Super Rare: Earth/Fire
Incubation Time: 17 Hours
Goal Duration: 7 Days (05/19/15 - 05/26/15)
- Start Breeding Any 2 Animals
*NOTE: best to breed earth+nature to try and get the animal required for step 2...
(Skip: 10 )
- Hatch a Hedgehog
(Hedgehog is an earth/nature combo with a breeding time of 14 hours)
NOTE: This step is completed when the Hedgehog egg is placed on the nest, not when you 'Hatch' it
(Skip: 25 )
- Feed Hedgehogs 55 times
(Skip: 600 )
*the cost to skip this step decreases based on how much you actually feed a Hedgehog. Each feeding reduces the number of gems required by about 10.9 gems*
- Collect Truffles (200 total)
(Truffles may drop from harvesting crops!)
(Skip: 200 )
*the cost to skip this step will most likely decrease based on how many truffles you have collected already*
- As mentioned, it's best to breed earth/nature for step 1 in order to have a better shot at breeding a Hedgehog for step 2. The possible results for breeding earth/nature are:
Plantlers (Common) 9 hours
Bamboon (Rare) 10 hours
Hedgehog (Rare)14 hours
Grassquatch (Super Rare) 14 hours
- Feeding a Hedgehog 55 times will bring it up 11 levels. If you already have a Hedgehog in your forest that can be brought up 11 levels you can choose to skip step 2 at the cost of 25 gems (this is YOUR OWN choice!) and go straight to feeding the one you already have. If you decide to do this just make sure to skip step 2 BEFORE feeding it though! If you already have a high-level Hedgehog that you've already fed, IT DOES NOT COUNT. It MUST be a low level Hedgehog that you can feed 55 times.
- Please be careful not to confuse a 'Harvest Hedgehog' with the regular 'Hedgehog' that is required for this goal. Feeding a Harvest Hedgehog will not count toward finishing part 3.
- Collecting Truffles for the final step of the quest will most likely come from planting crops on your farms. A crop that takes 1 hour to grow will yield 1 truffle. So a 5 hour crop will yield 5 truffles, a 20 hour crop will yield 20 truffles, etc. If you think you're close to finishing part 3 you might want to plant some 20 crops in advance and DON'T harvest them until you have finished part 3.
Do you just want to BUY this animal with gems and not have to worry about trying your luck at breeding a Hedgehog? Here are some tips to (hopefully) save you some gems in the process:
- The Pigmy is NOT available in the market to buy outright.
- If you skipped all 4 steps with gems it would cost you 835 gems
- You can get it cheaper if you don't mind doing at least a few of the goal steps:
1. Breed any 2 animals (saves you 10 gems)
2. BUY a Hedgehog from the marketplace and hatch it (saves you 25 gems, but costs you 450 gems, making this step essentially cost you 425 gems)
3. Feed it 55 times, you will need to evolve it a couple times as well (saves you 600 gems)
4. Collect 200 Truffles (saves you 200 gems)
Final cost = 425 gems
That being said, this is an OPTIONAL quest that you don't have to finish if you don't want to. Only do it if you really want the animal that is the reward (Pigmy).
EDIT: Here are some additional (very helpful) calculations provided by ninasidstorm8: