Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nugget #9 - Trades

Nightclub Owner
    Did you pet the Purple Cow? It give Glimmerbulds from time to time. Magic Fruits triggers the second update, it was the magic garden for me, but now we have a tree as well.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    Did you pet the Purple Cow? It give Glimmerbulds from time to time. Magic Fruits triggers the second update, it was the magic garden for me, but now we have a tree as well.
    I didn't have but I had sir. piggy.
    That time is the first activation of Magic Garden as resource building.

Funny I came across this thread....started a new account as I am a little bored at level 50.
    As soon as I harvested a glimmer bulb, around level 20 maybe ..... i planted as soon as it came available, and instantly it upgraded my trade route....

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by dawntilldusk25 View Post
    Funny I came across this thread....started a new account as I am a little bored at level 50.
    As soon as I harvested a glimmer bulb, around level 20 maybe ..... i planted as soon as it came available, and instantly it upgraded my trade route....
    So it must be a glimmerbulb that activates the upgrade. I will amend the trade to reflect this, but we cannot rule out that the initial trigger is disabled.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Nightclub Owner
    Boar pelts are used in trades as well, the bottle neck are manticore whiskers and boar tusks. Allways short of them. Same for Troll Horns.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    So it must be a glimmerbulb that activates the upgrade. I will amend the trade to reflect this, but we cannot rule out that the initial trigger is disabled.
    The "do five trades" upgrade happened when the Royal Exchange was introduced. My theory is that those of you who already had glimmerbulbs and magic fruit triggered the upgrade right away.

Due to a topic "what I wish I knew when I started playing," I delayed planting glimmerbulbs and opening the Magic Garden until I needed it for another questline. This allowed me to do the basic fruit trade for weeks, possibly months. Since it took less energy I got my tinker's camp and deed quickly. When I finally did glimmerbulbs and opened the magic garden, my trades were upgraded *instantly* (not five more trades) and I received 5 trade tickets.

I watched very carefully for this, due to the "warning," lol. I wasn't paying much attention to the Troll Hunter trade upgrade, unfortunately, but I imagine it is the same? The five trades limit might kick in if you already have the horns when you do the lower trade. I again got bumped with no warning, but got five trade tickets.

The trade with boar pelts, manticore whiskers and soft feathers is called the Elite Trapper trade. you mention the materials in a post but it isn't on your list. It may be the worst trade of all time - although the picture shows royal materials as the reward, in fact it gives you only the basic ones, wooden beams and stone blocks, lol. I somehow had 3 manticores and had to buy a swan, then realized the reward was not as pictured. A disappointment.

If you want, you could check your list against a certain place in my sig.

Can you still do those 2013 event stable master trades? There is a two-tier trade for the Sir Daisy quest, like the wedding one (a good trade for 24 hours, then a more expensive one that you do "at leisure" for MONTHS lol.) I believe it is called stable master. It's in the hub quest guide for Sir Daisy.

hth
    Official game play info is on the Storm8 Hub. Separately, the CastleStoryGuide WIKI offers main storyline info, but linked and cross-referenced on pages and tables as you would expect. Contributors are welcome.

Nightclub Owner
    Made a big update on this nugget. Only the regular trades are listed now with pics & details.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12