will do some research on this before we do the final purchase. I was told that this was a special bred and fully grown would still fit into my small hand.

Rhino Keeper
    Fifty lbs is still not bad, i'd take that. My guy had his own bedroom and was box trained. He was super smart. His sister ended up over 300 lbs. far cry from the 25 promised, huh?
    Have a Luvly Day!

Rhino Keeper
    Maxed Morgan's garden. All upgrade parts as I receive them will be posted in shop.

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will do some research on this before we do the final purchase. I was told that this was a special bred and fully grown would still fit into my small hand.
    I read somewhere that pigs can start breeding as young as 6-8weeks. Newborn potbelly pigs fit in a teacup. Full grown ones can be up to 150lbs. Someone wrote that you think you're getting a teacup Yorkie but end up with a St. Bernard.
    Last edited by jigsaw75; 05-30-15 at 03:44 PM.

Yes, definitely do your research. This is one pet that is surrounded with a lot of unscrupulous operators. If you do care about animal welfare, it's best to be informed. Even if you do get a pig that will stay small through out its life, this is often achieved in part by under feeding it (think bonsai plant except animals have feelings and do suffer from hunger). You can still enjoy getting a tea cup pig, as long as you're willing to care for it if/when it gets bigger. Also, unlike dogs, pigs can live for up to 20 years so it is very much a long term commitment

Rhino Keeper
    It would be wonderful if people would keep growing flowers and either selling the flowers or make and sell the terrariums, hats and flower arrangements even after they get their piglet!

Farm Supplier
    After the final upgrade, is there anything we will need the gloves, watering cans or shovels for?

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by kimwood1 View Post
    After the final upgrade, is there anything we will need the gloves, watering cans or shovels for?
    The exact same question I came here to ask! Does someone know the answer?

Rhino Keeper
    Honestly I dont care about the pig I just want to updrade the garden an I bet the flower pots are staying. At least they better since I bought two with gems just so I could keep 2 of each flowers as deco.