Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Treasure Dragons - Are they worth it?

Fashion Designer

Question Treasure Dragons - Are they worth it?

I've been thinking about saving up and buying a treasure type dragon. The thing is, I can't spend real money on the game, so, considering that I have 3 neighbours that give me gold regularly and that I download Storm8 apps when I get prompts, it would take me about a year to save the 1600 gold necessary to buy one of the cheapest treasure dragons.

So, do you guys think it's worth the effort? Or should I just spend my gold on special habitats or other dragons?

Executive Chef
    It's only worth buying them for the regular price if you know for sure that you're gonna play the next year on a daily basis. Otherwise: wait till they're on sale. I bought 3 Gold-giving dragons on sale, and never regreted it.

But, I wouldn't spent a dime (let alone gold) on special habitats. I don't know if you win all tournaments, but if you don't I'd say, use your gold on winning tournaments. Much better value for the buck.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyn25 View Post
    I've been thinking about saving up and buying a treasure type dragon. The thing is, I can't spend real money on the game, so, considering that I have 3 neighbours that give me gold regularly and that I download Storm8 apps when I get prompts, it would take me about a year to save the 1600 gold necessary to buy one of the cheapest treasure dragons.

So, do you guys think it's worth the effort? Or should I just spend my gold on special habitats or other dragons?
    If you think you will be a long time player, then yes, save up for a gold type dragon. They have them on sale once or twice a year for a significant savings, usually when introducing a new gold dragon. That is what I would recommend. he other thing to know is that you have to pay attention to when you collect. I find the flag to indicate when they are ready to collect is rounded to favor under delivery of gold to you. I think the flag pops up mid way between amounts. So for me with 2 epic golds in one habitat I should get 10 gold per day. When the flag pops up the gold amount is somewhere between 3 and 4. If I collect when it has accrued 3.99 gold, I get 3 not 4 AND the habitat is emptied, meaning reset to zero. If I want to collect 5 gold twice a day, I need to pay close attention to when I last collected and I need to resist the automatic urge to click the flag until it is ready and that can be 2-3 hours. It was harder when I had just one as the flag there tempting me for longer. So, do you try to collect when there are 2 gold and then later when there are 3 gold? The timing is more awkward.

Short story: yes if on sale, but be prepared to really pay attention.

Fashion Designer
    Thanks for the advice! I didn't know treasure dragons were ever on sale.
    I think I'll start saving and hopefully I'll have enough gold to buy one when they have them on sale.

Banned
    Usually I would say never pay full price for anything on here you can always find Gold giving dragons on sale for about 600 once or twice a year. Just start saving your gold it is possible. However, since I have been playing over two years I may now not even spend gold from these gold producing dragons on new ones because it is unclear if the game will continue for much longer. The programmers / developers seem to be stuck on how to grow the game and there has not been a habitat increase since 12/1/14 and many long term players are in need of an increase here let alone we are in need of more expansion space. TL must realize long term players will not put money into a game that seems like it is dying and TL support is horrible. I feel that DS is trying to get new players sucked in and they are catering to them because they know more money may come from them then long term players now. It really is sad that they have this hoopa about being around for 3 years but are doing very little to improve the game itself.

Rhino Keeper
    Where are these treasure dragons in the market that you are talking about? What is their symbol? I have seen in the battle arena a dragon with gold symbol, but don't see such in the market. Or because I am level 34 I can't see them?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ma1eficent View Post
    Where are these treasure dragons in the market that you are talking about? What is their symbol? I have seen in the battle arena a dragon with gold symbol, but don't see such in the market. Or because I am level 34 I can't see them?
    The dragons with the gold symbol are Treasure type dragons. I see them in the last tab of the dragons part of the market (the one that has a 5 pointed star). I wouldn't know if they're available at your level though, since I'm level 100.

Rhino Keeper
    I think you have to be level 40 for gold type dragons. Also, the habitat is VERY expensive - $8 million coins. Don't hatch the egg until you have enough money to build the habitat. I didn't pay attention to the cost and my egg sat on the nest for 2 weeks until I could save the money. It was difficult not spending money on crops, arena or anything else in order for me to save the money. It was then that I noticed the benefit of neighbors that visit and give habitats the coin boost.

I have 2 gold giving dragons now (both bought on sale) and have not regretted the purchases.

I have also only spent gold on new habitats that went on sale for 100 gold - 500 gold to me isn't worth the cost.

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you both for the answer! It seems they aren't available to me yet, but now I know where to look for them.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by freshfunin2008 View Post
    Usually I would say never pay full price for anything on here you can always find Gold giving dragons on sale for about 600 once or twice a year. Just start saving your gold it is possible. However, since I have been playing over two years I may now not even spend gold from these gold producing dragons on new ones because it is unclear if the game will continue for much longer. The programmers / developers seem to be stuck on how to grow the game and there has not been a habitat increase since 12/1/14 and many long term players are in need of an increase here let alone we are in need of more expansion space. TL must realize long term players will not put money into a game that seems like it is dying and TL support is horrible. I feel that DS is trying to get new players sucked in and they are catering to them because they know more money may come from them then long term players now. It really is sad that they have this hoopa about being around for 3 years but are doing very little to improve the game itself.
    I've been playing for about a year and a half now and I haven't reached max habitats yet, I play on Android so it's only recently that I've had access to other dragons and I feel like I'll be playing a lot longer. It must be really frustrating to have no space for the new dragons that get released. I feel that S8's priority up to now was making iOS content available for Android, but now that it's pretty much done, hopefully they will increase the habitat limit so that everybody can keep the new dragons they're releasing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast