Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: How many Gifts & Request per day

Host(ess)
    Hey why did I only get 10 gifts today, don't rip me off TL

My neighbours have been saying they are only receiving 10 gifts.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by kima65 View Post
    Hey why did I only get 10 gifts today, don't rip me off TL
    Yep. There's something amiss with the gift system. Let's just hope this isn't a deliberate change to the game to balance the economy of the game and to provide a fun and engaging experience that everyone can enjoy for a long time.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by ojapple96 View Post
    If you decline a neighbors gift they can then send you another. That's happened when I've sent someone the wrong part and told them to decline and let me know I'll resend the one they had requested/wanted and it works fine. I've been on the receiving end of this too. Usually I only do this with neighbors I know well.
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperWoo View Post
    That's odd. When I send someone the wrong part and they actually received it but declined, I won't be able to gift them again until next reset. The only time I can try to gift again is what bobbyrae posted.
    That is odd indeed. I even tested it this morning with my second account. I wasn't able to send a second part after it was declined.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    That is odd indeed. I even tested it this morning with my second account. I wasn't able to send a second part after it was declined.
    I've tested this as well and it doesn't work. Once a gift has been sent that gift button is grayed out until reset.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kvoeller View Post
    I've tested this as well and it doesn't work. Once a gift has been sent that gift button is grayed out until reset.
    I'm on iOS not sure if that makes a difference it's been awhile since I did this so maybe it doesn't work anymore

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by ojapple96 View Post
    I'm on iOS not sure if that makes a difference it's been awhile since I did this so maybe it doesn't work anymore
    I'm on both ios and android and it has not been the case since i started playing unfortunately. If it was working for you then it probably was a bug in the system which, no doubt, has been squashed by now.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperWoo View Post
    Yes! I had the same problem today and wasn't sure how to explain it cause it's very weird! It's not that I only received 10 gifts, rather it's like my news feed only shows the last 10 gifts on queue but whatever was sent to me in excess that I haven't accepted/rejected yet all disappeared and went to limbo immediately, even when I was checking my game so often during reset time. In the end I only managed to receive 16 gifts on BS and 14 gifts on RS before I got maxed out.
    Pepper this also happened to me. So I decided to go into my BS Halloween 2012 version I have on my tablet and there was the rest of my gifts.... its cuz the new yoga cafe edition has a new oven. My nbrs were gifting me the wooden bowl and lotus but I could only see those gifts in this game and not the Poets Cafe cuz I don't have the updated version. So If anyone has an older verision that they can use check it out. I got that version from Amazon apps.
    Last edited by kjbrogren; 05-29-15 at 05:29 AM. Reason: spelling error

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kjbrogren View Post
    Pepper this also happened to me. So I decided to go into my BS Halloween 2012 version I have on my tablet and there was the rest of my gifts.... its cuz the new yoga cafe edition has a new oven. My nbrs were gifting me the wooden bowl and lotus but I could only see those gifts in this game and not the Poets Cafe cuz I don't have the updated version. So If anyone has an older verision that they can use check it out. I got that version from Amazon apps.
    Yeah I was aware of the yoga parts not showing up on the Poet's Cafe version but this issue is a different thing, a lot of people have also reported the same on this thread: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....-my-gifts-list I believe it's not os-specific as I was using my iPhone that time and I still didn't get my full 20 gift limit. I think it may be already fixed though but I'm not sure cause the mods haven't confirmed it and since that bug happened, I've been careful not to let my gifts list reach 10 so I can't check myself lest I lose gifts again lol.
    Last edited by PepperWoo; 05-29-15 at 06:11 AM.

Executive Chef

Neighbor theory

So I have a theory I can neither prove nor disprove, maybe someone else can.

I don't think you can get more than 10 requests from your neighbors at one time.

Here's my reasoning: I once had a ton of active neighbors in RS, and right when a goal opened, I only had ten neighbors asking me for items. Could easily be a coincidence, so if anyone has ever seen more than that, please let me know. But if gifts and news feed notifications are limited, I don't see why requests wouldn't be. Could also explain why some people don't get requests filled--it's not that you're sending out more than 20, it's that your neighbors have already gotten 10.

But I can't figure out what happens after 10. Because we've all seen where you accept all the requests in your feed, and then an extra one from 3 days ago suddenly pops up. Is it that once you've accepted, they're cleared, leaving room for any requests waiting in the wings somewhere? Which requests are waiting?

Anyway, thoughts?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast