Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can android users

Rhino Keeper

Can android users

get the cafe and the sauce maker? One of my neighbors is building a cafe and all I can see is smoke, no building being built...

Nightclub Owner
    According to the game guide, the following is only restricted for Android Users.

Farm Story 2 is still relatively new on Android, so it needs to catch up with some of the features. Here's a current list of iOS only features:

Truffle Forest/Hunting
    Piper's Treehouse Game
    Hot Air Balloon
    Pet Storage
    Otter Collection
    World Events
    Wishing Well/charmed Coin

I'm not sure how updated that is though, and I've not read anyone on Android complaining about not having access to machines that iOS has readily available.
    Current games on queentina3 ID: Castle, Fairytale, Farm 2, RS 1, Diamond Quest. Games under this ID are named AppleBlossom.

Current game on 2tina ID: Castle only and goes by the name AppleBlossom2. I know, it isn't very original. Shut up!

I tip and run - don't ask me to write on your wall, as I won't. I don't expect you to write on mine. If you tip, great, if you don't, also great. Just answer my requests and I'll be happy.

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you!

Grand Emperor
    I play the same game on android and iOS. No cafe or sauce maker on android.

They took a snapshot of the iOS game and ported it to android. I don't believe they have updated it since. New features and events are not ever available on android.

Personally I don't see an update in the near future. Android snapshots with no updates is common practice for some games.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    I play the same game on android and iOS. No cafe or sauce maker on android.

They took a snapshot of the iOS game and ported it to android. I don't believe they have updated it since. New features and events are not ever available on android.

Personally I don't see an update in the near future. Android snapshots with no updates is common practice for some games.

edit(KP) Updated game guide
    Last edited by kooky panda; 04-13-15 at 10:14 AM.
    Current games on queentina3 ID: Castle, Fairytale, Farm 2, RS 1, Diamond Quest. Games under this ID are named AppleBlossom.

Current game on 2tina ID: Castle only and goes by the name AppleBlossom2. I know, it isn't very original. Shut up!

I tip and run - don't ask me to write on your wall, as I won't. I don't expect you to write on mine. If you tip, great, if you don't, also great. Just answer my requests and I'll be happy.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    Ohhh, I'll send Kooky a PM so she can update the game guide then. Are there any other machines that you know of that Android doesn't have access to, nmishii?
    No building skins. Android also doesn't get the tea crop and coffee bushes needed for the cafe.

Also, this is a bug, but animal skins purchased on iOS show as purchased in the market but not on the animals. i only have the four coin animal skins so I don't know what would happen if I bought a skin on android. Not worth spending the gems to do their testing for them.

Nightclub Owner
    Thanks Kooky!

Wow, that is quite a bit of things nmishii. I knew about the Tree House and Balloon, as well as the events, but I didn't realize the regular game play was that different as well. That is awful! I feel so bad for Android Users as their missing out on some really good items!

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    No building skins. Android also doesn't get the tea crop and coffee bushes needed for the cafe.

Also, this is a bug, but animal skins purchased on iOS show as purchased in the market but not on the animals. i only have the four coin animal skins so I don't know what would happen if I bought a skin on android. Not worth spending the gems to do their testing for them.
    I am sorry that these appliances and additional items are not offered to androids at this time.

I am not sure I under the bug skin you are talking about. Can you give more details?

Whether you are on Android or iOS, you should still be able to exchange skins. If you are seeing that you purchased the skins on the Market, if they tap on edit and on the pen, you should still see a paint bucket where their skins are located. You can change your skins there.. Are you unable to locate skins you purchased?
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    I am sorry that these appliances and additional items are not offered to androids at this time.

I am not sure I under the bug skin you are talking about. Can you give more details?

Whether you are on Android or iOS, you should still be able to exchange skins. If you are seeing that you purchased the skins on the Market, if they tap on edit and on the pen, you should still see a paint bucket where their skins are located. You can change your skins there.. Are you unable to locate skins you purchased?
    For the skins issue, it shows the skins as purchased on Android and iOS in the Market. I can change the skins on both systems. But it doesn't stick on Android.

Here's what I just did:

Case 1:

I have the coin spotted cow, white chicken, speckled pig, and black sheep skins. I have one pen with each of these skins, and one pen with the default skins. Eight pens total.

On iOS the purchased skins show up, so each pen shows a different skin. On Android they do not; they show as the default skins, so both pens of each animal show as the default.

The games are force closed on both devices. I got into my Android game and edited the skins to match iOS, so all pens show a different skin. Then I changed the default white sheep to be black sheep. So I have two black sheep skins, the other pens are of different skins. I visited a neighbor and exited the game.

I opened the game on iOS. It shows exactly as it did when I closed the game on Android. This is good. I force closed the game.

I opened the game on Android. All pens show as default. No purchased skins. I force closed the game.

I opened the game on iOS. The purchased skins are displayed. I restored the second black sheep to white and force closed.

Case 2:

I opened my Android game and changed a pig pen to the speckled pig skin. Visited a neighbor and force closed the game. Opened my android game and it shows as a speckled pig.

Conclusion:

If I change a skin on Android and only play on Android, no problem.

If I play on Android and iOS, skins return to default skins on Android after playing on iOS, regardless of where they were changed.

Okay, so I just did their testing for them. Hopefully they'll fix this.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    Thanks Kooky!

Wow, that is quite a bit of things nmishii. I knew about the Tree House and Balloon, as well as the events, but I didn't realize the regular game play was that different as well. That is awful! I feel so bad for Android Users as their missing out on some really good items!
    Its always been this way, less functionality on Android. I'm used to it.

But with the login feature, playing on both systems isn't that bad. Yes, you have to be aware of the differences and know what you don't have when you switch to Android. But when you're done with a world event (how can it be called a world event when its not offered to all devices?) you can play on Android and get regular drops. For example, if I don't want easter baskets when mining I can play on Android and only get ores. And I don't have my barn filling up with world event drops such as clippers or open my side shop to see most slots filled up with world event items.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast