Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ANDROID PLAYERS | LATEST VERSION -Restaurant Story

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    and that's the other reason we should all wait!

FYI, since i got curious and just checked google play:

Coffee Shop version (January): 1M-5M installs
    Fast Food version (February): 500,000-1M installs
    Bagel Cafe version (March, no goal was ever sent): 10,000-50,000 installs
    Earth Day version (April): 100,000-500,000 installs

weird that there was such variation in the other versions' numbers, but i think we can chalk bagel cafe's exceedingly low installs to the no associated download goal. i wonder how many people don't even know there ever was a new version then.
    I agree with you we ALL SHOULD WAIT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sb1957 View Post
    Goal with new versions always appears on Friday.
    not always. during about one year i got goals on mondays.
    abt year ago it changed to friday, and i remebmer couple of times i got 2 goals per week, tuesday and friday.
    i even remember there was no goals 2 weeks, also couple of times.

i just cannot understand why now... when there are 2 restaurant versions, 1 bakery, 1 fashion that has not been offered yet, and who knows wht else (like bingo, candies, etc...)

and of course i'll wait. just hope it won't be like bakery thanksgiving: when monthly goals were only available via downloading update. i waited 3 weeks to start the goals.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by pieandcream View Post
    i think the idea is to wait before releasing the "download for 6gem goal", so less players get gems for downloading it. they ll also see how many dont care about the extra gems and will use that to analyze for future releases....if they will still be 6gems or less......or none :P
    I've been playing since the beginning of January on my Android phone, and I have NEVER received a pop-up with the "new version" and offering me 6 gems to install it... I have had the other Storm8 games offered as goals for gems, but never a new version of RS. In fact, I would not know that each different version of RS is even linked to the others as an update, if I hadn't found the forum here. I'd still be playing the original version all these months. Same for Bakery Story, which I started playing because it was offered as a goal for gems. I liked it so I kept playing it, but I have NEVER received those updates as goals for gems either...

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by holt987 View Post
    I've been playing since the beginning of January on my Android phone, and I have NEVER received a pop-up with the "new version" and offering me 6 gems to install it... I have had the other Storm8 games offered as goals for gems, but never a new version of RS. In fact, I would not know that each different version of RS is even linked to the others as an update, if I hadn't found the forum here. I'd still be playing the original version all these months. Same for Bakery Story, which I started playing because it was offered as a goal for gems. I liked it so I kept playing it, but I have NEVER received those updates as goals for gems either...
    Me too since 2 years..

Host(ess)

Quote Originally Posted by alicee11 View Post
    Me too since 2 years..
    Well, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one, because I was getting tired of reading about how everyone gets their 6 gems with each update release (with the exception of the Bagel Cafe update which everyone seems to be waiting on).

Two years, huh? I guess I shouldn't hold my breath then with hope of ever getting 6 gems for each update.

Fashion Designer
    I usually get goals to update, used to for every game That a new version came out.... for fashion story, bingo, candy mania... dragon story..etc... less lately, think last one was for the earth day one and one for fashion story. Really without them i wouldn't know to update. I just started reading forums again for help with a different game. So now i know about the update but will still hold out to see if there will be gems lol.

Rhino Keeper
    I didn't get any pop up to download the version again... i never get it, is it a bug?

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by alicee11 View Post
    I didn't get any pop up to download the version again... i never get it, is it a bug?

It's quite possible that it's a bug. Every time I post on here that I never get the pop-ups for the updates, people act like I'm doing something wrong or think I'm crazy.... do they really think I haven't already tried all the "suggestions" they've been posting? I guess it's time to finally give in and contact customer support - as if that'll do any good.

However, according to everyone else who DO get the pop-ups on Android, the new update/pop-up usually doesn't happen until Friday, while the iOS users get the update on Wednesdays (today).

Fashion Designer
    what have S8 said about that? have you tried logging off, deleting, re-starting phone, re-installing, logging back in?

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by pieandcream View Post
    what have S8 said about that? have you tried logging off, deleting, re-starting phone, re-installing, logging back in?
    I've tried all of that, to no avail. I'm a troubleshooter by nature, so until I think I've exhausted every avenue, I keep searching for things to try. I have not contacted support yet, but I think I'm about to do that. I'm not going to hold my breath for an answer, though, or anything to come of it. I'm thinking I'm just stuck with unfortunate luck. Lol.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast