Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do people with the most counters always want food as gifts?

Rhino Keeper

Why do people with the most counters always want food as gifts?

Do they like to just look at all the different dishes or something?
    I honestly would like to know the reasoning behind having 40 counters out at once and then asking for food as gifts. Dish collecting is the only reason I've come up with so far.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by zZ_guera_Zz View Post
    Do they like to just look at all the different dishes or something?
    I honestly would like to know the reasoning behind having 40 counters out at once and then asking for food as gifts. Dish collecting is the only reason I've come up with so far.
    Lol essentially hoarding within a game! I have more counters with food then I want because I was trying to master recipes for the gems which I know is what a lot of people do; I think some people do like to "collect" dishes and have huge smorgasbords in their restaurants. Why some ask for food when they have food..well it's not quick to cook the stew, that takes 2 days and it's not fun to cook the bacon and eggs or French toast cuz then you're trapped doing that for hours making up enough so they don't disappear as soon as you exit the game..I hope I was able to shed some light for ya

Executive Chef
    You don't get credit towards mastering it when someone gifts it to you though do you?

Fashion Designer
    No, you don't get credit for food gifts toward recipe mastery.

I like cappuccino gifts even when I have a bunch of food out. I'm mastering several ovens right now so I have way more food out than normal, but I still accept cappuccino gifts to use for later when I have out very few counters.

Quote Originally Posted by jandtandn View Post
    No, you don't get credit for food gifts toward recipe mastery.

I like cappuccino gifts even when I have a bunch of food out. I'm mastering several ovens right now so I have way more food out than normal, but I still accept cappuccino gifts to use for later when I have out very few counters.
    That's on BS
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Life oh Life Ooooolaaaaf....du du du ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ID: Lenn-ann: Plays Bakery Story & Restaurant Story
    ONLY REGULAR PARTS PLAYERS. Not adding food gifter or low level ...
    Edit: not adding new neighbors at this time. Thanks

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenn_ann View Post
    That's on BS
    I'm well aware, but the rationale is the same. Substitute cappuccino for stew/chicken, which is the cappuccino equivalent of RS and it doesn't make a difference.

Lol. How serious!
    Yeah I know that make no difference... I just thought it was funny so take it easy, but well anyway have a nice day.
    Last edited by Lenn_ann; 04-29-15 at 04:16 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Life oh Life Ooooolaaaaf....du du du ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ID: Lenn-ann: Plays Bakery Story & Restaurant Story
    ONLY REGULAR PARTS PLAYERS. Not adding food gifter or low level ...
    Edit: not adding new neighbors at this time. Thanks

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenn_ann View Post
    Lol. How serious!
    Yeah I know that make no difference... I just thought it was funny so take it easy, but well anyway have a nice day.
    You read it however you want. But yes, I'm having a great day!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by deekathleen View Post
    You don't get credit towards mastering it when someone gifts it to you though do you?
    No, but those that are asking for it most likely have already mastered it and just don't feel like cooking more of it but want it available due to its sell rate. I have a posting on my wall that if somebody was to gift me food, only make it Stew. I delete all other food gifts as they are worthless to me, but I know that some people only want to gift food while others only want to gift parts. Either is fine by me, as long as the food gift is Stew since it sells at a higher price than any of the other food gifts in RS.
    Current games on queentina3 ID: Castle, Fairytale, Farm 2, RS 1, Diamond Quest. Games under this ID are named AppleBlossom.

Current game on 2tina ID: Castle only and goes by the name AppleBlossom2. I know, it isn't very original. Shut up!

I tip and run - don't ask me to write on your wall, as I won't. I don't expect you to write on mine. If you tip, great, if you don't, also great. Just answer my requests and I'll be happy.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by dll137 View Post
    Lol essentially hoarding within a game! I have more counters with food then I want because I was trying to master recipes for the gems which I know is what a lot of people do; I think some people do like to "collect" dishes and have huge smorgasbords in their restaurants. Why some ask for food when they have food..well it's not quick to cook the stew, that takes 2 days and it's not fun to cook the bacon and eggs or French toast cuz then you're trapped doing that for hours making up enough so they don't disappear as soon as you exit the game..I hope I was able to shed some light for ya
    I totally get having 20 counters out bec you've been mastering stuff to get gems quickly. In fact, I happen to be doing that right now as I have a playground in the middle of my restaurant so I'm saving to make a full park scene. But some people have 50 counters out so I was wondering why they have so many and why they still ask for food. Your hoarding theory is a good one lol.
    The other part to your reply confuses me, though. I don't think how fast a dish cooks would be correlated to them asking for food when they already have it bec they don't need to make more quickly when they already have it. I definitely think you're right and they just like the sight of every recipe imaginable in their restaurant. Perhaps they also like to collect different types of counters and they don't care about food at all, they are just showing off their counter collection lol.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast