Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's like this now..................

Farm Supplier

It's like this now..................

Started to sell everything and get out at level 20 but I'm kind of a stubborn old coot and decided to stick it out for a while longer. Made it to level 22 but all I am doing now is whacking moles, swatting butterflies and hanging out in the newspaper stand looking for papers of any kind and the very rare tool or screw/nail. Most of my deliveries I can't fill because it asks for an item I cannot produce since I cannot accumulate enough $'s to build anything. And if I buy from the newspaper to resell profit margin is absurdly small but I have to do that to make deliveries in hopes of getting a deed, permit or map since tools are not going to drop. But I have been expanding, however I can't clear the blocks in order to build the buildings I cannot afford. At present I need 13 shovels and 3 picks to clear my expanded acres. Not going to happen it seems.

Been thinking about starting new farms, making them my neighbors and selling tools from the new farms to my present one. Only way I can think of to get around things. Going to think about it some more to see if it is feasible.

The Honorable Panda
    On your plane orders. If you get some orders that you cannot complete, you can delete that order and wait for another order to come in.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

stick with it. delete any orders you cant do. I got stuck but carried on and I am now level 44. If and when you get there don't buy the forge waste of coins. Aim for the mine, and the water garden this unlocks the sushi bar and you can make money.

Farm Supplier
    Oldtimer- I seriously do maybe 10 deliveries a day. That's it. I watch the newspaper & craft any & every thing I can w my buildings that I currently have. I sell just about everything that I craft (even cow feed, lol) just to get coins. Leveling up takes longer BUT when I want to buy something, I have the coins to buy it. Just for a few days, don't focus on deliveries. Just sale what you craft. You'll make a lot more coins that way. Just a suggestion!!!!!
    Also, when you're watching the newspaper, visit the farms of the people that have sold things or have things marked low. You'd be surprised what else they have in their store. I did that last week & was able to get enough papers to expand & wasn't even trying to!!!

Farm Supplier
    Expanding isn't the problem. I have 20 maps, 14 expansion permits and 13 land deeds, most of which I have bought from the newspaper. Clearing the plots is the problem, I don't like all the grass and rocks cluttering up the spaces. My next space to go to is the mine,but coming up with the cash is the problem. It looks like my biggest moneymaker is catfish and bass. I sell them ASAP after catching. But the time it takes to make bait is ridiculous, I maybe get to fish 3 times a day.

I delete probably 2/3 of my delivery orders and sell as much of my produce as possible. I still deliver because about 2 out of 15 deliveries I get a paper of some time. Still count on moles and butterflies as my dependable source of income and that does not add up fast. I buy and sell a lot on the newspaper looking for underpriced items and selling at market price or above but one does not amass money fast that way.

Executive Chef
    I've looked at your farm, and--all things considered--it's looking good. At least all the things you need tools to remove are off along the edges instead of right in the middle of your farm, so you have a lot of open space to work with.

May I make a suggestion? Make what you need for deliveries, and then either sell the raw goods (crops or livestock) or only process it once...that is, don't use what you make to make something else; sell them instead. Also, don't try to make a large number of something and then sell them in large lots of 10 each. Try selling things in sets of 2 or no more than 5. I've found that trying to sell large numbers of things usually backfires and ends up sitting in my shop until Stormie buys them. On the other hand, selling 2 basic items (e.g., Biscuits or Cornbread) is efficient and keeps my inventory down.

I cannot guarantee it will work...all I know is that it seems to work well for me. Sometimes items are sold even before I finish loading up the Side Shop.

Hope this helps.

Here are some more things that sell well; small bunches of things will be bought by anybody as opposed to larger. Try to always keep your store stocked, so it is seen by your neighbours quicker, selling in small amounts will help with that as you will have 2 of something to put out most of the time.

Selling in twos - Bacon, Wool, Peppers, Oranges, Apples, Herbs, Lemons, Carrots
    Selling in fours - Eggs, Tomatoes, Potatoes
    (the amounts keep the prices around the same for each bunch of items).

Also find a few easy to make more pricy items (that sell well) and keep rolling them out in ones or two on the promotion. I sell all my items at the price set by the game including the highest priced one that is my regular, only a few others I sell at 4 coins less than the highest price (these took more time, materials and I make them less regularly).

You will need axes and shovels to use the mine, may not make much money from it, but you will need it for the Jewelsmith.

Farm Supplier
    Thanks for the advice, I am doing a lot of what you are saying now. Probably do not keep the shop stocked enough.

I seem to be a buyer for wool, apples and oranges. Also by buying every paper and tool I can find, I limit my ability to amass coins since I have to sell 5-6 items to buy each of the papers.

Is there any way to search for a particular item instead of randomly visiing farms and hoping they have a needed item?

(Think i was typing at same time as you before)

About clearing debris away, i just put my stuff inbetween the boulders, grasses and trees only removing the most necessary ones. I hadn't cleared a thing from about level 20 to 26, just did so last week after amassing alot (still have 9 shovels and 17 picks, going to use them in the mine). Bought them mostly from Stormie and few newspapers, won some from collections machine.

No I don't think there is a way to search for individual items.

Yeh, at some point you have to stop yourself from buying the papers and tools. What i did was limit myself to buying only the papers i needed to bring the amout to a certain point and stopped with the tools (except picks and shovels for the mine). eg to get 20 papers each and no more. It's hard to see them and leave them alone at first but think of the money you are saving
    Last edited by bakeryontheside2; 04-21-15 at 04:40 AM.

Farm Supplier
    I know I don't ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO remove the grasses and rocks to continue ( especially since I won't be buying any buildings in the near future) but I hate the messy look. And I have limited myself already on buying bricks and boards, in fact I am selling them off and on along with saws(that is all I get when I turn in a collection).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast