Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is this happening AGAIN?

Why is this happening AGAIN?

I can't believe it and this time it's not virtual coins. It's $9.99 of real life ACTUAL money.

I decided to get the special offer of the double rainbow dragon plus rainbow habitat and 250,000 coins.

Well, the coins were added to,my total so I know the order went through.

But NO DRAGON OR HABITAT. What is going on here.?

I feel like such a sucker. My normal policy is to not spend real world money on basically pixels on a screen. However, for most well done free games I will spend $5-20 at some point in time in appreciation for a quality product.

But this, combined with the previous problem not receiving an expansion I purchased ( and receiving a form letter but no action when I emailed support) this game, for me, is basically one giant headache and aggravation.

Hope some mods are reading this because it's getting too ridiculous for words;

it's annoying enough to lose virtual coins but now it's real life money. And if all I'm going to get I see another auto response form letter from support, my next communications will be with Google and the BBB.

This is absolutely ridiculous.

Rhino Keeper
    They should be in your storage. You don't get any notification or "congrats, here's your dragon" as I expected first time
    Oh and after the auto response there will be a proper mail. Support has been great when I've had dealings with them.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by buttonstc View Post
    I decided to get the special offer of the double rainbow dragon plus rainbow habitat and 250,000 coins.

Well, the coins were added to,my total so I know the order went through.

But NO DRAGON OR HABITAT. What is going on here.?
    Both should show up in your storage. You may have to click the "all" tab to see the habitat. You need to remove them from storage and place them in your game. If they aren't in storage, contact support.

Thanks to you both.

I Had absolutely no idea that either habitats or dragons could be placed into storage. But why would I?

With smaller items like banners and decorations, storage is
    Pictured as an option when you click on them to move

However, this is NOT THE CASE with either habitats or large buildinge
    Like the trading portal. Believe me, I tried.

So, since this dragon's habitat is quite large, does this mean that other large buildings and habitats can go into storage, as well as dragons? And how would this be done since it doesn't present as an option normally?

Am I the only one who thinks that there is a dearth of important info for newcomers built in to the game itself?

Anyhow! Thanx for the prompt info.

Rhino Keeper
    I so wish we could put dragons and habitat in storage! But no, it is only when you either buy or win ( from events or battle tournaments ) a dragon that it's found there. And I totally agree that it's really tough for a beginner to figure out this game! When I started out I had 2 resolutions that made it even harder: I would never spend real money on any game and didn't want anything to do with " a community". I assumed the other players were all like 11 years and felt very awkward yes I'm much older than that
    There is a FAQ in the game but it really didn't explain a lot, those darn maps had me confused for a long time. Why would I send my maps to the few neighbors I eventually got? That the game provides them never occurred to me.
    Anyway, today I stay playing because of my super nice fellow players, of all ages and nationality, and I've spent about $100 on a game that gives me many hours of fun.

Wow. $100; that's a lot. I certainly couldn't afford that.

The only reason I pay anything is to encourage good developers to continue. I arrived at the amount I specified because That's what Most people would pay for a really good app or game if they were charging for it. From my real world experience, I'm very aware that people don't usually value anything free.

Used to do balloon sculpture and the difference between people who only paid $1 or a tip vs. those getting it totally free because the business owner had hired me to do it for free to their customers was most interesting to observe.

For that small an amt. You'd think there wouldn't be any difference, but there was. Some kids can be rough on balloons. They twist the legs around and turn it into a machine *** or drag it on the ground etc. etc. ,Ltd. I have about. If they themselves were paying, there were so many times I'd overhear them telling the child, "be careful with it because if you're rough with it, I'm not getting you another one when it breaks."

But if they were getting it free from a business event, they didn't care how the kid treated it cuz if it broke they'd just get another and another, etc. etc.

In one scenario it was clearly valued more (even if they'd only left small pocket change for a tip)

It was such an interesting dynamic to observe over and over again.

People value that which has cost them something, no matter how little. And I think that's basic human nature in many different types of circumstances. Anyhow, that's my little bit of philosophy for the day

And it was free ;D

Both of you are so right... there is very little information in the game guides of this forum. And a lot of people do not know there is a forums with information to help them out only if you can find where to look.

I used to play with a different company till they sold it after 2 yrs of my playing there. That forum was mostly filled with a lot of whining and complaining. I met a few good people there that would give me the right link to where I needed to look.

This forum is completely different. Yes lots of information here and a lot of people who are friendly and willing to help you out. And the moderators are much more friendlier here. They sometimes actually do converse with us and help us out at the same time.

Ok back to topic. I have not spent money on this game or any other game that I have played. I do understand peoples frustration when they do spend real hard earned money and do not receive what they expected to get. Im on level 97.

It is difficult to understand a game when you ask your friends or neighbors and get different answers for the same thing. But there needs to be better explanations in the game guides on how to play this game. Yes there is a help/faq button in the menu, but that is very limited on how to play this game or explain about some of the features within the game like maps and expansions. Some people its easier to learn with a visual guide to show you.

When there is a World Event there are pictures and explanations there to show you what to look for and how to collect whatever item it is to get the free dragons. I do not remember the persons name, but she rewrote it to make it easier for people to understand cuz some people were missing out of collecting the special item.

As far as maps to send to your friends, No it does not come out of your inventory. It comes from the inventory stock from Storm8.The same thing with Gold and lotus blossoms. You can send Gold to 3 neighbors in a day. It does not come from your inventory. I hear players saying I have no Gold. Send me Gold then I will send Gold back. Lots of people are confused about that. You can receive up to 20 Gold a day. You have to be neighbors inorder to send map request, gold, or lotus blossoms to each other.

When you are able to battle in the Battle Arena (which is available at level 30) and win a Dragon, it goes to your inventory first. Storm8 puts it there automatically. Then you have to pull the dragon out and put it on a nest if you have one free at the time. If you do not have an open nest, your dragon will stay in your inventory until you are ready to pull it out and hatch it.

You can store Dragons, you have to buy the Dragon Stable in the Market for 30 Gold. Then if you want to store more dragons than whatever the allotted slots that are open, you have to spend more Gold to open up slots. I do not have this building.

When you win Dragons on the Spin Wheel, they also automatically go into storage until you are ready to pull them out and hatch them. Mining for dragons is similar. You need to collect 200 of whatever gem it is at the time. Collect 200 of the same gem then you have to craft it in the Spell Book then hatch it on your nest.

One last thing, breed your dragons cost 200 silver coins. People think that in order to get a certain dragon they need a certain amount of Gold to get it. For example, a diamond dragon costs 2000 Gold. You can breed dragons to get the Diamond dragon. It does take a lot of patience and time till you are able to breed it. It you sit here and wait till you have 2000 Gold built up, Im sorry you will be sitting for a very long time to accumulate that much gold. A neighbor of mine had posted to his wall and asked his neighbors to all send him gold cuz he needed 2000 Gold cuz he wanted the diamond dragon. I told him to breed dragons to get it and costs 200 coins. He was not aware that you can breed dragons to get the ones you want. He was floored and almost fell off his chair. Now if you do the math 20 gold received in a day you can figure out how long it takes to accumulate that much gold. That's if you are lucky to receive 20 bars of gold a day. I never get max gold a day and Im level 97 with tons of neighbors.

There are a few limited dragons that cannot be bred, you have to purchase with Gold and it is usually a high amount. Sometimes dragons do go an sale and when you purchase them, they do go into your inventory. When you buy a dragon with coins it goes on your nest so make sure you have an open nest first.

I know this is a lot of information, but it will help you. By the way I am one of your neighbors.

Which neighbor are you? That's difficult for me to keep straight.

Thanx 4 the info. I don't find it confusing as long as it's accurate.

But one big problem I'm finding is this game lacks internal consistency.What I mean is that in RL and other games, the rules and normal practices remain consistent to whichever world has been created. Here in RL the law of gravity is consistent. It doesn't get suspended for special people or circumstances.

Of course that might not be true in whatever game world you're in cuz it has it's own rules and common occurrnces. But whatever those rules are, they are consistent within the world of that game. Or, at least THEY SHOULD BE.

Otherwise you just have mass confusion. So, if habitats cannot normally be placed in storage and yet the get does this in certain circumstances, THATS ILLOGICAL. The game is arbitrarily flaunting it's own rules (and expecting the players to be mind readers in the process)

I'm absolutely certain that they get drowned in emails from confused people with their first In-App purchase sitting out of sight in storage. Can you imagine how much work they could save themselves with just a simple little pop up like "look in storage" or whatever. And how much frustration they could spare their players from? But you'd think they wpuid do it at least to save themselves the extra work.

I'm currently trying to decide if I want to continue playing a game that doesn't even follow the rules it has set up. This game lacks internal consistency. I told them essentially the same thing in my follow up email after I got the dragon and habitat out of storage.

I just don't know if it's worth putting in all this effort into a random and chaotic game which suspends ITS OWN LOGIC at will. I certainly don't expect it to be like real life but I dobexpect it to follow it's own rules. I managed to get all the way to lvl 150 in Nemo without difficulty because it stayed true to itself within. I'm not saying it was easy because there was still an insane amount of tap tap tapping to get through each level just like here.

But if you were willing to do the work, then it payed off. And it didn't switch up the rules on a whim.

So, I've got some thinking to do. I'm definitely not spending any more real world money, that's for sure. The graphics are gorgeous but the logic is not.
    Last edited by buttonstc; 04-13-15 at 05:31 PM.

This is too funny for words. I have South Park on in the background and I just realized its a rerun of the episode where Stan gets hooked on a mobile game put out by the gov of Canada to exploit people for money. The devil himself explains addiction to him. Ha ha. The title of the episode: "Freemium Isn't Free"

I've got to head over to their website to watch it from the beginning. Matt and Trey are fricken geniuses. I love well done satire.

Executive Chef
    I don't think their logic is inconsistent. It is common in DS for prizes and purchases to go into your storage. How are they to know where you want the habitat to go? Or what if you don't have space to place the habitat right away? What if your nest isn't free for the egg?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast