Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Game Crash

Game Crash

Since the new update....Corny Challenge, Barron's Tent, etc has anyone else experienced the game crashing during every play, or the game not even loading at all? The game will come up, I will get the Message screen whice is frozen and then poof! crash! ALL THE TIME! Crashes usually occur while trying to collect corn or carrots for the Corny Challenge. Guess I won't be getting my horse.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Moving to bugs forum... Lots of other similar posts.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by hannsoph View Post
    Since the new update....Corny Challenge, Barron's Tent, etc has anyone else experienced the game crashing during every play, or the game not even loading at all? The game will come up, I will get the Message screen whice is frozen and then poof! crash! ALL THE TIME! Crashes usually occur while trying to collect corn or carrots for the Corny Challenge. Guess I won't be getting my horse.
    Same here (freezes/crashes on message screen). So I can't play anymore on my older iPad (although it was working just fine until the update).

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Have you updated IOS? This has helped some of my neighbours....

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Have you updated IOS? This has helped some of my neighbours....
    My iOS (5.1.1) is as high as it will go on an older iPad. Believe me, I have tried everything suggested but the game will not load past the message screen. Most frustrating is the fact that it was loading/playing fine until the update. So the update ended it for me and I simply don't care anymore. But thank you SW for the response. I do appreciate what all the moderators must endure when there are issues.

New Resident
    Fantasy Forest Story introduced the same bug a few weeks ago. It is possible to play exactly once after installing. Maybe check the FFS forum for more reports on the bug

Unfortunately for a resource hog like CS, older devices will not be able to handle the load. If you don't upgrade your device after a few new are released, most new or upgraded games are not going to be compatible. It's not a bug.
    I may not upgrade my device everytime a new one comes out but maybe every other time and have always received great rebates on the one I turned in so I never have paid full price for that new one.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

New Resident
    Pretty sure it is a bug. Up until I updated yesterday everything worked fine. Now I can only play once after a fresh installation. I can even have 10 apps running in the background and it still works perfectly. But once you close it or your device shuts off, CS will crash on loading back in. Same thing happened to Fantasy Forest Story. I kept playing it for a week and reinstalled it several times a day, but eventually quit bc S8 didnt seem to care about fixing it. So yeah... I'll probably do the same for CS, reinstall it a few times a day and quit if TL can't fix it

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    Unfortunately for a resource hog like CS, older devices will not be able to handle the load. If you don't upgrade your device after a few new are released, most new or upgraded games are not going to be compatible. It's not a bug.
    I may not upgrade my device everytime a new one comes out but maybe every other time and have always received great rebates on the one I turned in so I never have paid full price for that new one.
    Firstly, my ipad IS running the latest ios available for this model. Regardless, this does not explain why the game worked fine BEFORE the update? And why so many people's games crash on the message screen? By the way, for the brief moment that I can see the message screen, I notice the button next to accept (gift) now says "USE"??? I don't recall any other CS buttons that say use??? Finally, if the game does not work well on older devices running 5.1.1, S8 should not be promoting it on the older systems.

Not sure what your problem might be then. I play on an iPad Air2 & haven't had any problems at all. I always force close everything after closing an app so not sure if that might help you some. Maybe clear your cache. Just some suggestions. Hope things start looking up for you soon,

For your model, is that IOS 8.3? That is the latest version. If your model can't be upgraded to 8.3 then it might not be able to handle the game any longer. More graphics and animation require lots of resources.
    Last edited by meme1098; 04-19-15 at 05:17 PM.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast