Thread: Am I SUPPOSED TO sell over 325,000 in merchandise in <20 minutes?!

Am I SUPPOSED TO sell over 325,000 in merchandise in <20 minutes?!

I left a shop with more than 3000 items EACH on 17 tables and 28 racks for less than 20 minutes to grab some stuff and then got in bed to do the rounds with neighbors. When I reopened the game it flashed that I had earned over 300k. Many racks were then empty and everything else is left no more than a few hundred items.

Sorry. This deserves to be spelled, not an acronym. What the hell?

I would say this is a bonus. I wish more of my items sold out that fast, as my store looks terrible after fitting clothes i every available corner.

FS has some bugs, and this is one that is often reported when someone blocks their door, but it sounds like you wouldn't have done this. Maybe S8 are doing something on the server which glitched the game (i hope it happened to me too )
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Host(ess)
    The opposite is happening to me!!� 😭 😭😭😭 My clothes is selling normaly but my coins stays almost the same amount not adding. I have been losing coins for 2 days. You are lucky!!

P.D. Sorry for my not so good english.

Executive Chef
    I blocked my door for one stinking day and all my stuff was gone. I miss the days when I could block it for three days and nothing would be gone.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SiobhanOLaoghaire View Post
    I left a shop with more than 3000 items EACH on 17 tables and 28 racks for less than 20 minutes to grab some stuff and then got in bed to do the rounds with neighbors. When I reopened the game it flashed that I had earned over 300k. Many racks were then empty and everything else is left no more than a few hundred items.

Sorry. This deserves to be spelled, not an acronym. What the hell?
    Did you block the door?
    Sometimes, you just gotta shake your head, so you won't pop off at the mouth.

#sometimesifeellikeanupdatelesschild

Not adding neighbors at this time. All requests will be declined.
    ❤️Love ya, IsisGarden (Fashion Story Moderator)
    Ft Support Help: Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com

Quote Originally Posted by avedoy View Post
    The opposite is happening to me!!� �� ������ My clothes is selling normaly but my coins stays almost the same amount not adding. I have been losing coins for 2 days. You are lucky!!

P.D. Sorry for my not so good english.
    You are probably choosing long time items so you have a lot of wealth locked up in clothes on racks. Try switching to shorter time items to increase your profits. These usually fill up your store pretty quick, but they also sell out a lot faster. I usually alternate, go short first to fill up every rack and counter and then go with long duration orders while my store sells out, then repeat with the short orders again.

Btw, if you're thinking of trying the blocked door glitch, it has the potential to remove all clothes from all racks, even the ones customers normally can't access and therefore wouldn't sell out. I would never block my door as I have a lot of limited edition items I have saved up from many many years of playing which, if they disappeared, I would be very very upset.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

My door was not blocked when this happened. But like I said, I was only gone. 20 minutes and sold thousands of items. It really wiped me out and I had to close for a couple of days just so I could reasonably stock back up. Neighbors can't tip empty racks. 😭

I just had something similar, though, happen with my restaurant. I blocked the door so I could stock up and went back a couple of hours later and discovered almost half my product sold DESPITE BEING "CLOSED".

Now I hear y'all say there is a blocked door glitch? 😠

New Resident
    When we're talking about blocking your doors, both in FS as well as Restaurant and Bakery, what are you guys blocking the door WITH? I'm talking about those of you who are saying that even though you blocked the door, you came back and found that a bunch of your stuff had been sold. I've found (accidentally) that if you use a cash register to block your door, when you are offline, the game seems to interpret this as meaning that customers can access the register and so they can purchase stuff (even if that stock is blocked). But if I block the door with a sculpture, a counter, etc. - basically anything BUT a register (or the waiter's table in RS, which is the equivalent) - the game will NOT misinterpret it and your stock will be left alone, allowing you to build up a big stock and keep your shop "closed" for as long as you want. When I block the door with non-cash register objects, I NEVER have things get bought while I'm offline.

That's interesting new information, and it makes sense in a way. I just make it a point not to block the door. I can cut off customers from accessing beyond a few squares quite easily (for when I'm busy redecorating). I have too many limited items saved up to risk blocking a door.

Rhino Keeper
    I never block the door. Too risky. What I do is let the girls use a tiny portion of my shop while everything else is blocked off. They have access to the cash registers, a few dressing rooms and a couple of mirrors. I only let them buy gifted items during this time. In the meantime, I take as much time as I need to restock without worrying about loss of merchandise. My heart rating does not go down using this method.
    Fashion Story - Angelesque
    Bakery Story - Le Reve