Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bugged Counter!

Rhino Keeper
    You're very welcome
    What I do is after I take the counters out again, I fry some eggs and set them on the counter, leave the game or visit a neighbour and if the eggs are still there all is good with the world.. if not, I've only lost 1 coin instead of thousands like some dishes cost!

Quote Originally Posted by sashahoney View Post
    Did you try the storing/readding tip before adding new food to a bugged counter? I no longer add cruise food to the counter... I learnt that lesson the hard way! I leave it in the appliance until I can deliver it straight to the ship. There always seems to be massive amounts of bugs during these events. Probably because a lot more people participate in them.... Maybe it's too much for the games servers to handle?
    You have two great tips in here while we all cruise these buggy waters; thank you! While I did know about the storing/re-adding tip from before (which I did in game before I posted earlier in this thread), I did not even consider delivering straight to the ship first. I'm going to do that from now on. I hope it will work for me as it did for you! Thank you again.

EDIT: Well, I just returned from my game, and realized all three of my completed orders were the first batches so I couldn't deliver. All three dishes never appeared on the counter, including my lobster sandwich. I guess with the upcoming second batches I will be able to utilize your tip.

EDIT: I'm still having the same problems I've mentioned, despite several rounds of storing/re-adding all my counters and making sure the servers have full access. Also, I've never blocked my door. I hope this bug is resolved soon. I've lost so much since this event began.
    Last edited by Draxana; 05-15-15 at 05:30 PM.

Farm Supplier
    I feel your pain but to be fair to the game as was pointed out to us, it was not designed to be played that way, so I guess we do so at our own risk. I'm just delivering food directly to the ship and will stop playing the "risky" way once the event is done. Hopefully S8 might give us a sell or store feature in the near future as they do seem to be listening to some of our suggestions lately... They finally gave us the "Block" option that we pestered them for

Sashahoney, thanks for the reply. I am a fairly new player and seldom read the forum and rarely comment. This is the first time I've experienced a game "bug." I had no idea that temporarily blocking sales was considered a "risky" way to play. I've seen neighbors do it when no events are going on, so assumed it posed no problems. I didn't even know that others had the same missing food problem as I, until I found this thread.

For me, the problem only occurs on 1 particular counter, so I thought something was wrong with it. For all I know, it might always lose food and I just didn't notice it before. I'll have to test it sometime, I guess. Anyway, it's good to hear that TL is listening to suggestions. Can you please tell me what the "Block" option is?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by linmii View Post
    Sashahoney, thanks for the reply. I am a fairly new player and seldom read the forum and rarely comment. This is the first time I've experienced a game "bug." I had no idea that temporarily blocking sales was considered a "risky" way to play. I've seen neighbors do it when no events are going on, so assumed it posed no problems. I didn't even know that others had the same missing food problem as I, until I found this thread.

For me, the problem only occurs on 1 particular counter, so I thought something was wrong with it. For all I know, it might always lose food and I just didn't notice it before. I'll have to test it sometime, I guess. Anyway, it's good to hear that TL is listening to suggestions. Can you please tell me what the "Block" option is?
    The block option is for when you want to ignore a player. Right next to their comment on your wall is a block or delete option that people have been asking for. But I have to say, in all of the time that I've been playing this game, there has only been 1 person that I would have considered blocking who was going around leaving nasty comments of people's wall. Apart from that one person I find the R2 players to be really lovely people
    I didn't know myself that blocking the doors was considered risky until the admin mentioned it, which is fair enough, but it doesn't really explain the bugged counters as it's still happening to people who are not even blocking their doors. Also, it only started happening during this event, I never had bugged counters before this and I often block my door when there are no events on so I can stockpile a lot of food for when I don't have time to play. Storing then re-adding counters seems to work for the most part, but it's very random which counter will get bugged so I guess that's where the risk is. I only have 1 day left to complete this event so I'll just keep my food in the appliance and deliver it directly to the ships. I'm not chancing anything!

Executive Chef
    Ok this is happening to me also. I just put two eggs benedict orders out visited a neighbor and they were gone when I returned.

Edit: the same counter has now stolen my meat lover pizza and lobster thermidor!! And I'm not recieving the coins.
    Last edited by cquinn32; 05-15-15 at 09:14 PM.
    Main id: squinn1981

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by cquinn32 View Post
    Ok this is happening to me also. I just put two eggs benedict orders out visited a neighbor and they were gone when I returned.

Edit: the same counter has now stolen my meat lover pizza and lobster thermidor!! And I'm not recieving the coins.
    Yup, you have to store/re-add bugged counter to stop this. If this still happened when you wasn't blocking your door you should email S8 maybe they can help you?

Executive Chef
    Yup, you have to store/re-add bugged counter to stop this. If this still happened when you wasn't blocking your door you should email S8 maybe they can help you?
    Ok I will try that thanks!! More food missing from the same counter today and I have never blocked my door or kept my customers from receiving food!! This is really making me mad. I was going to buy the value pack they are offering with the hammers and shovels but after reading what people are saying about that (not being added to their tools) I'm losing interest in this game.
    Main id: squinn1981

Fashion Designer
    Read through and just want to say that I am experiencing trouble with disappearing items, too.
    I have at times blocked my door, customers have access to host, but can't get to tables/chairs, but I have definitely had stuff go missing when my door was NOT blocked! Will keep an eye on which counter does it and try storing & re-adding it, but I seriously hope TL looks into and fixes this issue, It's a big deal and will definitely affect people's enjoyment of this game.

Rhino Keeper
    I think I
    Just figured out that it only happens when you go to a neighbor. I have been watching it for several hours. I refrained from going to a neighbor. But I wanted to look at something so I went for a visit. It was gone. So during events don't visit. Maybe this will work. It cost me though. French dip sand which. In final stretch. 267 to go day 6. Yesterday I lost two cooking of creme bruelet. And two strawberry shortcake. And split green pea soup. It took me losing all that to figure out. Don't go visiting. Lol

I just put fried eggs out. Tried this twice. Put it on the phantom counter. And went to visit neighbors. Came back both times eggs were gone. I'll just lee putting eggs on that one. And see if it is a true solution. Seems to be though. Yay!! Wish I figured it out yesyerday though. Trying to
    Figure out day 6 dishes.
    Last edited by txangel1109; 05-17-15 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by txangel1109 View Post
    I think I
    Just figured out that it only happens when you go to a neighbor. I have been watching it for several hours. I refrained from going to a neighbor. But I wanted to look at something so I went for a visit. It was gone. So during events don't visit. Maybe this will work. It cost me though. French dip sand which. In final stretch. 267 to go day 6. Yesterday I lost two cooking of creme bruelet. And two strawberry shortcake. And split green pea soup. It took me losing all that to figure out. Don't go visiting. Lol

I just put fried eggs out. Tried this twice. Put it on the phantom counter. And went to visit neighbors. Came back both times eggs were gone. I'll just lee putting eggs on that one. And see if it is a true solution. Seems to be though. Yay!! Wish I figured it out yesyerday though. Trying to
    Figure out day 6 dishes.
    I'm glad that fix worked for you, and hope you can finish on time!

As for my food disappearing, I deliberately avoided visiting neighbors during the whole event in an unsuccessful attempt to get things working again. For me, my food often disappeared even as I watched, or it wouldn't appear on the counters at all. If I left the game and came right back, what food there was usually disappeared. The event is over for me now, and I have stopped making food altogether. I've written Storm 8 in an email and await a response back.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast