Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: How many Gifts & Request per day

Requesting Gifts

How exactly do you do this please. I can?t work out how to request gifts. Many thanks.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by bumblebum1 View Post
    How exactly do you do this please. I can?t work out how to request gifts. Many thanks.
    Basically, if you're trying to build an oven or have a goal that specifies you request items you can ask your neighbors for them. It has to be someone that's on your neighbor list, so you'll want to have at least 20 active neighbors at all times since that is the limit of requests and gifts you may receive per day.

Requesting oven parts: Once you've purchased and placed the oven, it will appear as a box full of junk. Double tap the oven and you will get a pop up of what parts you need to build it. If you don't have enough parts there will be buttons beneath the part's photo that read "Ask Friends" or "Buy for 2 Gems". Simply tap the "Ask Friends" button and your Neighbor List will appear, select each neighbor you'd like to ask and press "Send." The next time your neighbors open their apps, your request will appear in their News Feed. Now all you have to do is wait to get enough parts to build the oven.

*Note: if you choose to click "Buy for 2 Gems" instead of waiting for the requests to come through, you will only be purchasing a single part, not the total amount needed to complete the oven. For example: if you need 10 Screws, you would have to click the "Buy" button 10 times, each time paying 2 gems to get one screw.*

If you're trying to request items to complete a Goal: Tap on your Goal Book, then tap on the specific goal, then click the button that says "Ask" and the rest follows the same as requesting parts. You'll get your neighbor list, select the neighbors you want to ask and click "Send".

You can only get 20 gifts and 20 requests per day so it's important that you're sure your neighbors are active so you don't waste time waiting for items from a player who has quit the game. There's a thread that outlines all the important things players should know, it's called the Bakery Story Game Guide, I'd recommend giving it a once over so you're not surprised by anything that pops up in the future.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59840

Ask button on Goals

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Basically, if you're trying to build an oven or have a goal that specifies you request items you can ask your neighbors for them. It has to be someone that's on your neighbor list, so you'll want to have at least 20 active neighbors at all times since that is the limit of requests and gifts you may receive per day.

Requesting oven parts: Once you've purchased and placed the oven, it will appear as a box full of junk. Double tap the oven and you will get a pop up of what parts you need to build it. If you don't have enough parts there will be buttons beneath the part's photo that read "Ask Friends" or "Buy for 2 Gems". Simply tap the "Ask Friends" button and your Neighbor List will appear, select each neighbor you'd like to ask and press "Send." The next time your neighbors open their apps, your request will appear in their News Feed. Now all you have to do is wait to get enough parts to build the oven.

*Note: if you choose to click "Buy for 2 Gems" instead of waiting for the requests to come through, you will only be purchasing a single part, not the total amount needed to complete the oven. For example: if you need 10 Screws, you would have to click the "Buy" button 10 times, each time paying 2 gems to get one screw.*

If you're trying to request items to complete a Goal: Tap on your Goal Book, then tap on the specific goal, then click the button that says "Ask" and the rest follows the same as requesting parts. You'll get your neighbor list, select the neighbors you want to ask and click "Send".

You can only get 20 gifts and 20 requests per day so it's important that you're sure your neighbors are active so you don't waste time waiting for items from a player who has quit the game. There's a thread that outlines all the important things players should know, it's called the Bakery Story Game Guide, I'd recommend giving it a once over so you're not surprised by anything that pops up in the future.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59840
    I don?t appear to have an Ask button on Goals. Does this appear only on specific goals.

I don?t appear to have an Ask button on Goals. Does this appear only on specific goals.

Do you see this?

Name:  E58F1B3B-361E-4C5A-8522-51BE17FC461B.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  82.9 KB
    Level 99 / 4 star player

Executive Chef
    Yes, only some goals tell you to request certain items from neighbors. Those goals (usually saying "Ask neighbors for 6 [name of item]") will have the Ask button as AnnirasSweets explained. I don't believe any of the current s'mores goal steps require you to ask for parts though, since the appliances require so many parts.

I couldn't find info in this, sorry if its been answered and I missed it.

How do I use the constructable parts I've been gifted?
    I have appliances waiting to be completed and I have the needed parts in my gift inventory. Clicking them just results in a dialogue box saying I can't serve constructable parts.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloroformkitten View Post
    I couldn't find info in this, sorry if its been answered and I missed it.

How do I use the constructable parts I've been gifted?
    I have appliances waiting to be completed and I have the needed parts in my gift inventory. Clicking them just results in a dialogue box saying I can't serve constructable parts.
    Right, clicking on parts in your inventory unfortunately doesn't give you any info. What you need to do is go to the design tab & buy the appliance you want. It will appear on your floor as a cardboard box full of parts. Tap on it, and the popup will tell you which & how many parts you still need (read AnnirasSweets message #72 in this thread for more details), and when you have them all collected, you can hit Build, and it will complete the appliance, taking the needed parts out of your inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    Right, clicking on parts in your inventory unfortunately doesn't give you any info. What you need to do is go to the design tab & buy the appliance you want. It will appear on your floor as a cardboard box full of parts. Tap on it, and the popup will tell you which & how many parts you still need (read AnnirasSweets message #72 in this thread for more details), and when you have them all collected, you can hit Build, and it will complete the appliance, taking the needed parts out of your inventory.
    Okay, I've done pretty much that, I guess I just didn't understand that the number/number indicator was already counting what's in my inventory. I assumed that my fulfilled requests and the gifts were counted separately.
    Thanks!

Can someone answer me this after reading about the gifting and request? How are people building up to four or five stoves in one to two days? I don't get how this is being done if we're only allowed 20 gift and 20 request? Thanks in advance.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by darkangelwitch View Post
    Can someone answer me this after reading about the gifting and request? How are people building up to four or five stoves in one to two days? I don't get how this is being done if we're only allowed 20 gift and 20 request? Thanks in advance.
    For the 15 Day Goal appliances, they're most likely trading in the collectibles for parts. Every time you start/serve a recipe on the goal appliances, it drops random collectibles which can then be traded to parts to build more goal appliances.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast