Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Facebook challenge?!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rhino Keeper

Angry Facebook challenge?!

I was surprised and very annoyed to find Franz challenging me to join Facebook, with a new recipe as a reward. I have no intention of setting up a Facebook account, as I dislike it intensely - and I have used it before, through work, so I am aware of how it works, what it's like, etc etc. I know I can just ignore this challenge, but I don't think the game has been improved by having such a strong bias towards social media. Why should those of us who choose not to use Facebook have parts of the game denied to us?

Executive Chef
    I never saw we get a new recipe for signing in through facebook. Just the gems. I signed in, then signed back out. I still got quick serves even though I'm not signed in. Not as many but some here and there. I do not like how every time I go onto the game, they're asking me to log onto facebook. I'm not sending my family likes to no dang game. And I am NOT inviting peeps through a game to my facebook.

I have one friend from the games on facebook. Not trying to my business out there like that. It's low for it to be so prominent now.

Executive Chef
    I agree this is annoying. I don't want to associate my real life with my games, but I want all the recipes. I ignore whenever a facebook friend sends me an invite to play their games and adding this "feature" does not make me want to play more.

Rhino Keeper
    I totally agree with everything the three of you said.

I'm not liking it either.

Nightclub Owner
    For those of you who have linked to facebook, is there a way to unlink the game?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    For those of you who have linked to facebook, is there a way to unlink the game?
    Just click the log off button on your screen.

I just saw the new goal, for cheese fondue. It stunk but I logged back into facebook to get it an cheerily logged myself right back off.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by orleansparish View Post
    Just click the log off button on your screen.

I just saw the new goal, for cheese fondue. It stunk but I logged back into facebook to get it an cheerily logged myself right back off.
    I think you will also have to delete access permission of this game in facebook so the connection (sending data between the servers of facebook and this game) will be destroyed.

I hate this trying to get user data through facebook connection too. Apple does not give this information to developers, so they try to get it through facebook. That sucks. I quit playing games once they try to make users reveal their facebook account information.
    Last edited by starbows; 04-10-15 at 05:14 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Does anyone know how to link the game to facebook? I have been clicking on the facebook icon within the game and nothing happens.

Farm Supplier
    If you decide to do it, you can go to the settings menu in the game and push logout afterward.

Oh op trust me you're not the only one frustrated. I live in mainland China, which means I can't get access to Facebook AT ALL. This quest is meaningless to me but I do want to collect all the recipes, sigh

Maybe I can try to do it next time when I'm on holiday *sarcasm*
    Last edited by CastielMC; 04-10-15 at 06:25 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast