Fashion Designer

The Truffle Shuffle Goal 5-19-15

New quest!
    Reward: Pigmy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pigmy1.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	20366Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pigmy2.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	20367Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pigmy3.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	20368Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pigmy4.png 
Views:	50 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	20369

Super Rare: Earth/Fire
    Incubation Time: 17 Hours

Goal Duration: 7 Days (05/19/15 - 05/26/15)

Part 1
    - Start Breeding Any 2 Animals
    *NOTE: best to breed earth+nature to try and get the animal required for step 2...
    (Skip: 10 Name:  treasure2.jpg
Views: 781
Size:  1.3 KB)

Part 2
    - Hatch a Hedgehog
    (Hedgehog is an earth/nature combo with a breeding time of 14 hours)
    NOTE: This step is completed when the Hedgehog egg is placed on the nest, not when you 'Hatch' it
    (Skip: 25 Name:  treasure2.jpg

Part 3
    - Feed Hedgehogs 55 times
    (Skip: 600 Name:  treasure2.jpg
    *the cost to skip this step decreases based on how much you actually feed a Hedgehog. Each feeding reduces the number of gems required by about 10.9 gems*

Part 4
    - Collect Truffles (200 total)
    (Truffles may drop from harvesting crops!)
    (Skip: 200 Name:  treasure2.jpg
    *the cost to skip this step will most likely decrease based on how many truffles you have collected already*

NOTES:
    - As mentioned, it's best to breed earth/nature for step 1 in order to have a better shot at breeding a Hedgehog for step 2. The possible results for breeding earth/nature are:
    Plantlers (Common) 9 hours
    Bamboon (Rare) 10 hours
    Hedgehog (Rare)14 hours
    Grassquatch (Super Rare) 14 hours

- Feeding a Hedgehog 55 times will bring it up 11 levels. If you already have a Hedgehog in your forest that can be brought up 11 levels you can choose to skip step 2 at the cost of 25 gems (this is YOUR OWN choice!) and go straight to feeding the one you already have. If you decide to do this just make sure to skip step 2 BEFORE feeding it though! If you already have a high-level Hedgehog that you've already fed, IT DOES NOT COUNT. It MUST be a low level Hedgehog that you can feed 55 times.

- Please be careful not to confuse a 'Harvest Hedgehog' with the regular 'Hedgehog' that is required for this goal. Feeding a Harvest Hedgehog will not count toward finishing part 3.

- Collecting Truffles for the final step of the quest will most likely come from planting crops on your farms. A crop that takes 1 hour to grow will yield 1 truffle. So a 5 hour crop will yield 5 truffles, a 20 hour crop will yield 20 truffles, etc. If you think you're close to finishing part 3 you might want to plant some 20 crops in advance and DON'T harvest them until you have finished part 3.

OPTIONAL TIPS:
    Do you just want to BUY this animal with gems and not have to worry about trying your luck at breeding a Hedgehog? Here are some tips to (hopefully) save you some gems in the process:
    - The Pigmy is NOT available in the market to buy outright.
    - If you skipped all 4 steps with gems it would cost you 835 gems
    - You can get it cheaper if you don't mind doing at least a few of the goal steps:

1. Breed any 2 animals (saves you 10 gems)
    2. BUY a Hedgehog from the marketplace and hatch it (saves you 25 gems, but costs you 450 gems, making this step essentially cost you 425 gems)
    3. Feed it 55 times, you will need to evolve it a couple times as well (saves you 600 gems)
    4. Collect 200 Truffles (saves you 200 gems)
    Final cost = 425 gems

That being said, this is an OPTIONAL quest that you don't have to finish if you don't want to. Only do it if you really want the animal that is the reward (Pigmy).

Good Luck!!

EDIT: Here are some additional (very helpful) calculations provided by ninasidstorm8:

Quote Originally Posted by ninasidstorm8 View Post
    I am having trouble breeding a hedgehog and there is not a lot of time for this task so I put together some calculations to determine where the point is that I would need to spend gems to finish it. I am working with these basic facts.

1) The Hedgehog spends 14 hours in the Breeding Den and nest.
    2) It takes 9 hours to evolve the Hedgehog.
    3) You collect 1 truffle for each hour a crop spends growing on a farm.
    4) You can collect truffles from a crop that has finished growing before the step 4 as long as you collect them after you reach the step 4.
    5) You need to feed a Hedgehog 55 times to complete part 3 of the goal and you need 200 truffles to complete part 4 of the goal.

Let's start with Part 4 of the goal. If I assume that when I reach part 4 I have 6 farms ready with 20 hour crops to get a head start then I only need 200 - (20 * 6 farms = 120) = 80 truffles to complete the step. With 6 farms I can plant three 5 hour crops in each farm to get the (3* 5* 6) 80 truffles I need. So Step 4 will need to take a minimum of (3 five hour crops) 15 hours, if I don't spend any gems.

Let's move to Step 3 of the goal. You can feed an animal 5 times to move up 1 level. Assuming you use the Hedgehog you breed as the one being fed, that means that you need to move the animal up 11 levels or up to level 12 To do this you will need to evolve the animal twice, once from level 3 to 4 and again from level 9 to 10. Since it takes 9 hours to evolve a Hedgehog assuming no time for the actual feeding (it will actually take a minute or two), this step needs a minimum of 18 hours.

Let's move to Step 2 of the goal, to breed a Hedgehog. It takes 14 hours to breed the Hedgehog and another 14 hours to hatch it. So this part takes a minimum of 28 hours.

Now Step 3 and Step 4 can be done simultaneously, since you can harvest crops while the animal is evolving. The 18 hours for Step 3 is more than the 15 hours for Step 4, so we will use 18 hours to complete these two steps. Step 2 must be completed before steps 3 and 4 can start, so the minimum time to complete this goal is 28 + 18 or 46 hours. That means you have to have a 14 hour timer in the breeding den 46 hours before the goal ends to have a chance to finish the goal without using any gems. It also means that you have to time everything perfectly.

For me this calculation changes a bit since I already have a Hedgehog at level 10. To shorten the time, I can feed this Hedgehog 10 times to get it to level 12. This means I only need to feed the new Hedgehog 45 times to raise it from level 1 to level 9 just before the evolve to level 10. This will save me 9 hours of evolve time in step 3, so now the 15 hours in step 4 controls the time to complete steps 3 & 4 and I saved 3 hours. So I need to have 28 + 15 or 43 hours to complete the goal.

This assumes perfect timing for feeding and harvesting. When a goal Is given in days, it is always difficult to determine exactly when the end of the goal will be. Many if not most goals end 1/2 hour before an update, so I assume that this one will end 1/2 hour before the next update (Tuesday May 26 in the U.S.). Using the 46 hour figure, You would need to have the Hedgehog in the Breeding Den within the next 43 hours to finish the goal without using any gems.

I hope I explained this well enough that you can adapt this information to your own particular situation. My latest Plantlers is set to hatch in 4 1/2 hours with another one in the breeding den behind it. So I will have between 3 and 4 more tries at the Hedgehog without speeding before I hit the time limit.

Good Luck to everyone.
    Last edited by chippychan; 05-23-15 at 07:47 AM.
    Currently playing Fantasy Forest Story, Dragon Story and Bakery Story 2. Feel free to add me if you need neighbors to trade with.

Account ID #1: chippychan (FFS name: Ethereal Refuge)
    Account ID #2: LadyRyujin (FFS name: Ethereal Meadow)

Executive Chef
    Luckily, I just got a free den.. Now let's see how hard it will be to get a rare hedgehog...
    | FFS ~ Level 101 || RS2 ~ Level 44 || BS2 ~ Level 26 |

Fashion Designer
    Got it first go 14hrs earth nature

Rhino Keeper
    Me too!

Fashion Designer
    Looks like they upped the gem cost to skip step 3 and lowered it to skip step 4 (in comparison to the Kitsune and Caboodle quest).

Congrats to the lucky ones who got the Hedgehog already!
    Currently playing Fantasy Forest Story, Dragon Story and Bakery Story 2. Feel free to add me if you need neighbors to trade with.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by A2TUDE View Post
    I hope you got it but I believe that the Grassquatch also has a 14 hour breed time.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by A2TUDE View Post
    14hrs is Hedgehog and Grassquatch.. Let's see if Grassquatch will be the Glacial Griffin when I was trying to get the Plutopus

Executive Chef
    The feedback from players for the Kitsune and Caboodle quest was awful.... so naturally, they did it again pretty quickly, and this time the fails are much longer than the fire-nature fails.

Be warned... the odds on a "rare" hedgehog have now dropped down to more like super rare or ultra rare odds, and the "super rare" grassquatch which has the same breeding time now has the odds of a rare.

I'm really tempted to not bother starting this at all.

Fashion Designer
    Did anyone catch the time limit on this one so I can update the first post?
    I forget what the pop-up said.

I should have waited--I just started a new 13-hour breed just one hour before the update. The little voice in my head was telling me to wait, but I didn't listen!

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast