Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: How many Gifts & Request per day

Executive Chef
    Well, no, that's the thing we always talk about (we being players who use the forums a lot), a known issue: if you send more than 20 requests per day, only 20 of your neighbors will receive them, and the other requests (or the next 20, if you asked for more than 40 things) will get to your neighbors tomorrow. We should receive 20 parts from our requesting per day, if we have good neighbors. But what's our rate of being good neighbors, and accepting others' requests? That’s my current question.

But yes please, do count! Today or tomorrow is a new goal, so we should all be getting bunches of requests, unless it's for a rereleased oven everyone already has. Report back how many you got, and then if you got them at different times please. Like, did you open your game, hit accept 10 times, and that was all you saw all day? Or did you accept 10 requests and then when you came back you had 10 more waiting? Or maybe you had more than 10 at once and my whole theory is shot.

Bonus points if you count how many are in your queue, waiting to be accepted, before you start actually accepting! Just in case.

This short goal isn't a good one for testing your theory, because the majority of my neighbors already have the ovens in storage. I only received 2 requests first thing this morning, and have filled one more since then.

Ok... yesterday I woke up with 12 requests but only had 3 more.

Today I woke up with 7 and have had 12 total.

I understand thee request thing with sending goals out & being careful to not jam my queue but the way I read that sentence sounds like my neighbor can only recieve 20 requests... which makes me wonder what happens to the requests sent to me but I don't see.

There is a S8 question forum. I'll ask there & see if there is a limit. If there's a limit, it sounds like something's up that we aren't receiving the max material requests we should.

Happy Baking!

Bakery Story S8 Dreamear lvl 99.

Adding active players who don't care about tipping.

I don't care if my neighbor's tipping rate is zero so long as responding/accepting material requests, gifting goal parts during a goal & usable parts during non-goal times.

Started playing August 2017
    This is a game, it's supposed to be fun.
    Not stressful

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sgoetzinger99 View Post
    This short goal isn't a good one for testing your theory, because the majority of my neighbors already have the ovens in storage. I only received 2 requests first thing this morning, and have filled one more since then.
    Yeah, I didn't come anywhere near even 10 requests per day. Next goal!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamear View Post
    Ok... yesterday I woke up with 12 requests but only had 3 more.

Today I woke up with 7 and have had 12 total.
    Hmm...a definite ding in my theory. Did you count the 12 before you accepted any, or did you count while you were accepting?

Hmm...a definite ding in my theory. Did you count the 12 before you accepted any, or did you count while you were accepting?
    I counted before but seriously weird thing... I went the other day and posted asking about this. So today when I opened BS I had a ton of requests. I stopped counting when I accepted over 30 requests. I've NEVER had that many requests ever. I really think it had something to do with my complaint/ question. I think someone else should try & see if anything happens.

This is what I posted over at tge bugs & issues form. No one answered but I saw an immediate difference.
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...erial-Requests

ok, here's what i found, and this is interesting.

yesterday before goals i got just one request, and it was day-to-day.

then i entered around 3hrs after the goal started, and i got exactly 10 requests for dust, they came during those 3hrs.

it took abt an hour time to make my own preparations for goals, but no more requests came during that hour...

this morning i entered, and got 5 more requests for dust came overnight while i was offline.

i built ovens, put the dishes to cook, and entered in one hour - got 2 more requests for dust came during this hour.

after one more hour, i came to serve my dishes and found 2 requests for new spare part, they came during last hour.

so i counted, 1+10+5+2+2, found that i accepted whole 20 day-to-day requests during this day, and decided to check if i can get more.

i have 2 spare account that are over level 12 (goals accessible), and sent the dust request to myself.

and... tada! i've got them!

which means, we can accept more than 20 per day!

(i have already got 22, and i am really upset that i have no other ways to check if i can get more... still 30mins until server switches the day, maybe i'll get some more...
    but you are right, i doubt that i ever seen 10 AT ONCE...)

also, thanks to this thread, i've finally checked the theory that we can get 20 helps per day +1 _additional_ from stormie:

i declined all useless gifts & got my 9 dusts in the evening, and this morning i've built 3 ovens (means, 39 new things i got).
    AND - now i have 2 more details in stock for 4rth oven.
    which means, during this day i've got 41 new things, and not 40!

Executive Chef
    Okay, so here's my experiment, with apologies to my neighbors:

I accepted all requests right before reset, then sent myself 3 requests as quickly as I could, then gave it a few minutes and went into my main account. I had 10 requests, but only accepted one because that neighbor had been faster than me. So then I waited another short while and when I went back my request was gone, without my ever having accepted or declined it.

I accepted a couple more to put myself at the bottom again (I was working on the theory that oldest requests would disappear first). So then I had 2 from myself, plus 5 more after them. (I'd accepted 4 at that point.) The next time I went in, my 2 were still there, but there were only 3 others!

Edited: okay, my 3rd & final request from myself has disappeared, even though I only have 8 requests in the queue right now. (The other 3 that stuck around are still there, plus 5 newer ones, but not the 2 that vanished earlier.) So now I'm going to go accept all so that I'm not annoying too many people.
    Last edited by twospoons; 02-21-18 at 05:46 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    Okay, so here's my experiment, with apologies to my neighbors:

I accepted all requests right before reset, then sent myself 3 requests as quickly as I could, then gave it a few minutes and went into my main account. I had 10 requests, but only accepted one because that neighbor had been faster than me. So then I waited another short while and when I went back my request was gone, without my ever having accepted or declined it.

I accepted a couple more to put myself at the bottom again (I was working on the theory that oldest requests would disappear first). So then I had 2 from myself, plus 5 more after them. (I'd accepted 4 at that point.) The next time I went in, my 2 were still there, but there were only 3 others!

So I'm not sure if that indicates that requests disappear if you don't accept them at the first available opportunity?
    they do sometimes disappear, but may appear next day after game reset or maybe not, also i noticed you can decline old request from one person, just to get new request from this same person, it's how it works for me if i decide to use my 2nd account

I had 6 requests this morning (I'm on EST)...I counted them before filling them. Just went back in and I had 4 more.

Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    (I was working on the theory that oldest requests would disappear first)
    actually, i'm starting to think that this theory is correct.

i've faced before with such a "casus": i enter the game, see 5 requests, and while i'm accepting first four, the last one just disappears!..
    --------------------------------------------------------

i've also faced with another one: they say, when we get all 20 helps (+1 from stormie), then our requests excess (if any) falls to the next day.
    so, i've got used to that old requests normally appear when the server switches the day.
    BUT from time to time they pop-up just in the middle of day!

and here's the third one that i faced with just now.

yesterday, i've sent out 9 requests for dust, and 142 requests for gear.
    as i said, by reset i had all my 21 requests filled properly.
    so, after reset, i missed only 8 gears for my 4th oven.

i didn't request anything today, i just accepted 8 gears from gifts, and then started to decline gifts with gear, and to accept only gifts with nozzle.

when 7 (seven) hours after reset passed, i had ZERO gears in my inventory!
    which means none of my 130 yesterday's "excess" gear requests have been gotten by my neighbors!

and now, after 8 hours from reset, one of my news board messages said "your neighbor accepted your request 24 minutes ago".
    i checked my inventory again, and now i have 3 gears.

means, your theory seems to be right and explains many things.

newer requests come first.

older requests fly somewher in space until... which moment? here's where i'm still lost.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast