Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do people with the most counters always want food as gifts?

Nightclub Owner
    I only cook to master a recipe and once done, I don't cook it again UNLESS it is one of the following dishes due to their higher rate of $ per plate. I don't stockpile and honestly can't stand having a lot of counters, like I have right now, due to the amount of recipes I've had to master over the past few weeks. I can't wait for them to dwindle down to just a few counters again.

Roast Chicken - $8
    Apple Pie - $8
    Glazed Ham - $5
    Stew - $5
    Creme Brulee - $5

On a side note, there are many players that have hundreds of parts (basic ones) and will never be able to use them all up. For quite a long time TL was only releasing new appliances that used new parts, never the old ones. At least that has now partly changed and they use at least one of the old parts as well, but it still isn't enough to dwindle the inventory. TL also wasn't using the same new parts over again on other new appliances, which it seems they now sometimes do, so that is why many higher level players will ask for food and not parts - they don't need the parts as they have hundreds of them already that they'll never be able to use them all up. Unlike Stew which will at least give them a $5 dish to sell that takes 2 days to cook and is free from neighbor gifts.

zZ_guera_Zz
    , I'm not wasting money as I only cook to master and the Stew is a free gift (not costing me a dime to accept it) and makes me $5 each time one sells. In fact many of my neighbors that only accept or want food do the same - only cook to master and use the Stew to make up for the $2 dishes they've had to cook to get those gems at level 2 & 4.
    Current games on queentina3 ID: Castle, Fairytale, Farm 2, RS 1, Diamond Quest. Games under this ID are named AppleBlossom.

Current game on 2tina ID: Castle only and goes by the name AppleBlossom2. I know, it isn't very original. Shut up!

I tip and run - don't ask me to write on your wall, as I won't. I don't expect you to write on mine. If you tip, great, if you don't, also great. Just answer my requests and I'll be happy.

Executive Chef
    um, thanks, zZ_guera_Zz, but i was just trying to be funny. apparently i missed!
    I go by varying numbers of utensils in BS, and cafe lula, welcome cafe, and zephyr cafe in RS (just so you know it's me--you can't add me by those).
    I always love to visit well-designed or creative bakeries & restaurants!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    I only cook to master a recipe and once done, I don't cook it again UNLESS it is one of the following dishes due to their higher rate of $ per plate. I don't stockpile and honestly can't stand having a lot of counters, like I have right now, due to the amount of recipes I've had to master over the past few weeks. I can't wait for them to dwindle down to just a few counters again.

Roast Chicken - $8
    Apple Pie - $8
    Glazed Ham - $5
    Stew - $5
    Creme Brulee - $5

On a side note, there are many players that have hundreds of parts (basic ones) and will never be able to use them all up. For quite a long time TL was only releasing new appliances that used new parts, never the old ones. At least that has now partly changed and they use at least one of the old parts as well, but it still isn't enough to dwindle the inventory. TL also wasn't using the same new parts over again on other new appliances, which it seems they now sometimes do, so that is why many higher level players will ask for food and not parts - they don't need the parts as they have hundreds of them already that they'll never be able to use them all up. Unlike Stew which will at least give them a $5 dish to sell that takes 2 days to cook and is free from neighbor gifts.

zZ_guera_Zz
    , I'm not wasting money as I only cook to master and the Stew is a free gift (not costing me a dime to accept it) and makes me $5 each time one sells. In fact many of my neighbors that only accept or want food do the same - only cook to master and use the Stew to make up for the $2 dishes they've had to cook to get those gems at level 2 & 4.
    My question was why do people with a restaurant full of food still ask for food as gifts. I wasn't trying to debate whether it's best to ask for only parts or only food, I was just trying to figure out why people that stockpile hundreds of thousands of servings of food would want even more when they have so much already. If you don't stockpile food than my comment doesn't apply to you so no need to explain .
    Sorry if I wasnt clear enough and you thought I was talking about you personally, bec even if I wanted to talk about you personally I couldn't because I dont know you or how you play.

Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    um, thanks, zZ_guera_Zz, but i was just trying to be funny. apparently i missed!
    Or perhaps my funny bone is just broken, lol. It's hard to gauge for seriousness on here, especially on the bakery forum. Some really "interesting" things have been happening over there. Hopefully my funny bone will heal properly soon so I don't have so many jokes flying over my head

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by zZ_guera_Zz View Post
    @Sally Brown - Read it again. I explained everything in my post.
    Actually, no. Your post was not clear or explained in a manner that can be understood at all. That's why she was confused by what you said. I still don't understand your conclusion either, really.

Oh, now I see. They are asking for high per-plate earning items as gifts not realizing that they're wasting more money than they could ever gain from gifted food by stockpiling. I guess it's not as obvious as I thought that it's a colossal waste of money to allow food to build up because when you do you are never earning back the money it cost to cook it in the first place.
    Nah, I don't think that's the reason. I'm going with "lots of recipes look cool". lol

My question was why do people with a restaurant full of food still ask for food as gifts. I wasn't trying to debate whether it's best to ask for only parts or only food, I was just trying to figure out why people that stockpile hundreds of thousands of servings of food would want even more when they have so much already. If you don't stockpile food than my comment doesn't apply to you so no need to explain .
    Sorry if I wasnt clear enough and you thought I was talking about you personally, bec even if I wanted to talk about you personally I couldn't because I dont know you or how you play
    Wow. Seriously? So you ask a question but don't want people to answer it...unless we give you the answer you want? Well. That's rich.

Executive Chef
    Well although I'm a parts only person, I make an exception for RS because I do accept food gifts there but I only put it out when all of my counters are empty or when I only have 1 counter of food & will be away the entire day from the game.
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY THREAD

Suggestions To Improve Game Experience HERE

Nightclub Owner
    Sorry if I wasnt clear enough and you thought I was talking about you personally, bec even if I wanted to talk about you personally I couldn't because I dont know you or how you play.
    I never thought your question was directed totally at me and I actually wasn't taking it personally. I was actually answering your question from the point-of-view of people that MAY stockpile food but still request it as a gift. Just to make sure it is completely understood, many people that ask for food as a gift instead of parts, even though they may have thousands of dishes already, is because they don't NEED or WANT parts. They may have already built all the easy stoves/ovens/grills and drink machines that require parts and now only need the ones for specialty appliances TL releases. Considering those specialty appliances normally require NEW PARTS that we don't yet have, what's the point in accumulating even more screws, nails, springs....?????

You may think it is a waste for them to accumulate food, but they also may think it is a waste for you to accumulate parts. Especially if they only build a few specialty appliances and can get them built within a day with neighbors help, whereas cooking those high $ per plate items takes multiple days. You can have almost 30,000 of an item in your inventory, so having 30,000 Stew to throw out on your counters quickly is actually a benefit and not a waste of money at all.
    Last edited by queentina3; 04-30-15 at 12:02 PM.
    Current games on queentina3 ID: Castle, Fairytale, Farm 2, RS 1, Diamond Quest. Games under this ID are named AppleBlossom.

Current game on 2tina ID: Castle only and goes by the name AppleBlossom2. I know, it isn't very original. Shut up!

I tip and run - don't ask me to write on your wall, as I won't. I don't expect you to write on mine. If you tip, great, if you don't, also great. Just answer my requests and I'll be happy.

Nightclub Owner
    I never thought your question was directed totally at me and I actually wasn't taking it personally. I was actually answering your question from the point-of-view of people that MAY stockpile food but still request it as a gift. Just to make sure it is completely understood, many people that ask for food as a gift instead of parts, even though they may have thousands of dishes already, is because they don't NEED or WANT parts. They may have already built all the easy stoves/ovens/grills and drink machines that require parts and now only need the ones for specialty appliances TL releases. Considering those specialty appliances normally require NEW PARTS that we don't yet have, what's the point in accumulating even more screws, nails, springs....?????

You may think it is a waste for them to accumulate food, but they also may think it is a waste for you to accumulate parts. Especially if they only build a few specialty appliances and can get them built within a day with neighbors help, whereas cooking those high $ per plate items takes multiple days. You can have almost 30,000 of an item in your inventory, so having 30,000 Stew to throw out on your counters quickly is actually a benefit and not a waste of money at all.
    That was my understanding of the reason players ask for food gifts even when they have lots of food aleady. Apparently we're both wrong. -.-

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Actually, no. Your post was not clear or explained in a manner that can be understood at all. That's why she was confused by what you said. I still don't understand your conclusion either, really.
    Oh, now I see. They are asking for high per-plate earning items as gifts not realizing that they're wasting more money than they could ever gain from gifted food by stockpiling. I guess it's not as obvious as I thought that it's a colossal waste of money to allow food to build up because when you do you are never earning back the money it cost to cook it in the first place.
    I gave a reason why adding more food onto piles of food would not make you any richer. Even if you put 20 counters of stew out, the higher amount of coins you get for that dish is going to be diluted by the other 40 counters which have lower earning food. I've really just been redundant right now as I truly have no idea how to explain my comment any further as I feel I've covered all the bases in my first post.

Seriously? So you ask a question but don't want people to answer it...unless we give you the answer you want? Well. That's rich.
    I don't see how you could have gotten that out of what I said to queentina3 at all. What I said was that I was asking why people with millions of counters out still ask for more food. Then I explained to her that since she doesn't stockpile food herself and was giving me an answer from the point of view of a general player and not a food stockpiler that her reply still left me with unanswered questions.

I'm glad to know you weren't taking anything personally, and I'm even gladder that you've expressed your disagreement with me in such a polite and friendly manner. It's quite hard to guess the mood or demeanor of the person posting, so sometimes things get taken the wrong way than they were intended and things can go south!

Again, though, I have to say that my question wasn't "Why doesn't everyone only accept parts!!!!!" at all. It was actually "why do people that already have 80 counters out only want to receive food as gifts when they already have so much?". In my line of thinking, if you already have so much food why would you add more, bec when you add more food to too much food you can never reclaim the money you wasted to make the dish in the first place. I never once said only parts are an acceptable gift, or that people that only want food are lame, nor have I alluded to that in any way at all, so I hope you don't think that's what I'm trying to do. My question applies only to people with a restaurant full of counters who are very adamant that they only be gifted more food, not Joe Q. Player who has 6 empty counters out. It's simple enough to guess why old Joe wants food as a gift -- he doesnt have any! But for people with 100 counters out I was thinking there must be some secret reason that they want more, and I was trying to brainstorm creative reasons one would want 10 tons of food. Decorating with food sounds most plausible to me, I actually think thats kind of a neat idea.

That was my understanding of the reason players ask for food gifts even when they have lots of food aleady. Apparently we're both wrong. -.-
    I think instead of taking offense another way of looking at things would be that we all have different opinions and that's perfectly okay. Do you have like 50 counters out or something? You seem to be unusually bothered by my comments. If you are a food stockpiler and I've offended you, please don't take it to heart. As I said before, everyone has an opinion and that's all I'm expressing. My views are my own, they do not have to be yours and yours don't have to be mine. That being said, if I've offended you I'm sorry, as that was not my intention. I find when someone's opinion bothers me to the point that I become unkind, I simply remove myself from the situation. Sometimes you have to agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasha_07 View Post
    Well although I'm a parts only person, I make an exception for RS because I do accept food gifts there but I only put it out when all of my counters are empty or when I only have 1 counter of food & will be away the entire day from the game.
    I put cappuccino or stew out whenever I am expanding. I never have much though as I usually send a gifter a gift then click decline. I could use a fancy chair or table as a gift, so unless they start gifting furniture I will keep declining almost everything because I have way too much of every gift lol.

Executive Chef
    I guess at least you make money from food gifts eventually , where as you will never make money off of random parts?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast