Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's like this now..................

Quote Originally Posted by OldTimer63 View Post
    but I hate the messy look.

Not sure if this will work but it is worth a try, every so often while playing, stop the game, go to your machines setting and force close the game, then start back again, hopefully it will refresh things a bit and you may get other types of rewards.

Rhino Keeper
    I do very well just selling, rarely do i send a train or plane, i love the hotair balloon. I get all my papers from neighbors and the paper. I am level 38 and have almost every expansion and machine.
    Have a Luvly Day!

Farm Supplier
    I read on one of the posts that when you buy the mine the drop rate for picks and shovels will icrease. Well I bought the mine 2 days ago and have been delivering and stocking my shop to build my cash back up since I was down to less than $1000 after purchasing. My drop rate on tools went up from basically zero to wherere I have gotten ONE shovel and ONE pick in about 60-70 deliveries (or maybe more,, been delivering a lot). Hardly seems worth the bother since still don't have any tools to mine with and was hoping to have some excess to clear some of the plots I bought.
    On another note, does the dynamite restore itself, do you have to buy it somewhere with cash or gems or the 3 sticks I got after doing the 3 mining jobs to meet the quest will be all I will get?

Executive Chef
    As far as I know, you will need to buy (with gems) any of the mine-related "helpers" once you use them up.

All I can suggest is that you be patient. Work diligently at making deliveries, collecting from pets, tapping on moles, scanning the newspaper, etc., to get the tools you need. I do not recall if it was a DRAMATIC increase once I unlocked the mine, but once I repaired it and could start mining, inside, I did notice that I was getting shovels and picks at least a little more often than previously.

One other trick I can suggest, and it is more a mind-set thing than anything else: don't expect tools and don't go looking for them. If you focus intently on getting the tools, they will only show up rarely. On the other hand, if you just play the game and ignore the items that you can't clear yet, you may find yourself the surprised owner of more than enough tools to get the job done. I know it doesn't make sense, but that is how the fishing hole works for me: if I go in desperately wanting something (like a Catfish or Bass), I might not get it at all, no matter what bait I use...but if I go in just seeing what I can get or focusing on catching something else (like an Anchovy), I actually wind up with what I really need (the other fish).

Farm Supplier
    Well that method should be perfect for me since all my friends say I have a negative attitude, and since I never expect anything on a delivery I am well on the way to following your advice.

I don't go looking for tools, just expansion permits, deeds and maps. If a tool other than a shovel or pick shows up I think hard about taking it or not. I did score 4 paints today while looking for some bacon so I guess that reinforces your theory.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12