Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: ANDROID PLAYERS | LATEST VERSION -Restaurant Story

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by MizCricket View Post
    I don't remember Android ever not getting goals when iOS did, but that could have been before my time! I do remember lots of discussions about parity in other games like DS and Fashion (where Android has never been given the makeup counter), but I honestly don't remember that problem in BS or RS. Maybe someone else can shed light on that!
    The new versions also have nothing to do with programming for Android vs. iOS. There has been quite a bit of discussion as to why they do it on Android and not iOS, but it gets shut down pretty quickly by the mods so i won't get into that. IOS used get new versions too, back in the day. I believe the last one was an Olympic themed version.
    I can't find the thread where DWF said it, but his quote is reproduced on this 2012 thread at a time when android didn't have goals yet: https://forum.storm8.com/showthread.p...ndroid+devices

The "official reason" :
    Originally Posted by DaojinWildfire
    There are also hundreds of different Android devices, while there are only a few iOS devices. It's difficult to make a game compatible for all Android devices when each one has different specifications and new ones are coming out every other week.
    Also on the first post in the android parity thread, also before goals were available for android:
    Developing for Android is more difficult due to the multiple operating systems and variety of devices. We're working to resolve the parity, but it takes more time due to the development process. We want to make sure we introduce features that include as many devices as possible.
    Last edited by bobbyrae; 05-07-15 at 03:03 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    I can't find the thread where DWF said it, but his quote is reproduced on this 2012 thread at a time when android didn't have goals yet: https://forum.storm8.com/showthread.p...ndroid+devices
    Yikes! 3-6 months! Those were the dark days indeed! LOL I started playing BS and RS in the spring of 2012 when I got my tablet. I had been playing Farm and Fashion since late summer of 2011 on my phone. You got me curious so I went looking to see when we got goals in BS & RS. Looks like it was the end of August 2012 so a few months after I started.

The constant new versions for Android still don't have anything to do with programming for Android vs. iOS. Apple devices had new version releases before Android did, but then they stopped for iOS and continued for Android. It stopped making sense to continue making new versions for iOS after Apple cracked down on incentivized app downloads in the app store. I remember a couple of people posting articles about it at the time.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    The "update goal" being spoken about in this thread is this gem goal. It is not a weekly goal at all. It is not even a regular monthly thing either. It appears when it appears and may not appear for all players either. New game versions are created whenever, as seems to be the case with this latest Restaurant Story version. Sometimes a gem goal will also be released, sometimes not.
    THANK YOU for clearing that up. Everyone else on here keeps speaking about the new versions on Android as if it's a given each week and that we'll get the goal/gems for installing it. They also seem to interchange the usage of "update" and "new version" for the Android users. When everyone is asking where the new update content is on the Android, the answer is usually "wait until Friday for the pop-up/goal for the gems". I think that's where my confusion was - I can't speak for anyone else.

Just got the pop-up for the poet's cafe on bs this morning but nothing for rs tropical bliss...still waiting

Rhino Keeper
    Today we received the pop-up for downloading bs poet's cafe. So rs new version will have to wait till next friday. That is if s8 don't send first the new fashion story version, in which case we'll have to wait 14 days!! ��

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyhinnard View Post
    Just got the pop-up for the poet's cafe on bs this morning but nothing for rs tropical bliss...still waiting
    I have an android device and I found RS: Tropical Bliss in the Google Play store. I also got the pop-up for Bakery Story.

Rhino Keeper
    Please s8/teamlava, can you send for android players the goal with last version tropical bliss next friday??? I need gems!!

Executive Chef
    edited because i posted a sarcastic statement, then decided it wasn't really that funny.
    Last edited by twospoons; 05-13-15 at 04:29 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks S8/TL for sending Tropical Breeze version!! This should be like this from now on, if there are not great delays Android players will be happier!! ��

Just downloaded the tropic bliss version so impatient to get hawaiian stuff but tho i got the gems i didnt need there was absolutely no tropical items is it a glitch? Ami the only one to suffer from this???? I was so eager to redesign my place can a mod give an answer plz???
    If you play with a cat, you should mind his scratch.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast