Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Thread: Tournament 3/24/15 - Slippopotamus

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellerslie6 View Post
    Hey Zenobia
    If nothing strong against Valentine and Valentine not breed able what is point of any new players joining Fantasy Forest. Similarly with Xmas. I can't follow most of your suggested opponents because despite constant trying I didn't manage to breed any Xmas and only got love dove during Valentine period. I have Ruby, Emerald and Crystal yet couldn't get thru this tourney without using the 30 gem ultimate hit twice. Seems it will be impossible for new players to get thru a tourney if breed able animals are not strong enough to beat Valentine and Xmas. ???
    Quote Originally Posted by readysetgo888 View Post
    Well.... having an Xmas or Valentine's animal doesn't help you beat Xmas or Valentine's opponents in the tournaments. All we're saying about there no longer being any strong attacks for a Valentine's opponent is that it doesn't matter what you choose. It used to be that you could choose an electric animal to fight a Valentine animal and have a better chance of beating it... now that's gone, so you can choose anything you want and have an equal chance. That's frustrating, because there's no longer a way to give yourself an advantage, but it doesn't have anything to do with whether or not you yourself have a Valentine's animal.

And you definitely, absolutely, 1000% do NOT NEED holiday elements in tournaments. I NEVER use any of the holiday elements in battle... and there's no good reason why a regular permanent element can't do exactly the same thing. Just ignore the holiday elements whenever they appear on the chart. I promise, they aren't necessary and aren't actually better than the permanent element that is also listed.

You also need to know that these tournaments come down like 90% to luck, anyway, even with the right fighters, ultra rares, etc. Long time players get stuck on tournaments just like newbies. They are designed to be very difficult and aggravating to tempt people into spending money to beat them. Having a group of level 15 ultra rares doesn't at all guarantee an easier time of it.

Zen, maybe recommend putting the holiday elements at the end of your list of suggestions, rather than near the beginning?

You do not need holiday elements in tournaments. They are just one option, never the only good choice.
    I do the list in order from best to great to good choices. The idea is that a LOT of people won't have the first, second, or middle animals on the list. You read the list until you find one you have. A period signifies the end of each tier. An "or" means the animals in that sentence are all just as good as each other. The holiday elements might be anywhere on the list. Often, the best is an ultra or two, followed by great elements combos that may include holiday elements or not, then animals with one strong element. If I put the holiday elements at the end of the list it would be out of order. People who have holiday element animals would be lead to believe that those animals are not as good as others when really the opposite is true.

I do understand, though, how vexing it can be to read the recommendations and have none of them until the end. I will think on how to make it easier for people with limited animal selection to find an animal they can use, while not misleading those with a fuller selection into choosing a less-good animal over the holiday due to me putting holiday at the end of the list when it should be in the middle. Perhaps I will put holiday animal choices in grey but leave them in the correct location? Then those with a large collection can know which animals are really best, great or good, and those who have no holiday animals can just skip over everything in grey? Anyone else have a good idea how to preserve the order and make it faster for people with smaller menageries to find an animal they actually have? Feedback is welcome!

And I want to reiterate what rsg88 said: you absolutely positively do NOT need holiday animals to win tournaments. You can win tournaments with no holiday animals AND no ultras - I did it before I got either. In fact, I had an easier time of tournaments back in the day when I had no ultras and there were no limited holiday elements to be had. I miss those days for a LOT of reasons.
    Last edited by zenobia42; 04-01-15 at 08:44 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    Perhaps I will put holiday animal choices in grey but leave them in the correct location? Then those with a large collection can know which animals are really best, great or good, and those who have no holiday animals can just skip over everything in grey? Anyone else have a good idea how to preserve the order and make it faster for people with smaller menageries to find an animal they actually have? Feedback is welcome!
    Personally I don't think you need to change a thing about how you've been listing recommended animals. I don't have certain elements either (like gem or Xmas) but I like to see them in the list as they are. I like to see the all the options, even if I don't have them.

zenobia, you do an amazing job and are EXTREMELY helpful. I'm certain the only reason I've done well in the last couple tournaments is thanks to the list you compile for all of us. THANK YOU!
    Currently playing Fantasy Forest Story, Dragon Story and Bakery Story 2. Feel free to add me if you need neighbors to trade with.

Account ID #1: chippychan (FFS name: Ethereal Refuge)
    Account ID #2: LadyRyujin (FFS name: Ethereal Meadow)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by readysetgo888 View Post
    LonePudding, it's a record of the wins and losses. Some of us keep track of how many times we have to play each round of the tournament before we win. So 30-46 means 30 wins and 46 losses. If it takes me 4 times before I beat a particular round, I would write my record as 1-3 on that round. Some people also write how they did on each day, so 2-8 would be 2 wins, 8 losses on day 3 of the tournament. Hopefully this makes sense!
    Perfect! Thank you, hopefully I can join in the next tournament, even though my animals are pretty lame...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LonePudding View Post
    Perfect! Thank you, hopefully I can join in the next tournament, even though my animals are pretty lame...
    You should definitely give it a good try next time! They have been making the tournaments much, much harder for the veteran players... but at the same time easier for newer players. Which means that while those of us who have worked hard for 8 months to get great fighters to level 15 are now suddenly struggling, our hard work being met with punishment, newer players are being given the gift of it being much easier for you guys to finish, so you really should try - you might win where veterans with a roster of level 15 ultras are forced to either lose or spend a ton of gems to win now. Try and likely win these tournaments while you still can!

Executive Chef
    Glad I joined at the right time! Hope the next one follows that pattern too!

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233