Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How many Gifts & Request per day

Rhino Keeper

How many Gifts & Request per day

How many gifts can you send per day?
    How many gifts can you receive per day?
    Do declined gifts count as a received gift?
    How many Parts Requests can be received per day?
    Do quests that tell you to ask for something count as a parts request?

Moderator please answer and sticky this.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by KimWill View Post
    How many gifts can you send per day?
    There is no limit to the amount of gifts you can send per day. You can only send each neighbor one gift per day, but as you can have an unlimited number of neighbors there is no limit to the amount you can send. If you are asking this because you receive the "oh, darn. We were unable to send gifts to your friends...." message, that means that your neighbors have already received their 20 gifts for the day.
    How many gifts can you receive per day?
    You can receive 20 gifts per day. Parts requests are not included in this.
    Do declined gifts count as a received gift?
    They shouldn't. However, numerous players have complained for years about declining gifts and still not receiving their 20 gifts for the day. PepperWoo has suggested on a few different threads that this is because the gifts were declined too fast, so the game wasn't registering the decline. They key is to wait 5-10 seconds after you decline and gift before declining another, or you can do something to get that "processing" message, which means your game is syncing to the server. When I decline gifts, I usually delete messages from my wall or visit a neighbor or someone from the community in between declines.
    How many Parts Requests can be received per day?
    Only 20 of your neighbors can accept parts requests per day. So potentially you can receive up to 40 gifts a day in you receive 20 gifts and send 20 parts requests. If you send out more than 20 requests, only the first 20 will make it that day. The rest will be carried over to the next day, and so on. If you are sending out more than 20 requests every day, the system will get overloaded and you will not receive your parts.
    Do quests that tell you to ask for something count as a parts request?
    Indeed they do. I try to keep an eye on the current goal thread so I can plan my requests accordingly. For example, in the last quest we had to ask for 16 parts (10 blankets and 6 packing tape or vice versa) so I sent out the 16 requests to neighbors I know will answer then I sent 4 requests for oven parts.

Farm Supplier
    How many gifts can you send per day? Unlimited (As in you can send 1 gift to any amount of neighbors you want. 10, 100, 1000. all.)
    How many gifts can you receive per day? 20
    Do declined gifts count as a received gift? Nope
    How many Parts Requests can be received per day? 20
    Do quests that tell you to ask for something count as a parts request? Yeah
    null

Rhino Keeper
    Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but pending gifts count against your 20, so declined gifts only don't count after you decline them. That is, if you have 20 gifts waiting to be accepted, your 21st neighbor won't be able to send you a gift. And if you went and declined all of the pending gifts, that 21st gift isn't queued up like the parts requests are. You wouldn't automatically get it. You wouldn't get another gift until one was sent.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by sally_brown View Post
    Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but pending gifts count against your 20, so declined gifts only don't count after you decline them. That is, if you have 20 gifts waiting to be accepted, your 21st neighbor won't be able to send you a gift. And if you went and declined all of the pending gifts, that 21st gift isn't queued up like the parts requests are. You wouldn't automatically get it. You wouldn't get another gift until one was sent.
    The 21st gifter would receive a message that he is not able to send the gift as they have received their maximum number of gifts that day. If the player declined pending gifts and the 21st gifter tried to send the gift again then the gift SHOULD go through as SHOULD 19 other neighbours (other than those whose gifts were declined) be able to send through gifts. This is what should happen. What happens in practice may vary.

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you all very much

Executive Chef
    STRANGE THING HAPPENED TODAY ABOUT THE GIFT
    27 May 2015. I am very confused about the gift receive today at game reset. I thought we are able to receive 20 gifts everyday at game reset. But today I can only receive 10 gifts and my neighbours told me that My gift is maxed for today. Some of my neighbours also start to face the same problem as me. Could someone please help us with this gift receive problem. Thanks.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakerling View Post
    STRANGE THING HAPPENED TODAY ABOUT THE GIFT
    27 May 2015. I am very confused about the gift receive today at game reset. I thought we are able to receive 20 gifts everyday at game reset. But today I can only receive 10 gifts and my neighbours told me that My gift is maxed for today. Some of my neighbours also start to face the same problem as me. Could someone please help us with this gift receive problem. Thanks.
    Yes! I had the same problem today and wasn't sure how to explain it cause it's very weird! It's not that I only received 10 gifts, rather it's like my news feed only shows the last 10 gifts on queue but whatever was sent to me in excess that I haven't accepted/rejected yet all disappeared and went to limbo immediately, even when I was checking my game so often during reset time. In the end I only managed to receive 16 gifts on BS and 14 gifts on RS before I got maxed out.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    The 21st gifter would receive a message that he is not able to send the gift as they have received their maximum number of gifts that day. If the player declined pending gifts and the 21st gifter tried to send the gift again then the gift SHOULD go through as SHOULD 19 other neighbours (other than those whose gifts were declined) be able to send through gifts. This is what should happen. What happens in practice may vary.
    If you decline a neighbors gift they can then send you another. That's happened when I've sent someone the wrong part and told them to decline and let me know I'll resend the one they had requested/wanted and it works fine. I've been on the receiving end of this too. Usually I only do this with neighbors I know well.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ojapple96 View Post
    If you decline a neighbors gift they can then send you another. That's happened when I've sent someone the wrong part and told them to decline and let me know I'll resend the one they had requested/wanted and it works fine. I've been on the receiving end of this too. Usually I only do this with neighbors I know well.
    That's odd. When I send someone the wrong part and they actually received it but declined, I won't be able to gift them again until next reset. The only time I can try to gift again is what bobbyrae posted.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast