Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do I bother playing this game?

Farm Supplier

Why do I bother playing this game?

i have been playing this game because it was a quest in another game I am playing, but it is addictive. Been here about 15-20 days and have gotten to level 19. done a lot of deliveries and buying and selling, expanded when possible and now I have a serious problem with the game. In the time I have been playing, I have had 1 (ONE!) pick and 4 shovels. How are you supposed to clear the land you expand to and use it with no picks and shovels?

I am guessing this is one of those deals where developers get money by users installing the game but they really don't care whether you stay around and play because they get their money up front and a uninstall affects them in no way.

A farm supply store would have implements to purchase so why none in the game? The players who have been around more than a day or so realize the value of these tools and won't sell any and most newbies are going to use theirs immediately to clear land so none are available for sale.

Guess it's time to give up the game and go to another flawed free game.

Rhino Keeper
    Lots of people sell tools and expansion parts. It's how I get them. I don't do deliveries with the plane or the train. Visit community members and neighbors with 6-15 level. They sell that stuff often. Name of the game is patience. Or it should be.
    Have a Luvly Day!

Farm Supplier
    I guess it doesn't pay to make negative comments, I just made 8 deliveries and received nothing but cash and xp. Thought it might have been that I had too much stuff in my barn but I have 50 empty slots.

Executive Chef
    I've heard that expanding to the Mine results in an increase in the number of tools you receive...but I do not recall that happening in my experience.

All I would suggest is continue doing deliveries and hope for the best, expand to the Mine when you can, get the Collections Gallery as soon as possible and start tapping on moles and butterflies, and start buying pets (when you can). All of these may result in receiving more tools (the butterflies may possibly get you gems with which you can buy tools).

Executive Chef
    The point is to get you to buy parts with gems if you get tired of waiting. You can play for free if you have lots of patience, but there are always going to be things that are harder to get. Maps, paint, screws and nails are also rare. And you have to use the picks and shovels for two things, to clear land and to mine, so they are extra valuable.
    I spend a lot of time in newspaper, looking, but find very little. It will eventually be the reason I quit this game, because I enjoy everything except this aspect. I wish they would increase the drops a little, just to make it less frustrating.
    I am not adding any neighbors at this time.
    Thanks & Have a great day! Annie

Fashion Designer
    Also, very high level players may sell off parts and papers they don't need.
    We will remember... 🌿💭🌿

Farm Supplier
    Getting the papers to expand is not the problem, clearing it to make it useful is. I buy every hammer, brick, lumber,saw and deed, map and permit I can find. But all I am doing is cluttering up my barn. And have never seen a pick or shovel for sale.

Farm Supplier
    To be honest, I used to play this game ALL the time. Seriously. All.The.Time.
    And I have (shamefully) spent more money on it that I would like to admit.

I read thru these posts & see the same problems over & over again. It doesn't matter your level, TL is making it harder & harder to get the drops that the players need. It's a video game for goodness sale. Someone had to have written the program, therefore I do not buy into the excuse of it's the luck of the draw when it comes to getting papers or expansion parts. MODIFY THE GAME!!! It's not that hard TL.
    I understand this is their job & players spending money on their games keeps them in business but this has gotten ridiculous.

I usually never do plane or train deliveries unless it's items that don't sale well in my store or I have an abundance of something. I have quite a bit of coins saved up because of this. But just to see how the drops were yesterday & today, I've done every feasible delivery.... (If it's asking for 2 fried bananas & I don't have either, I'm not going to search the newspaper for them & spend @5000 coins just to get 1000 coins & 400 Xp points from the delivery) I have done numerous deliveries between the 2 days & have gotten these drops: 3 saws & 2 maps. Seriously. That's it.

I am definitely the fool for ever spending real money on this game & it will never will happen. TL is greedy. Bottom line. And I feel certain my game will start giving me issues now just bc I posted this, but that's fine. Have you seen how many options there are in the App Store for games that are not TL games?!? I'm sure I'll find another one to spend my money on.

Executive Chef
    I haven't checked into game since the end of the easter event,the game is just getting stale

Angry

The drop rate has definitely fallen to a mere trickle of what should be a river, or at least a creek! In the store, it says pets increase your drop rates for tools & expansion parts. I do deliveries...but I rarely get any drops. I have TWENTY-FIVE pets. (I have more in storage, but the habitats take up a lot of room.) I should be getting drops like it's raining!!!

Deliveries have a host of their own problems even before you fill an order, send it off and hope for a(n unlikely) drop of something. The wide gap between Market Price $ and delivery $ is huge. You are basically paying coins (very expensively) for XP (experience points) on plane/train deliveries. You need XP to level-up. There are other ways to earn XP, but none come close to what you get for filling orders by plane/train. TL (one of several brands of Storm8)is taking a huge risk when lowering the drop rate, IMO, because goals that are not reasonably attainable are abandoned, with the game goals of leveling-up (for many reasons) earning event items, and being able to design each farm with individual creativity. Abandonment of the goals in this case causes players to spend less real money, play less time/day, or leave the game entirely. Both long-term players (Level 60) and newer players (high teens to lower 20's) leaving, often citing the drop rate (&/or gem traps-another issue) as the main reason. Storm8 is very market-hungry, with goals oriented to making ship dates & increasing numbers of mobile users and NOT customer oriented, nor focused on quality products. They just want to rake in the money.

I won't spend another dime on this game. Developers have a right to reasonable compensation, but Storm8 wants more than that. They have gotten much more than that from me already, I'll admit, but no more! (Btw..a dime is 2 gems).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast