Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Event: Tropical Cruise Catering

New Resident
    I'm pretty new to S8 games but have been playing the restaurant stuff pretty obsessively. I actually thought this was the best special event I've experienced so far and was surprised that so many people had trouble. I've done the St. Patrick and Easter events (I found the first one difficult and not very fun and the second was easier but still not very fun). I'm level 32 now and went up a few levels during the event and I have 80 pantry space and managed to get Luana with a couple hours to spare having spent all the quickserves won from previous days and about 80 gems. I liked getting to work on a variety of recipes and getting prizes for completing a day. If I used any tactics it was only to refresh orders that needed an appliance I was using and I spent most of my gems on restocking after no luck with the market. I think the only problem was asking for orders that you haven't learned yet, but that only happened to me once. I think the previous events I played were too dependent on luck or took too much time but this event seemed the most balanced to me, and the most interesting.

I've also gotten lucky with Luana and recieved 10 gems for the first tip and 2000 coins for the second
    Last edited by latercrow; 04-27-15 at 04:13 PM.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennerwein1 View Post
    Or maybe a disgruntled employee? I cannot imagine someone who has brains enough to code and design games coming up with such a harebrained plan. You cannot fix a mistake with another mistake. That usually spells disaster.
    Disgruntled or careless. It was not a reasonable workaround at all. Really dumb for their company and not right to those who started the game on the first day. Which is why I think they forgot to reset the time. If you look at one of the recent castle story threads they left in goals templates and in progress work that said "HIDDEN" in the goal text. They forgot to hide that before the release and quietly removed them after people posted screenshots. They've had other goofs before also and it often looks like they are making up lame excuses for them instead of telling the truth and making things right.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    Disgruntled or careless. It was not a reasonable workaround at all. Really dumb for their company and not right to those who started the game on the first day. Which is why I think they forgot to reset the time. If you look at one of the recent castle story threads they left in goals templates and in progress work that said "HIDDEN" in the goal text. They forgot to hide that before the release and quietly removed them after people posted screenshots. They've had other goofs before also and it often looks like they are making up lame excuses for them instead of telling the truth and making things right.
    It's the lame excuses I don't get. It's obvious no testing of the goal was done. And it's beyond obvious that someone goofed the attempted solution for the Luana problem. But the response here just indicates that S8 must think us all to be a sad bunch of morons incapable of reason and logic. But then I never understand most of what is said by S8 by way of explanation of any of these messes anyway.

I suppose we should just chalk all of this up to the process of S8 balancing the economy of the game to provide a fun and engaging experience for everyone to enjoy for a long time and move on.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by 441sogo View Post
    WAIT........WHAT?!?!?!?!?!? THE REFRESH TIME WAS DRASTICALLY REDUCED AFTER THE SHIP SAILED FOR ANYONE WHO STARTED THE EVENT ON TIME????? WHAT?!?!?!?!?!? I can't even believe this.....

I finished the quest and received the prize, only after playing the game non-stop on day 9 and 10 of the event. It was exhausting and not very much fun in the end, but you know what made it worthwhile? Going the course with some pretty awesome neighbors. Some finished like me, and some didn't. Those who didn't finish didn't give any less effort than I did, they just happened to receive orders towards the end that were impossible (either because there wasn't enough time or they had yet to learn them). They simply ran out of time, just barely missing the boat. You know what would have made the difference for them??? Being able to refresh every 5 seconds until they received orders that were doable. What do you plan to do for those players?????????

I would suggest putting some time back on the clock with the 5 second refresh time for ALL players who did not finish. Anything less would be unacceptable to me.
    I think this is unfair too. We all had the same chances. Whatever the level. Whatever we unlocked. It was all a matter of time management. Not within your real life and time available to play, but what should you cook ahead, should you block your door, what high coin ingredients to store and what to buy..whatever the costs in the stand for sale. This game was some McDonald's monopoly game, where everyone wins. It wasn't even random like other ridiculous contests. Like the egg one. This was about what to refresh, what to wait to finish cooking.

I wanted to win so I stayed up late, bought 140 gems to skip a couple things and got finished with under six hours to spare. To give an edge to people who didn't want to or Couldn't dedicate time to playing at their own pace, stinks. You couldn't win? I'm sorry but too bad! This isn't little league where everyone gets a certificate no matter if the other team played better.

The constant whining about this isn't fair..blah, blah, blah..I'm quitting is over the top. I used to think most of us playing were a bunch of 20+ something's who wanted to take time away from real life to unwind. But the complaints, whining, griping, etc, etc, etc seriously makes me rethink who's playing these games.

You want to give someone a leg up? Do that over on farm where the game is seriously unbalanced. After day one we knew differenr Ingredients would come into play. How bad did you want to win? So unlock the milk, cucumbers, etc or refresh. Couldn't win? Better luck next time.

And hula girl stinks! She's come around once a day. I got 3 helping hands the first time. 2000 coins the second. And 2 helping hands yesterday. For being worth 2000 gems supposedly she should come into my place swinging from a wrecking ball like Miley Cyrus and throwing leis at my customers for extra tips!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by orleansparish View Post
    I think this is unfair too. We all had the same chances. Whatever the level. Whatever we unlocked. It was all a matter of time management. Not within your real life and time available to play, but what should you cook ahead, should you block your door, what high coin ingredients to store and what to buy..whatever the costs in the stand for sale. This game was some McDonald's monopoly game, where everyone wins. It wasn't even random like other ridiculous contests. Like the egg one. This was about what to refresh, what to wait to finish cooking.

I wanted to win so I stayed up late, bought 140 gems to skip a couple things and got finished with under six hours to spare. To give an edge to people who didn't want to or Couldn't dedicate time to playing at their own pace, stinks. You couldn't win? I'm sorry but too bad! This isn't little league where everyone gets a certificate no matter if the other team played better.

The constant whining about this isn't fair..blah, blah, blah..I'm quitting is over the top. I used to think most of us playing were a bunch of 20+ something's who wanted to take time away from real life to unwind. But the complaints, whining, griping, etc, etc, etc seriously makes me rethink who's playing these games.

You want to give someone a leg up? Do that over on farm where the game is seriously unbalanced. After day one we knew differenr Ingredients would come into play. How bad did you want to win? So unlock the milk, cucumbers, etc or refresh. Couldn't win? Better luck next time.

And hula girl stinks! She's come around once a day. I got 3 helping hands the first time. 2000 coins the second. And 2 helping hands yesterday. For being worth 2000 gems supposedly she should come into my place swinging from a wrecking ball like Miley Cyrus and throwing leis at my customers for extra tips!
    I'm not exactly sure why you came out swinging at my comment. I find your response to it to be quite rude. I, too, managed my time, stayed up late, stocked ingredients, refreshed when necessary, and guess what? I finished the quest without using gems with a good 6+ hours to spare. I also completed the egg quest without the decreased requirements. Was it strategy? Maybe. Was it luck? Possibly.

I'm not some kid coming on here to whine about not getting the prize. I earned the prize! I do, however, have a problem with a company changing the rules to benefit some and not others. For me, this is all about best practice. Had the 5 second refresh not been instituted for those players who had, for whatever reason, started the challenge late, I would not have had a problem. But it was, and I think it was simply the wrong solution for whatever problem they were trying to fix.
    I'm no longer adding new neighbors. Invitations will be declined.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by orleansparish View Post

You want to give someone a leg up? Do that over on farm where the game is seriously unbalanced. After day one we knew differenr Ingredients would come into play. How bad did you want to win? So unlock the milk, cucumbers, etc or refresh. Couldn't win? <SNIPPED>
    Wow what a hate filled comment directed AT people, who have real feelings and are not just words on a screen. And this is why i don't post on the forums.

Contrary to what you stated, things locked by expansion was something impossible to unlock without waiting for Cid, who doesnt always drop agreeable parts. That is why i had to refresh. Not all of us have huge pantries so we cannot store 10 of every hard to get item. Not all of us have stores that sell 5 items at a time. Not all of us knew to block the door meant not blocking the door but, removing the chairs.

The last day was not fun, it was stressful. Gems were spent. Quick serves used. I played all day, hitting refresh, repeatedly. The 5-sec refresh being given only to those who started late is why i am so upset with this game. It should have been there for everyone, regardless of what day they started. In any competition, things should always be fair. Thats what this was, in a way, a competition. It was not fair. If you dont agree and think it was fair, that is your perogative. however, attacking people bc you dont agree with them should not be allowed.
    Last edited by Snowtiger333; 04-27-15 at 07:03 PM.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    It's the lame excuses I don't get. It's obvious no testing of the goal was done. And it's beyond obvious that someone goofed the attempted solution for the Luana problem. But the response here just indicates that S8 must think us all to be a sad bunch of morons incapable of reason and logic. But then I never understand most of what is said by S8 by way of explanation of any of these messes anyway.

I suppose we should just chalk all of this up to the process of S8 balancing the economy of the game to provide a fun and engaging experience for everyone to enjoy for a long time and move on.
    If they had said the 5 sec refresh was unintentional it might have been accepted a little better. Many already know they are sloppy programmers. But being an intentional change when they did it is absolutely wrong and people who didn't get it have a good reason to be furious, especially if they didn't finish or spent a lot of gems to finish.

But, like you said, it was all done to balance the economy of the game and provide a fun and engaging experience for everyone to enjoy for a long time.

I emailed Team Lava re: Completing all Cruise Event tasks within time and not receiving goal prize. Thank you Storm8 / Team Lava. I now have Luana the Hula dancer unlocked and she dropped 10 gems upon arrival in my restaurant. Sorry to say, but this has left a bitter taste in my mouth as to whether I will play future goal events, but I am pleased that the Cruise Event debacle has been resolved.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ellyse99 View Post
    I guess Luana doesn't like me finishing so easily... I got 500 coins from her and then another 500 coins. :P
    I guess she heard me complaining... gave me the princely tip of 2000 coins today!

Fashion Designer
    Luana showed again, 500 coins, same time as yesterday. For a total of 3500 coins.
    Last edited by Jennerwein1; 04-28-15 at 03:56 AM.