Page 1 of 54 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Event: Tropical Cruise Catering

Executive Chef

Talking Event: Tropical Cruise Catering

Ahoy there! The S.S. Cruisy has docked at the Southern Port and its passengers are all craving some local eats. Help out the Cruise Director and provide your catering services to all his passengers. We're happy to introduce our first Catering Event, where you will have the opportunity to earn Cruise Coins for your efforts and unlock special rewards!

The Ship will only be docked for the next 10 days. Each day, the Director will give you his menu and it is your task to fulfill the orders and keep his passengers happy. Each menu item or ingredient you provide to the passengers will earn you a certain number of Cruise Coins.

Earn enough Cruise Coins and you will earn a special reward for each day. Running low on an ingredient? You can trash a menu item and replace it with something else. However, you will need to wait to hear back from the Director to find out the new menu item. Need a little help earning enough Cruise Coins to unlock your rewards? Hire a helper, who will give you Cruise Coins every 4 hours!

Complete all 10 days and persuade Luana to stick around for a bit longer. She will come visit your Restaurant at least once a day and leave you with some very valuable tips! Have any questions or feedback? Share it here!

Frequently Asked Questions:

What level do I need to be to access the event?
    You will need to be at least level 15.

Do I really need to cook a dish 500 times?
    The number for each menu item is the amount of servings you need to provide. The amount of servings varies for each recipe.

I started the event after my friend. Will she get more days to complete the event than me?
    No, everyone will get 10 days to complete the event from the time they tap to start. If you did not start the event by Monday, it was automatically started for you.
    Last edited by FrozenTurtle; 04-23-15 at 05:03 PM.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    To address this, this change wasn't arbitrary. The change was an emergency resolution for players who had an issue collecting Luana which caused their game to freeze and crash. We apologize for any inconvenience and understand your frustration, but we hope that people are able to understand that this was made to help players with a serious problem in the game.

We'll be evaluating this today for a better solution and to make sure players who completed but didn't get Luana receive their reward.

Thank you everyone for understanding!

One question that I can think of, do you have to be a certain level, like with the Valentine's event? There are still appliances I have yet to unlock and recipes I can't cook as I'm not a high enough level to unlock them, or their ingredients, so is that going to hinder players or are the Cruise Ship items geared towards each players current level of play?

Quote Originally Posted by SparklyOctopus View Post
    Hey there! You will need to be a minimum level of 15. As for the requests given from the Cruise Master, they are geared towards each player's current level of play. Hope that helps!
    Hey there again! If it requests 300 lox bagels, it means 300 servings of lox bagels. Since 1 Order of Lox Bagel is 320 servings, just by completing it, you will complete the request from the Cruise Master. Once the Lox Bagel is done, you can hit deliver and receive your Cruise Coins. Sorry for the confusion.

Additionally, you will have to complete the first request before you are able to go to the second one. However, if you finish the request before the 2nd day starts, you will have to wait or you can pay Gems to start early onto the next day. As for the reorder, they will be 30 minutes every time. It won't increase if you decide to throw any orders.
    If you are at the right level where you are able to purchase the ingredients needed, it will show up as a request from the Cruise Master. However, let's say you are level 20 and the Lobster is unlocked at level 25, it will not ask you for Lobster Bisque. Additionally, it shouldn't ask you for recipes where they are locked by Goals if you haven't unlocked it. Hope that helps and good luck on the event!
    ----If you are close to completing a day and have multiple items that can be given to the cruise ship, they will roll over to the next day. I had Bitterballen, Cheesecake, and give 10 bags of Rice left and when I retrieved the Bitterballen from the appliance, it greyed out Cheesecake and the 5/10 Rice I'd already given. However, when I checked the game this morning, the Cheesecake and Rice were still there, allowing me to complete them and counted towards today's total!
    Last edited by kooky panda; 04-28-15 at 11:08 AM.
    Current games on queentina3 ID: Castle, Fairytale, Farm 2, RS 1, Diamond Quest. Games under this ID are named AppleBlossom.

Current game on 2tina ID: Castle only and goes by the name AppleBlossom2. I know, it isn't very original. Shut up!

I tip and run - don't ask me to write on your wall, as I won't. I don't expect you to write on mine. If you tip, great, if you don't, also great. Just answer my requests and I'll be happy.

Executive Chef
    Hey there! You will need to be a minimum level of 15. As for the requests given from the Cruise Master, they are geared towards each player's current level of play. Hope that helps!

Rhino Keeper
    Is one player expected to cook 550 Stuffed Mushroom dishes or is it as a collective? Mushrooms have a extremely long cool down period so is this event yet another scam to sell gems? ��

Nightclub Owner
    It does help, thanks!

One last thing:

My first orders were to fulfill one of the following: 500 antipasto, 300 lox bagel, or 500 quiche (lox and quiche may have been switched). I obviously would have trouble filling even 5 of these in a day, let alone 500 or 300 due to the length of time it takes the ingredients to replenish, so I asked for new meal items.

Turn-around is 30 minutes for new meals.

Now, when the new orders come in, whatever they are, I'll have to try to fill as many as I can before the next day starts and new orders are asked for, correct? Every day we'll have new orders and those we were working on don't carry-over, right? Also, how many times can we ask for a re-order and does the timing go up for wait time with each asking?

I'm asking these questions as it will determine on if I even bother attempting this event as it seems really far-fetched with the recipes being offered (time wise for cooking and ingredient replenishing), that I'll even fulfill a few orders a day to make it worth attempting. I'd rather bow out of an event then end up getting frustrated and annoyed.
    Current games on queentina3 ID: Castle, Fairytale, Farm 2, RS 1, Diamond Quest. Games under this ID are named AppleBlossom.

Current game on 2tina ID: Castle only and goes by the name AppleBlossom2. I know, it isn't very original. Shut up!

I tip and run - don't ask me to write on your wall, as I won't. I don't expect you to write on mine. If you tip, great, if you don't, also great. Just answer my requests and I'll be happy.

Hey! It's collective meaning you'll only need to cook it 2 times for it to collect 500 servings of stuffed mushrooms! I just did it for mine since mine was 50 hamburgers only

Rhino Keeper
    Ok that's good to know. Thanks ����

Executive Chef
    Hey there again! If it requests 300 lox bagels, it means 300 servings of lox bagels. Since 1 Order of Lox Bagel is 320 servings, just by completing it, you will complete the request from the Cruise Master. Once the Lox Bagel is done, you can hit deliver and receive your Cruise Coins. Sorry for the confusion.

Additionally, you will have to complete the first request before you are able to go to the second one. However, if you finish the request before the 2nd day starts, you will have to wait or you can pay Gems to start early onto the next day. As for the reorder, they will be 30 minutes every time. It won't increase if you decide to throw any orders.

Rhino Keeper
    I will say at looking just at the game, I have no idea. It isn't really clear. I just tossed an item thinking I had to cook 300 of them.

I don't understand the basics. Still don't. The above questions have been helpful. But more direction is really needed.
    Last edited by enaid03; 04-16-15 at 11:52 AM.

Fashion Designer
    I've just noticed if u get a item requested that u already have out on your counter tops on the ship under that item it will show a counter top and if u press add it'll take that item from your counter top and add it to your ship order.

Also noticed u can refresh as many times as u want it appears cuz I did it like three times on one item.

Question has anyone bought this caterer for 250 gems if yes what does he do ?

Page 1 of 54 123451151 ... LastLast