Page 63 of 155 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 4/16/15: Choose your Steed!

Rhino Keeper
    Maybe off topic but I belive those problems came with this update.

Executive Chef
    Why would you consider buying a second horse without even knowing what they drop? It's only an assumption that because of the incredibly high price tag, it will be the equivalent of an alicorn (which, I've seen posters claim aren't even worth the 600 gems they cost because it's only a once a week energy boost, and they are also huge gem traps). I mean 999 gems is an insane amount of money... I guess if you have hundreds of saved gems and there's nothing else in the game you want, I could see it, but otherwise, I would think you could get many more useful things for the same amount of gems.... or money.

If they had just released these horses into the market for 999 gems and no one knew what they did, I can't imagine that anyone would be considering purchasing them. At the very least, you'd want to know what they drop. I'm quite curious to learn what they do, but I already posted in the thread about why I find it highly unlikely that they are worth the 999 gems. I just can't believe that endlessly greedy TL would make an event prize that could justify that price. I can't wait until someone finally tells us what the horse does.

Executive Chef
    So now I am unable to touch anything without a beastie appearing, and I mean every other tap!
    Now let's see what will hapoen when I NEED these beasties to appear, in the 3rd part to collect the paws / claws lol
    I am sure they will disappear.
    Just posting this as proof -beforehand- that yes it is not only psychological when TL/S8 manipulates this game
    💎💎Gem confirmation button please!💎💎

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by shambalaya View Post
    I'm really considering getting both horses, they make such a great pair! But if all they drop is fur, fertilizer, prime cut (hopefully not!) and bones they would be little more than decorations to me and it's A LOT of gems! Plus I will have to save up for a while, I have 765 gems now, so in a little under two months time I will have enough. Decisions! How many of you guys and gals are planning on multiple horsies??
    Given that their refresh time is 1 week, I think it's reasonable to assume that the horses will drop something better than fur, fertilizer, prime cut, and/or bones. We won't know for sure for a number of days yet, when those who hurried through the goal have their horses ready for their first drop. That should still be soon enough for those of us who are doing the goal at a more "practical" pace.

Be aware that reports from people who have finished the goal say that additional horses are only available to buy with gems for a short time after the goal is completed (see Annie's post, #600 in this thread, for example), so waiting 2 months may not work unless TL decides to add the horses to the market later.

Rhino Keeper
    I wonder if TL will make the horses available after the quest is over? I was going to buy a second, but when I decided ok to go for it, the option wasn't there anymore...

6 more days till my horse drops... I know a few others are ahead of that schedule.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by readysetgo888 View Post
    Why would you consider buying a second horse without even knowing what they drop? It's only an assumption that because of the incredibly high price tag, it will be the equivalent of an alicorn (which, I've seen posters claim aren't even worth the 600 gems they cost because it's only a once a week energy boost, and they are also huge gem traps). I mean 999 gems is an insane amount of money... I guess if you have hundreds of saved gems and there's nothing else in the game you want, I could see it, but otherwise, I would think you could get many more useful things for the same amount of gems.... or money.

If they had just released these horses into the market for 999 gems and no one knew what they did, I can't imagine that anyone would be considering purchasing them. At the very least, you'd want to know what they drop. I'm quite curious to learn what they do, but I already posted in the thread about why I find it highly unlikely that they are worth the 999 gems. I just can't believe that endlessly greedy TL would make an event prize that could justify that price. I can't wait until someone finally tells us what the horse does.
    Hard to explain, I know it's not to recommend before we know what the drops are...A bit crazy to get 4 horses, yes, lol!

I just wanted to remind players who got the tulip () value pack with skunkupine and fangbeast traps, that now might be the time to use them...
    ⚔TSS⚔
    Guardian of Thuakie Sword #2
    🔵❌❌{❎}=============>

Queendom of Natalien

Executive Chef
    Why would you consider buying a second horse without even knowing what they drop? ...(edit)
    Why? WHY, you ask!?! ...well, simply put, because the CS-hoarder in some of us WANTS both, that's why! LOL!
    AnniePMH can relate, just ask her, lol

This game is my single solitary personal entertainment expense (wellllll, almost, lol). I don't spend money on expensive coffee or seeng movies at the cinema or the latest fashions (well, wait a second, I'm a shoe-vixen so nix that excuse, lol) ...but... Well... My point IS -- I save enough money elsewhere and to pseudo-quote Stewart Smiley from an old SNL sketch: "I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And doggone it, I'm WORTH IT!"
    So, if I want both horsies (cuz they're both adorable, lol) & I have the extra money reserved aside for such impulse-wants, lol... Well then, they're MINE! Muwahahaha!

(I'm just waiting to hear what they drop to decide if I want FOUR or not, bawahahha!!!)

^^ETA: .. But knowing me, I'm getting 4 anyway, regardless... Cuz I've already decided I want 2 pairs to pull my 2 hayrides! LOLOL

ETA *AGAIN* ~ Besides, how can I decorate for H'ween (or whenever lol) with the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse if I don't have 4 HORSES for 'em to RIDE?? LOL
    Last edited by NorthWoodsKingdom; 04-21-15 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Typos & extra silly thoughts lol

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoodsKingdom View Post
    Why? WHY, you ask!?! ...well, simply put, because the CS-hoarder in some of us WANTS both, that's why! LOL!
    I kind of meant aside from that reason. (Though, obviously TL knows their audience: no permanent storyline update, but we do get cats and dogs available for gems and now insanely expensive horses... amazing what people will spend for a cute virtual animal. )

Hopefully no one is considering purchasing them because they think they are going to do something that is worth 999 gems. Buying it because you consider it a decorative collector's item is a different situation. That's what it would have to be, because I think there is no way on earth its function is going to justify that price.

You gem happy folks.... no one is considering speeding it up to see what it does? Lol I want to know!

Executive Chef
    I kind of meant aside from that reason. (Though, obviously TL knows their audience: no permanent storyline update, but we do get cats and dogs available for gems and now insanely expensive horses... amazing what people will spend for a cute virtual animal. )

Hopefully no one is considering purchasing them because they think they are going to do something that is worth 999 gems. Buying it because you consider it a decorative collector's item is a different situation. That's what it would have to be, because I think there is no way on earth its function is going to justify that price.

You gem happy folks.... no one is considering speeding it up to see what it does? Lol I want to know!
    No, I want mine to be babies for some time, and other players already have grown up horses!
    ⚔TSS⚔
    Guardian of Thuakie Sword #2
    🔵❌❌{❎}=============>

Queendom of Natalien

Executive Chef

Lol, but that's what I'm saying, sweetie...there IS no "aside from that reason" lol, because there's *nothing* they can do (they don't stand on their heads, lol or take us to a new kingdom or anything; they just stomp a hoof, lol) or drop (500 energy a week is worth less gems lol) that will be anywhere-near worth the 999-gem price tag.

The price tag is partly because I can pretty much guarantee this is a one-shot deal (most likely, they won't be in the market) so it's now or never. LOL

PS. I don't even have mine yet TO speed up (but I don't spend gems to skip steps or speed stuff up, lol).
    Last edited by NorthWoodsKingdom; 04-21-15 at 09:24 AM.