Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Event: Tropical Cruise Catering

Rhino Keeper
    They were typing the answer at the same time as I was, so did see the counter explanation after I posted.

I am really upset about losing that many gems though. Hopefully someone here learns that lesson and I would appreciate them giving me my gems back. I have no idea how it even happened to be honest with you.

Rhino Keeper
    This event seems like it might force people to play since there isn't 2 icons for made food just 1 to send the food to the boat. It would have been nice to have the option to send the food to your counter or the boat. Maybe hitting the pass option on the dish may solve that?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by travelingcircus View Post
    They were typing the answer at the same time as I was, so did see the counter explanation after I posted.

I am really upset about losing that many gems though. Hopefully someone here learns that lesson and I would appreciate them giving me my gems back. I have no idea how it even happened to be honest with you.
    That typing while some body else is posting happens to me too.

A confirmation on purchase button would fix this gem trap.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by travelingcircus View Post
    I did not want to buy anything with gems. I am so mad!!! It is not very clear. I still don't know why there is a counter there. They can reset my cruise tour and I can start from scratch.

I want my gems back . I was saving them up.
    It does say Buy Extra Slot For 300 Gems. But it is frustrating that there isn't a confirmation letting you know that you're spending your gems. A classic trap perfected by a lot of companies

How can we tell how many coins we've accumulated for the day? For instance, my ship for the day looks like:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	19758

And I have 2 possible tasks that would complete it, one for 2 coins and one for 3 coins. The question is, do I need to do the 3 coin task, which requires much more valuable ingredients, or can I do the 2 coin task? I can't really tell from the image above whether I'm 7/10 or 8/10 for the day. Is there a reason we have this unlabeled progress bar rather than something that tells our progress more accurately?

Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    The only downside to this event is that whatever we give to the cruise ship does not also go on our counters, so we lose money by not selling it. That may make me think twice now about which dishes I'll do for the ship and which ones I won't. High profit or yielding recipes may get swapped as I can't afford to not actually sell those dishes to my customers.
    Totally agreed. Are you done for the day? Mind letting me know what happens when you finish? Specifically, will I be able to serve dishes that are currently part of a task, if I finish my 10 for the day without needing them?

Edited to add: on reading this back over, it seems super unclear, so let me see if I can clarify...

Let's say I can do two tasks, either of which will finish my coins for the day, call them Task A and Task B. If I do A, will B still have the cruise ship icon? Or will B now be free, until tomorrow when this whole mess starts again? :P basically, what does your UI look like now that you're done? Thank you!
    Last edited by fatbearsecondary; 04-16-15 at 02:19 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    the game asks me whether I want to start the event now or later: if I wait, as I am on a trip with only little time to play, do I lose time or will I have 10 full days all the same, from the day I click on "start"?

Thank you

In other words: is there a common timer on this or does every player have their own based on when they started the event on their game?
    Last edited by kuppikahvia; 04-16-15 at 02:48 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    I would think/hope we have 10 days no matter what & some people will take fewer days to complete
    this goal.

The new deco items are really cute!! Be fun to see some of your places decorated with this stuff.
    A bit too expensive for me though. I'm trying to save my gems for the fountain or pond.

I might say screw it and buy the stuff though - kinda hard to resist.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbearsecondary View Post
    Totally agreed. Are you done for the day? Mind letting me know what happens when you finish? Specifically, will I be able to serve dishes that are currently part of a task, if I finish my 10 for the day without needing them?

Edited to add: on reading this back over, it seems super unclear, so let me see if I can clarify...

Let's say I can do two tasks, either of which will finish my coins for the day, call them Task A and Task B. If I do A, will B still have the cruise ship icon? Or will B now be free, until tomorrow when this whole mess starts again? :P basically, what does your UI look like now that you're done? Thank you!

When you finish for the day, everything greys out. You can't fill anymore orders until the next day unless you pay the gems to move on. The new day refreshes at normal daily refresh time, about 9 hours from this post.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by deucedeuce22 View Post
    When you finish for the day, everything greys out. You can't fill anymore orders until the next day unless you pay the gems to move on. The new day refreshes at normal daily refresh time, about 9 hours from this post.
    That's 10 gems?

Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast