Thread: Dodging the (Financial) Bullet

Rhino Keeper

Dodging the (Financial) Bullet

For those of us who have been playing this game for a while expanding is a pivotal decision that can really impact your game. It used to be that I would purchase each new "type" of habitat that came out. I have the Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day habitats. I finanally am able to expand and my first thought was to purchase the new Cosmic habitat. I am so happy I resisted the urge to purchase this habitat as I have only managed to breed only the Plutopus and would have been sitting on a habitat with only one inhabitant. Even my husband who usually has the magic touch with creature breeding cannot breed the elusive kitty. I decided to purchase the water habitat instead and am happy that I did.

Fashion Designer
    I appreciate your sentiments. I contemplated a similar tactic. I did buy the space habitat after all, before I had anything to put in it for these reasons:

1. It costs only coins which I can easily generate.
    2. Because of item #1 I can sell it without regret should I not get any element to fill it with.
    3. It has a 25,000 coin capacity. The water and earth habitats hold 5,000 and 7,500 respectively. This could be the #1 reason to buy!
    4. It is different. Kind of. I need different.
    5. I have an irrational belief that having the habitat will cause the animals to appear.
    6. It could end up being limited...tho the valentine one is still there for anyone who wants it. (I almost bought a second one of those even though I think it's ugly just because of coin capacity. I did have two doves and two kittens but sold one dove and ...... blah blah blah, yadda yadda)

I too am plodding along trying to gather 70 runes to expand. So tedious. I try to remind myself to enjoy the process and be less concerned with product. Also: I am the person who had a unicorn habitat taking up space in my forest for 8 months before any unicorn discovered it. I bought it as soon as I had enough coins and room. Not to mention that I bought the grand gem habitat for 100 gems once it was on sale. That was sitting empty for 4-5 months.....I needed room and sold the original gem habitat at one point since I had two empty habitats.

Whenever I need space for anything such as a new critter or my desire to rearrange I will either sell off multiples and delete a nature or earth or water habitat (depending on what multiples and animals I got rid of and moved around) or I will sell the evolution flower or a farm. All of these items can be repurchased.
    The evo flower is the easiest to sell and replace as you don't have to move animals to empty it. It regenerates pretty quick. Next is the nature preserve. A new nature preserve is cheap and takes no time to build. Once built you put two animals in and then upgrade. The animals can generate coins while you wait to place your thirs animal.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by saucysammis View Post
    5. I have an irrational belief that having the habitat will cause the animals to appear.
    Haha, I think the exact opposite! I always imagine the game will think that I'm expecting to get a particular animal by buying the habitat beforehand, so it won't let me get it! I've never tried buying a habitat before the animal though, I guess I should try it..

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by LonePudding View Post
    Haha, I think the exact opposite! I always imagine the game will think that I'm expecting to get a particular animal by buying the habitat beforehand, so it won't let me get it! I've never tried buying a habitat before the animal though, I guess I should try it..
    Funny thing is... I was going to wait until I got caturn to buy the habitat but I liked the colors of it so much that I bought it early. It's probably just a coincidence but after I bought it I bred all animals easily. This was the same for both of my accounts. In fact I got caturn on my 1st try on both accounts. It was a crazy coincidence!

However, during the valentine event I DID wait on the habitat to see if I'd breed matripony (I don't much like the design of it to be honest). I managed to get all 3 on one account but only got the kitten on the other.

... this game has made me more superstitious and has me questioning odds and luck WAY more these days.
    Currently playing Fantasy Forest Story, Dragon Story and Bakery Story 2. Feel free to add me if you need neighbors to trade with.

Account ID #1: chippychan (FFS name: Ethereal Refuge)
    Account ID #2: LadyRyujin (FFS name: Ethereal Meadow)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by chippychan View Post
    Funny thing is... I was going to wait until I got caturn to buy the habitat but I liked the colors of it so much that I bought it early. It's probably just a coincidence but after I bought it I bred all animals easily. This was the same for both of my accounts. In fact I got caturn on my 1st try on both accounts. It was a crazy coincidence!

However, during the valentine event I DID wait on the habitat to see if I'd breed matripony (I don't much like the design of it to be honest). I managed to get all 3 on one account but only got the kitten on the other.

... this game has made me more superstitious and has me questioning odds and luck WAY more these days.
    I bought the habitat when I caved and bought a Lemurcury. However, I STILL have not bred a Plutopus which means I can't even TRY to breed a Caturn. So it was the opposite for me - if anything it jinxed me. That or my odds have been set to zero and even if buying the habitat gives you like +10% odds of getting space animals or something, 0+10%=0.

Rhino Keeper
    I decided not to get the habitat and only managed to breed a zillion Plutopuses. My hubby bought the habitat straightaway and did breed the Lemurcury soon after. He bred so many Plutos and Lemurs it made me crazy! We take turns managing each other's iPads so there was breeding almost 24/7 and he did not get the Caturn. The breeding of Holiday creatures has become ridiculous, it is like TL/S8 is saying, "Happy Christmas here's your ball of frustrations! We have tons more where this came from so we can guarantee every holiday will have some disappointment, it's what we do!" I am thinking of attempting to wean myself off TL/S8 games. I have started reading new game review and realise if I put 1% of the money I spend on all of my "Story" games I can get some really good games. I spend ALOT on these games and TL/S8 could not care less. After you spend about $25.00 USD on a freemium game you have crossed into the pure profit margin and there is no reason for the developers to improve the game. With the big freemium game companies the games pay for themselves after 6-8 weeks from the launch date. So you leave the games, big deal, there are legions of other players willing to spring open their wallet! Seriously when was the last time you felt that the TL/S8 team cared about making you happy?