Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beehive, Truffle Forest, or Balloon next?

Rhino Keeper

Beehive, Truffle Forest, or Balloon next?

I spent a lot of time expanding before I hit Level 30 and now I am wondering which special feature should I expand to next? I have PLENTY of Old Maps and Expansion Permits, I just need to accumulate more $$$ and Land Deeds to get the next thing. I'm thinking the Truffle Forest first since I'd like a new side feature to play, but I'll probably get everything I need for the Beehive first. I'm not all that into decorations, so I could easily leave the Balloon for last, but I hear that can get you pets as well. Thoughts?

And if anyone is willing to sell/trade Land Deeds, let me know! I could easily trade some Old Maps and/or Expansion Permits!

Rhino Keeper
    Never had a pet from the balloon! For me it's a way to get rid of cocoa beans it asks for simple items like apples, milk, potatoes etc. so not hard to fill but the tickets only buy me decorations so far.
    The truffle forest is the most useful, many things to do with truffles and good money when you sell. Beehive also useful, honey and wax easy to sell until you get the jam maker.

Executive Chef
    I'd suggest the Beehive first. While it is true that the Truffle Forest might earn you more (truffles alone sell well, and then there are the recipes that also sell high), you cannot move it anywhere. Also, it takes a lot of time for the truffle hog(s) to "recharge"...plus you'll need to craft or buy Truffle Hog feed.

On the other hand, the Beehive can be moved, which gives you more space to work with, it only takes 3 hours for it to replenish itself with honey and beeswax, and as Annica5 says, they sell well until you get the jam maker and the candle maker. Also, I think (but do not recall precisely) that you may need to repair the Truffle Forest and the Balloon before you can use them (again, I do not remember). The Beehive, on the other hand, requires nothing more than to unlock that expansion space.

Rhino Keeper
    I think the beehive is good. You can use the honey once you get to the jelly maker and the honeycombs for the candlemaker. Both those items also sell well. The truffle forest earns you a lot of coins, but you have to repair it with lots of tools (I don't think you have to repair the beehive but I'm not 100%). You can also only hunt every 12 hours and the items take forever to make. I've used the balloon maybe twice, so I'd save that for last!

Rhino Keeper
    I could really use whichever gets me more $$$ since I'm a little behind on buying buildings (still don't have the juice maker!). I missed the building sale because of my level at the time and wasn't far from getting the juice maker when the new event showed up. I got Bambi though!

Does anyone know what it takes to fix the forest? I have a bunch of tools, but I don't know if they're the right kind for what the forest will require.

I think the Balloon will be the last thing I try to get. So it's really between the Beehive and the Truffle Forest.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by syncler78 View Post
    I could really use whichever gets me more $$$ since I'm a little behind on buying buildings (still don't have the juice maker!). I missed the building sale because of my level at the time and wasn't far from getting the juice maker when the new event showed up. I got Bambi though!

Does anyone know what it takes to fix the forest? I have a bunch of tools, but I don't know if they're the right kind for what the forest will require.

I think the Balloon will be the last thing I try to get. So it's really between the Beehive and the Truffle Forest.
    When i expanded to truffle forest (which was a while ago now) it was 16 hammers, 16 bricks and 16 planks to repair. I am assuming this hasn't changed

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by pundoggity View Post
    When i expanded to truffle forest (which was a while ago now) it was 16 hammers, 16 bricks and 16 planks to repair. I am assuming this hasn't changed
    Thanks! I've almost got enough hammers and bricks. Need to get more planks. I think I will get the Beehive first since I'm only 10,000 coins away from that, but then I'll need to stock up again on the Land Deeds for the Truffle Forest. Thanks for all the suggestions!

For my game, I don't think I will ever bother unlocking the beehive, or wishing well. They unlock a whole bunch of additional items, which means that I will come across expansion/upgrade parts & rare items less frequently on the market, and that I will end up getting hard item requests on the train and plane deliveries! Unlocking these features actually makes the other parts of the game harder!

Rhino Keeper
    I disagree. My train and plane deliveries have a lot of ice cream and pear products because I am high enough level. I only have 1 pear tree and no ice creamery. My previous experience suggests that the frequency of ice cream deliveries will decrease once I actually have the building.

No comment on the wishing well.

Rhino Keeper
    Well, I accumulated enough coins to buy the Beehive. Now I'm waiting to get my first collection from it, but it's going to be a long time before I can afford the candlemaker to do anything useful with it. I'm now saving up coins again and Land Deeds to get the Truffle Forest.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast