Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Tales Event: Restoring the Dark Cystal IOS ONLY

Like last Tales, the biggest way to get a head start on the goals is to feed and evolve your Sorceress dragon to level 10 as soon as possible in the gaps between acts.

I found out the last time, trying to get ahead with the quests sometimes glitched. Collecting from a quest that you started before the goals didn't necessarily count towards the goal. It was it was checking to make sure you started the quest after getting the goal. Annoyed me a lot.

Nightclub Owner
    It seems I will not make it with me losing 2 days due to a busy weekend, ah well, I don't really want another dragon when I can't fit them all on my isle anyways
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by LonePudding View Post
    Just a reminder, if you have the funds, all 7 upgraded farms, and can play at the right times, you can
    Make 15k+ food a day!

Note: This is just a quick calculation for players who have millions of unusable coins lying around. Of course you can buy coins, but I'm not sure how expensive that would turn out.

Diamonddates!
    • 1 farm = 800 apples every 5 hours {75k coins}
    • 7 farms = 5,600 apples every 5 hours {525k coins}
    • 7 farms, 3 times a day = 16,800 apples every 15 hours {1,575,000 coins!}
      You'll need some dedication!
      Doing this for 6 days would cost...
      9,450,000 coins!

- I find the best times for the above strategy is to plant at: 7 am, 12 pm, 5pm, 10pm to plant overnight crops mentioned below.
    - After these 15 hours, you can plant the 8 hour Eliteleeks to be harvested the next morning:

Overnight Eliteleeks!
    • 1 farm = 325 apples {5.5k coins}
    • 7 farms = 2,275 apples {38.5k coins}

Repeat this daily and you can reach 100k food within 5-6 days!

To be exact, day farming would take 5.96 days to reach 100k food.
    Day + overnight farming would take 5.24 days to reach 100k food.
    Of course this changes if you start this strategy with food stored already.

...*emotional* I would just like to thank my precious iPhone calculator! *tear* If it wasn't for her, none of this would've been possible Okay, I'll stop being stupid now lol...

OR for those of us with some combination of ADD, OCD, millions of coins, and enough free time / attention to the app:

Impuberries = 6 food every 30 seconds = 12 food / minute / farm.
    x 7 farms x 60 min = 5040 food per hour of dedicated effort. It only takes 20 dedicated hours of impruberries to get to 100k food if you have 7 farms.

Upgrapes = 100 food every 10 minutes
    x 7 farms = 4200 food per hour. About 23.8 dedicated hours to get to 100k food with upgrapes.

Most of us have to sleep and go to school and/or work, but if you're not to chapter 5-6 yet, you should have plenty of time to get 100k food. And be sure to put something longer on those farms while away from your electronic gadgets- diamondantes are good for 5hrs (school/work and check on lunch break) and eliteleeks for overnight/8 hours. Hope this helps everyone out!! I'm on chapter 3 now - waiting for chapter 4 - and started the event with only 5k food saved, and my sorceress is already to lvl 9.

Fashion Designer
    Yesterday it didn't register when I had fed my dragon ahead of time so had to pay gold to skip this on both accounts. I waited till 3am est to start Chapter 4 on both. On the main one, it went ahead as soon as I bred Forest with Fire, on the other lower one, I did the same and it wouldn't move ahead. It was a Life dragon, so I sped it ahead to try again. Then I realized I had Aether in the nest, so had to speed her off the nest - more gold. So annoying. Rebred Forest with Lunar Ram this time - stuck with 20 hours - Island and it still won't move ahead. Should I report this? Pay more gold? thanks

Also used my epic Fire and Firestorm and lost twice to Dino 12. I don't have Champs. I can use the Gatekeeper (he lost) I crafted but hadn't fed him as saving food for the Sorceress. I love this game but not so much today with all the glitches above.

PS: I don't mind paying for feeding her ahead but the other things I do mind.
    Last edited by debrasbistro; 05-29-15 at 01:07 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by debrasbistro View Post
    Yesterday it didn't register when I had fed my dragon ahead of time so had to pay gold to skip this on both accounts. I waited till 3am est to start Chapter 4 on both. On the main one, it went ahead as soon as I bred Forest with Fire, on the other lower one, I did the same and it wouldn't move ahead. It was a Life dragon, so I sped it ahead to try again. Then I realized I had Aether in the nest, so had to speed her off the nest - more gold. So annoying. Rebred Forest with Lunar Ram this time - stuck with 20 hours - Island and it still won't move ahead. Should I report this? Pay more gold? thanks

Also used my epic Fire and Firestorm and lost twice to Dino 12. I don't have Champs. I can use the Gatekeeper I crafted but hadn't fed him as saving food for the Sorceress. I love this game but not so much today with all the glitches above.

PS: I don't mind paying for feeding her ahead but the other things I do mind.
    Yes this is exactly what haas happened to me too. The forest I bred with fire did not register and move to the next act I waited until it was about half way through the 6hour breeding and then used gold to speed. Put anothe forest with life into the den and still not registering. This is rubbish. I have no chance of this goal now. What's going on!!!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by florawynn View Post
    You don't have to wait for the prompts when it comes to leveling up dragons for summonings. You'll get credit for it. I've fed dragons to epic for every summoning way before the prompt & I've never had problems. I did it w/Moonlight for the last Dragon Tales summoning & my Sorceress will be epic before I finish Ch 2. Lol.
    I dont know about everyone else, but I WAS PENALIZED for leveling up abead of time. This is NOT like the last dragon tales quest. Heads up everyone.

Host(ess)
    Someone suggested breeding a Forest with an Arctic dragon, but it didn't count. Has this method actually worked for anyone, or is this one of the glitches mentioned above?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin0908 View Post
    I dont know about everyone else, but I WAS PENALIZED for leveling up abead of time. This is NOT like the last dragon tales quest. Heads up everyone.
    Yes. Same here.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by florawynn View Post
    You don't have to wait for the prompts when it comes to leveling up dragons for summonings. You'll get credit for it. I've fed dragons to epic for every summoning way before the prompt & I've never had problems. I did it w/Moonlight for the last Dragon Tales summoning & my Sorceress will be epic before I finish Ch 2. Lol.
    I don't think that true about early evolution. In chapter 3 my sorceres was already level 4 and the quest didnt pick it up. I was forced to spend gems there.

Quote Originally Posted by MaribouMay View Post
    Last time it was technically possible though the schedule was very tight and it presumes luck in the battle arena. I suspect the same this time. The key is to have tasks set up ahead of time as much as possible. So start the appropriate quests and plantings but wait to harvest until prompted. Have your battle arena ready for when you are prompted to battle. It also seems that there isn't a penalty for early evolution of your Sorceress dragon. Evolve her as quickly as you can, working around her required questing.

You might want to set timers to remind you of when the next task is due. The less time in between tasks the better in the last few days.

Executive Chef
    I have been feeding mine as I go, and it has been counting it each time. I would try force closing your game, and re-starting. Sometimes that works on stuck things. (try that on breeding not counting also).
    Here are the rest of the screen shots:
    Attachment 20539
    Attachment 20540
    Attachment 20541
    Attachment 20542
    I am not adding any neighbors at this time.
    Thanks & Have a great day! Annie