Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Tales : Birth of the Isles IOS

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by freshfunin2008 View Post
    Maybe everyone is not meant to win this with out spending gold.
    I agree, I'll be playing during the weekend but I seriously doubt I'll finish it
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Wow! I wondered what the update was for!

Fashion Designer
    Okay, so if you start late on this you're screwed. I started a day late and had to wait a full 14 hours for the second chapter to be unlocked. I'm only on Chapter 2! And I'll have to wait even longer for Chapter 3 to be unlocked.

This new way of doing limited time quests is insane. The Winter Solstice was great, there was lots of time to get started and finish things up, but with this (on top of the Rainbow Sentinel time issue!) I can only see Storm8 trying to squeeze players. There is NO give on this.

Nightclub Owner
    Well this update definitively ****ed my game on the iPad 1.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

It looks like it would be impossible to reach the end of this without spending upwards of 100+ in gold. As soon as you start Birth of the Isles, you have less than 7 days to complete all of the quests, including waiting time between chapters. The waiting time goes up to 3 days before act 5, 4 days before act 6, and 5 days before act 7. To skip these wait times would take 30, 40, and 50 gold respectively, not to mention all the time it takes to run the quests, win the many battles, evolution/breeding time etc. Is anyone getting different info?

Executive Chef
    Go careful folks... I unwittingly blocked two section of general play by having those two sections ready to be activated when requested with 24 hours to go , decided I had to spend 20 in gold to speed up dragon isles to free up my general game so I could complete level 4, ok my mistake but now have to wait one day and twenty three hours to get to open level 5 ..... It can wait not spending more gold when the general game needs my attention during that time but at least there is a sale on buying gold so I can make up the loss ....... Hope this helps others avoid this

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by PernReloaded View Post
    Okay, so if you start late on this you're screwed. I started a day late and had to wait a full 14 hours for the second chapter to be unlocked. I'm only on Chapter 2! And I'll have to wait even longer for Chapter 3 to be unlocked.

This new way of doing limited time quests is insane. The Winter Solstice was great, there was lots of time to get started and finish things up, but with this (on top of the Rainbow Sentinel time issue!) I can only see Storm8 trying to squeeze players. There is NO give on this.
    No you're not screwed! Happily, they are letting us define our own schedule. When she says midnight she means California time, UTC - 7 hrs.

To quote Kooky in post 60 on page 6 of this thread:
    Every player gets his/her own unlock schedule. Every player has the opportunity to participate in this event. The only thing that happens at midnight on 4/16 is that you are force-activated to play the event, and you would have until 4/23 to finish it. No one is left out!

Everyday there is a new Chapter to work on, if you do not use Gold Bars to speed it up. Every player will be on a different time, but like the games, it will reset at midnight.

So let's say you started today, and I start it over the weekend, say Saturday, I will get my 6 Days starting Saturday to finish the Chapters, and you will have your 6 Days from when you started today.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cafefrancafe View Post
    It looks like it would be impossible to reach the end of this without spending upwards of 100+ in gold. As soon as you start Birth of the Isles, you have less than 7 days to complete all of the quests, including waiting time between chapters. The waiting time goes up to 3 days before act 5, 4 days before act 6, and 5 days before act 7. To skip these wait times would take 30, 40, and 50 gold respectively, not to mention all the time it takes to run the quests, win the many battles, evolution/breeding time etc. Is anyone getting different info?
    Chapter 1 starts when you activate the event. You will have until midnight California time to complete each chapter. At midnight the next chapter is unlock without spending gold and you have 24 hours to complete it. A new chapter starts every 24 hours, the wait does not increase with each chapter. People may be referring to the total elapsed time since the event started for you.

So far I am on chapter 3 and they have all been pretty easy to complete. If you follow the chart in post 1 you will have a heads up, like being ready to craft a spell scroll or have a particular quest ready to complete or be ready to mate a particular dragon. It appears doable in the allotted time without spending gold.

One correction is that most people have had a Mainland Magic quest in chapter 3 not Mapping the Island quest.

Fashion Designer
    So what I'm getting out of reading all these posts is, the people who rushed through the first couple of rounds have longer wait times to complete goals 4-6. For the people who did not rush, your wait time will not be 3 days. Right? So it doesn't really pay to rush through this goals. I rushed through round 1 and it was just a waste of gems. Save your gems guys and just do the goals as they come.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by maizee0404 View Post
    Mines at level 10 on both accounts
    What was the amount of apples needed to finish level 9 to get the dragon ready to evolve to level 10? I have a feeling for the second account that the apples may be the choke point.