Thread: What are benefits of upgrading resource buildings?

Rhino Keeper

What are benefits of upgrading resource buildings?

The reduction in waiting time is very small and does not seem worth the expense. Especially for people like me, who do not collect resources the moment they appear. So are there other benefits? Does level 3 Sparkling Mine produce more/rarer resources than level 1 Mine?

Nightclub Owner
    Some quest require higher level buildings (generally level 5). Drops are the same regardless of the level, only more efficient timer.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

1.You get to collect from them more often (More exp. if you're trying to level up)
    2. It gives you something to do if you're bored. (I leveled mine up when I didn't have any quests to do)
    3. Some of the quests require leveled up buildings (off the top of my head: deep mine, stables, tavern, conservatory, theater, library, and cottage are all buildings that needed to be a high level to complete a quest.)

Executive Chef
    In addition to being part of a goal, deep mines especially benefit from the time reduction. They go from 10 hour interval to an 8 hour interval at level 5.

Quote Originally Posted by trailbean View Post
    The reduction in waiting time is very small and does not seem worth the expense. Especially for people like me, who do not collect resources the moment they appear. So are there other benefits? Does level 3 Sparkling Mine produce more/rarer resources than level 1 Mine?

8 Hour intervals, are only useful, when you play right before you fall asleep, and immediately after you wake up. At least for me, with my 8 hour sleep cycle. And I hardly feel like playing right when I wake up.

I thought the reduction of the other buildings, would be reduces to something like 2 to 3 hours, at least I thought I read something like that. But it is only reduced 3 h and 12m. Hardly worth the effort indeed.

Executive Chef
    Main reason for upgrading them is that there are multiple quests that require you to visit buildings at a certain level. Look at your future story lines in the Hub and make notes. You don't want to be waiting to acquire resources to upgrade a building that could have been done before hand. The big ****er was a Level 5 Deep Mine. It takes a lot of resources to get it there and is a requirement for one of your main story lines.