Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Kitsune and Caboodle

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by RLrox View Post
    Why do I get the feeling that trying to breed a solar simian is suddenly going to be very difficult, as in, like a limited animal? This game is making me all cynical now, is it? Given my track record with breeding time limited animals, I'm not holding out much hope!
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcadiaTofu View Post
    TL made a huge mistake by making this one only attainable if you manage to breed out a Simian... Getting more and more disillusioned by the day...
    Quote Originally Posted by readysetgo888 View Post
    I actually find this goal more disgusting than a week limited animal.
    Quote Originally Posted by CoodieBug View Post
    ffs certainly leaves a bad taste in my mouth--getting tedious
    I started collecting others expressing the same sentiments as me, but there are just too many to quote - I put a few up. RLox: welcome to the FFS cynics club. Many people joining the forum think we are just overly critical. Until they've played a while. Then those who are willing to give TL the benefit of the doubt, eventually either turn into cynics or leave. A veteran player would need really rose-colored glasses, or able to tune out all of TL's particularly disgustingly manipulative tactics, to believe they are in any way, shape or form FAIR to or HONEST with the players.

As ready said early on, [b]This is essentially the same as trying to breed a 1-week limited animal.[b] Only it's WORSE! You have LESS than a week because you need to add the time to clear whatever was in your den and nest, the 12 hours to breed and hatch your solar simian (chosen due to it having the same timer as not one but TWO other animals of the same elements - that is NOT an accident, friends, it is one of their favorite tactics for twisting your arm into speeding because you get the timer you want, you still don't know if you got the animal you need), feed it, evolve it for 6 hours, feed it, THEN collect 40 hours worth of crops in all your farms (assuming you ave 6 farms). Unless you can plant rune prunes and remember to NOT collect them until you've successfully evolved a solar simian, the quest to breed a very specific animal, which has 5 different possible fails, is NOT EVEN a week. It's less than 5 days. So it's WORSE than a typical 1-week limited. For that, you only have to clear your den & nest, then you have the full rest of all 7 days just to get the magic number in the den - you don't even have to subtract breeding & incubation time from the 7 days. If you breed it one minute before time is up, the breeding and incubation can happen after the timer is up. This is MUCH WORSE for time than a 1-week limited. And if anyone truly believes they did not make a solar simian worse odds for breeding during this event, keep playing and let me ask you again in 6 months if you still believe they are fair and honest in that way. This is a trick. To make us think it is easier to get this 5-day limited than a 7-day limited. It is NOT. It is HARDER.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Wayne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetypies97 View Post
    I have noticed that every few weeks that one of my gem buddies disappears.
    Agreed. When i started , i had lot of daily players. Now most of them disappeared and new neighbors don't stay long
    Quote Originally Posted by cocauina View Post
    Honestly, I prefer the goals we had to do for the Puffalo animal, needing to have a specific animal to do 2 different things so we are able to win a certain animal, it's really annoying.

At least with the Puffalo animal we only needed to breed 2 random animals, hatch random eggs and harvesting food for pears and inviting and having neigbors and playing their animals. It was more easy and fun, I remember of receiving and sending invites like rain falls down xD
    It may sound strange, but while I really miss a lot of great people who have become so disillusioned they just can't play any more, I particularly miss the great debates I used to have all the time here with Vodelle. He/she was as cynical about "free" games in general as I, but thought it implausible that TL would resort to some of the truly underhanded tactics most of us veterans believe they use. And wrote off all the incredible "bad luck" experienced by some us us fully explainable by totally legit odds. They didn't end up playing that long (as one might predict of a player cynical from the get-go), but I wish they were around now so I could know if they still believe the odds are exactly the same for newbies as they are for veterans on everything. If they still believe every player of every level has the exact same odds as every other of breeding a unicorn or gem hybrid. I suspect enough experience in the game may have changed that trust in the fairness of TL that I believe is misplaced.

Anyway, my attempts to breed a solar simian. Like most or all veteran players, my simian is too high a level to just gem-skip part 2 of this quest. I need a new simian to move on.
    1. 3:00 fail
    2. 3:00 fail
    3. 3:00 fail
    4. 3:00 fail

I do not have a paradise parrot yet, so if I breed that, I would not consider it a fail. EXCEPT that the shortest quest timer EVER in this game (when you subtract 2 days for the other time-intensive steps) means every animal not a simian MUST be considered a fail even if it fills an album hole, because it means losing another 6 hours of the ?5 day timer.

Executive Chef
    DS was better. Unfortunately, since I played from its inception, I ran out of room and everything else. I tried a few other replacements for DS (a few TL games included) but they were all fatally flawed. FF is greatly flawed but, at least not yet, it still gives a bit of entertainment. It is NOT worth spending any real money on that entertainment. There are other games more worthy of that. Instead, I have let FF step dramatically down in my level of importance.

I can still enjoy without finishing a quest. I can still breed things (given enough time, patience and a bit of luck). I can still win an occasional tournament.

I have started thinking about this in the same light as many other things in life. I am NOT going to succeed at everything. Failure is what makes success worth something. Just as I refuse to give my students an "A" for learning everything they were told to learn, I refuse to assume that in FF I will get every creature offered just because I try. To learn a given set of information is what is EXPECTED of a student. To earn a "higher grade", one must do above and beyond the average. To get the more difficult creatures, I must strive "above and beyond" the average.

In the same way, every player is not going to succeed at every quest or every tournament. Winning is going above and beyond. Playing the basic game is what is average.

This game is much the same. Everyone is not going to get every creature. That is a flawed goal. There will not be room enough for one thing. You don't need every animal to play well. The strategy includes knowing which ones are worth getting/keeping. Many are not.

Yes -this is a nice looking virtual creature - but it is still a common combination of elements (super rare, but there are many). It will be mentally "worth more" to those that accomplish the quest if everyone else does not get it. Everyone is not the same. "Creature equality" (game equality? Outcome equality? Good grief!) is NOT a guarantee. With guaranteed outcome there would be no challenge, no game.

Give it a try. Give it as much time or effort you are willing to give. I hope you succeed. But if you do not, you do not. It will make your next success that much sweeter.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by readysetgo888 View Post
    This is more or less exactly what I said earlier in the thread. I actually find this goal more disgusting than a week limited animal. For a few reasons.

They know that people were fed up with week limited animals. This is exactly the same thing! Except worse. Because the fails are so short, it is very tempting to speed breed here to try to get the Simian. I bet they are going to make MORE money on this then they would on another one week limited animal. I bet that's why they did it.

It's the perfect trap. It doesn't LOOK like a one week limited. It's cleverly DISGUISED. It is a one week limited animal disguised as a quest. Just think of how many players, who are sick of one week limited animals and are refusing to ever spend money on them anymore, will be really excited and speed breed and pay for this animal! Just because they've been fooled into believing it isn't the same thing. Well, I see no difference.

As you say, ALL they had to do to make this fair and fun was to give us a longer time. If this was a two month quest, or better yet, an unlimited quest, it would be fair! I would totally support some fun, cool quests like this in the game. But, they need to be permanent! Otherwise they are absolutely no better than one week limited animals!

And if you spend money to get this animal, you are contributing to the demise of this game. They're certainly going a long way to ruin the game on their own, but if this type of quest proves profitable for them, we're going to see it all the time, and with worse odds. First one week limited animals, limited element animals, then they messed with the tournament odds so that they are barely beatable now, and now this! People gave them positive feedback on the puffalo quest, so now they disguise a one-week limited gem draining trap as another quest. Brilliant. It really is.
    Trap or not trap , they are not getting any money from me : i can't afford. All the gems i got are from neighbors and free games that give 30/15/15/15 gems. But they are so difficult to get that i try to use them carefully , without speeding except when it is worth

But if this is going the way it is going, all they got is losing players.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by stormmmeee View Post
    bubz94
    You can plant any crops, you'll get one Prickly Pear for every hour

Thank you

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    It may sound strange, but while I really miss a lot of great people who have become so disillusioned they just can't play any more, I particularly miss the great debates I used to have all the time here with Vodelle. He/she was as cynical about "free" games in general as I, but thought it implausible that TL would resort to some of the truly underhanded tactics most of us veterans believe they use. And wrote off all the incredible "bad luck" experienced by some us us fully explainable by totally legit odds. They didn't end up playing that long (as one might predict of a player cynical from the get-go), but I wish they were around now so I could know if they still believe the odds are exactly the same for newbies as they are for veterans on everything. If they still believe every player of every level has the exact same odds as every other of breeding a unicorn or gem hybrid. I suspect enough experience in the game may have changed that trust in the fairness of TL that I believe is misplaced.
    Me too I feel like my opinion was always somewhere between yours and hers... I have believed for a long time that they mess with the odds on different outcomes when there is a limited animal out, but I don't believe they mess with the odds for individual accounts. It MIGHT be that newer players have better odds, but it doesn't HAVE to be... because so many animals are new to new players anyway, it helps sustain interest in the game even if they don't get specific limited animals - so they are happier with the game even if their odds are the same. That being said, it wouldn't shock me if I found out that they give newbies better odds and then drop them off as they level up. That seems totally plausible to me. Messing with odds for different individual players, I doubt it.

As far as this quest goes, I might... might... be willing to give TL the benefit of the doubt IF it appears that most people are getting their Simian within a couple of attempts. The fair thing to do here would be to raise the odds of the Simian and/or program the game to give it to everyone within a few attempts. I highly doubt they would write in anything as a guaranteed success, and even if the odds of a Simian were 90% (and they never would be), some people would still be the unlucky ones that kept rolling in the 10% and didn't get the Simian on time.

And as I said, this is TL so it wouldn't shock me in the slightest if they made the odds on the Simian worse. Did they have to? Nope, probably not. The fact that the fails are short (which, believe it or not, will lead to MORE speeding than if the fails were long), and the fact that there are 3 other possible rare animals from this combo and 2 of them have the exact same breeding time, is enough right there to make this extremely difficult even if they didn't change the odds of a Simian when this started.

Let's think about it... We're putting the chance of a rare around 20%. There are 4 possible rare outcomes, so that means the chance of a Simian would be 5%? Which brings it to the same odds as a super rare.

That's assuming that there's a 20% chance of a rare for ALL breeding pairs regardless of how many possible rares there are. If they adjust the odds to compensate for there being more outcomes, then possibly the chance of getting a rare from nature-fire is higher than the chance of getting a rare from say, dark-fire where there is only ONE rare outcome. I don't know. This is something I'd never even thought of analyzing from my breeding data, but I'd definitely be curious to try to draw a conclusion.

I've been thinking out loud here in this post, but the possibilities are 1) there is a 20% chance of ANY rare from a particular breeding combo, and the more possible rare outcomes there are for that pair, the worse the odds are on any one of those rares in particular.... OR 2) when there are more rare animals for a particular breeding pair, the overall odds of getting ANY rare from that combo are higher.

Since there are so many nature-fire rares, it makes a huge difference when talking about the fairness of this quest.

Anyway, I think the prize animal is beautiful but I'm already setting myself up not to get it unless I'm willing to spend a bunch of my saved gems. This quest is just SO unfair. WHY COULDN'T THIS HAVE BEEN A PERMANENT QUEST? Oh right because that wouldn't be GREEDY AND MAKE BUCKETS OF MONEY. Anyone who DOESN'T think this quest is just a shameless attempt to bilk people out of money is naive.

Rhino Keeper
    I got a Paradise Parrot and a Fallaby back to back. Both new in my forest. Nice but also a bit creepy... Next is another Ferret.
    The thing about these relatively short breeding times 3/6/7 hours is that I feel much more inclined to spend gems speeding. Again and again and...

Executive Chef
    Like I already said: The Puffalo Goals were most fair and funny for every player. Requiring a animal to have another different animal is so unfair and disgusting. At least on DS this goals for new dragons, fortunately, until now only required to hatch a Dragon that every player had because they won from an World Event and complete certain quests so we could receive the items needed to craft the egg, or craft a certain building (that was needed to earn the egg) or we didn't needed to hatch a Dragon.
    Last edited by cocauina; 04-15-15 at 08:48 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Annica5 View Post
    The thing about these relatively short breeding times 3/6/7 hours is that I feel much more inclined to spend gems speeding. Again and again and...
    Yep. Who thinks this was an accident?

Disgustingly brilliant on their part....
    Last edited by readysetgo888; 04-15-15 at 08:54 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by greywagtail View Post
    Same here - have fallaby though - so that is what I will get
    I really hope we both get it soon! It's time to move on from the 2nd quest now!!

EDIT: I just sped mine; it was a fallaby. Next try was 5hrs. Looks like this Kitsune isn't in reach
    Last edited by LonePudding; 04-15-15 at 09:03 AM.
    | FFS ~ Level 101 || RS2 ~ Level 44 || BS2 ~ Level 26 |

Executive Chef
    TL why must you fail at everything?

Sorry to everyone that is enjoying this quest, but I think it is completely ridiculous and even though I've been playing this game since it was born it will finally give me a reason to put this game to rest for good.
    Main id: squinn1981

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast