Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Game Crash

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    Not sure what your problem might be then. I play on an iPad Air2 & haven't had any problems at all. I always force close everything after closing an app so not sure if that might help you some. Maybe clear your cache. Just some suggestions. Hope things start looking up for you soon,

For your model, is that IOS 8.3? That is the latest version. If your model can't be upgraded to 8.3 then it might not be able to handle the game any longer. More graphics and animation require lots of resources.
    Meme: I'm not sure who your response was directed at but you have the latest iPad while I have the earliest (iOS 5.1.1). But despite it being an older device, it worked fine until the update (I'm at level 50). And yes, I have deleted, reinstalled, not running any other apps, etc etc. I've given up.

New Resident
    Also having problems. Is there any way of removing the update as all was well until I put it on.

Quote Originally Posted by CDM777 View Post
    Also having problems. Is there any way of removing the update as all was well until I put it on.
    If you go to the App Store and view your purchases, maybe an older version will be listed that you could install instead. You won't be able to see the new items or goals though. My purchases show the CS Valentine's version. Did that one work for you before?

I'm sorry, Starthrower, I posted to help anyone who might be experiencing issues. I know it's not fun to hear that your device may no longer be able to handle the graphics hog CS has become. I know the feeling though since I upgraded because of issues before too.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

If you are still running iOS 5.1.1 and can update to a higher OS, we recommend you do this to help with the issue. As you expand and add more items to your board, more resources are required to run the game. Unfortunately, older devices may not be able to handle the amount of resources the game requires. If you are unable to update your device, we recommend you store a few items in your game. If you are unable to open the game to store items, please write to support@storm8.com so a support agent can assist you with this. Thank you!
    Storm8 Staff - PikaSquirrel
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

I have an iPod Touch 4th Gen, running 6.1.6

Often, my game crashes before I get past the messages screen, but I got through the first part of the Steed quest. Now, I'm at the building your kingdom and helping your neighbors part and my game crashes EVERY time I try to visit a neighbor, and REALLY frequently when I try to just load my own kingdom.

I have closed all background apps, deleted and reinstalled the game, performed hard restarts of my iPod, stored all of my non-essential to this quest items, and have literally removed everything from my device except this game. I've tried visiting neighbors who are at lower levels in the game, hoping that they will have fewer items in their kingdom to load, and that has worked sporadically, but not reliably.

Is my iPod really too outdated for this game? Is there some kind of workaround way to load my kingdom and visit neighbors without causing it to crash?
    Last edited by rachelmeyer2; 04-24-15 at 11:00 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by rachelmeyer2 View Post
    I have an iPod Touch 4th Gen, running 6.1.6
    I have the exact same model/iOS. Same problem. I updated to the latest version and now it won't even log into the game. I've done all the same things. Makes me sad to think that my 2 year old ipod is no longer "supported".

And before you say, "it needs more resources". I've been a software engineer for just shy of 20 years now.
    If the software is written correctly, it should work even if it is DOG SLOW but it would still work. Crashes come from poor error handling.

A work around for now is to store a few of your items so the game does not require as much resources. If you're unable to open the game to store a few items, please write to support@storm8.com so a support agent can help you out with this. Thank you.
    Storm8 Staff - PikaSquirrel
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

Farm Supplier
    I've got an ipad 2 running 8.3 and CS is forever crashing when visiting neighbours and gifting. I've also noticed it freezes a lot mid play as well. It's becoming very boring having to reload the game all the time and really isn't helping with this goal!

Yes Pika , I've stored lots of stuff , but obviously I need my buildings for the timed challenge , I can't visit my neighbours either
    I have an original iPad.
    It's my favourite game ( sobs )

I am also unable to play since new update game opens on my iPhone 3 then crashes almost immediately. Can anyone help me please.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast