Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Tournament 3/24/15 - Slippopotamus

Rhino Keeper
    Hey Zenobia
    If nothing strong against Valentine and Valentine not breed able what is point of any new players joining Fantasy Forest. Similarly with Xmas. I can't follow most of your suggested opponents because despite constant trying I didn't manage to breed any Xmas and only got love dove during Valentine period. I have Ruby, Emerald and Crystal yet couldn't get thru this tourney without using the 30 gem ultimate hit twice. Seems it will be impossible for new players to get thru a tourney if breed able animals are not strong enough to beat Valentine and Xmas. ???

Rhino Keeper
    By the way
    Thanks so much for your charts and win lists. Very valuable.
    Cheers

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellerslie6 View Post
    Hey Zenobia
    If nothing strong against Valentine and Valentine not breed able what is point of any new players joining Fantasy Forest. Similarly with Xmas. I can't follow most of your suggested opponents because despite constant trying I didn't manage to breed any Xmas and only got love dove during Valentine period. I have Ruby, Emerald and Crystal yet couldn't get thru this tourney without using the 30 gem ultimate hit twice. Seems it will be impossible for new players to get thru a tourney if breed able animals are not strong enough to beat Valentine and Xmas. ???
    Well.... having an Xmas or Valentine's animal doesn't help you beat Xmas or Valentine's opponents in the tournaments. All we're saying about there no longer being any strong attacks for a Valentine's opponent is that it doesn't matter what you choose. It used to be that you could choose an electric animal to fight a Valentine animal and have a better chance of beating it... now that's gone, so you can choose anything you want and have an equal chance. That's frustrating, because there's no longer a way to give yourself an advantage, but it doesn't have anything to do with whether or not you yourself have a Valentine's animal.

And you definitely, absolutely, 1000% do NOT NEED holiday elements in tournaments. I NEVER use any of the holiday elements in battle... and there's no good reason why a regular permanent element can't do exactly the same thing. Just ignore the holiday elements whenever they appear on the chart. I promise, they aren't necessary and aren't actually better than the permanent element that is also listed.

You also need to know that these tournaments come down like 90% to luck, anyway, even with the right fighters, ultra rares, etc. Long time players get stuck on tournaments just like newbies. They are designed to be very difficult and aggravating to tempt people into spending money to beat them. Having a group of level 15 ultra rares doesn't at all guarantee an easier time of it.

Zen, maybe recommend putting the holiday elements at the end of your list of suggestions, rather than near the beginning?

You do not need holiday elements in tournaments. They are just one option, never the only good choice.

Rhino Keeper
    Did anyone think that tl made this tournament more ridiculously harder then the others?? 3-4 gems and 2 treasures seems a little extreme... Not to mention the matripony with no weak was... It's almost like they wanted NO ONE to win it

Also did anyone try shamrock against matripony? Might be the only thing to use on it to 'make' people use them
    Last edited by keller63; 03-30-15 at 06:12 PM.
    ID : keller63
    Fantasy Forest: LVL 29

Fashion Designer
    I tried Lucky Rabbit against Matripony and the attack was weak lol So Valentines is strong against Shamrock

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by keller63 View Post
    Did anyone think that tl made this tournament more ridiculously harder then the others?? 3-4 gems and 2 treasures seems a little extreme... Not to mention the matripony with no weak was... It's almost like they wanted NO ONE to win it

Also did anyone try shamrock against matripony? Might be the only thing to use on it to 'make' people use them
    I did the first time around. Nothing going, it was weak all three hits.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by keller63 View Post

I breezed by Matripony first try. Can't remember with which animal. I was stuck on Retriever with the "right" high level animals. As readyset mentioned earlier, it is all luck. Did not get Slippo, because I refuse to spend any gems as long as TL/S8 continues with their blatant money grabbing.
    Zenobia, thank you a bunch for all you do for us.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    Overall record: 30-46.
    Day 1: 7-2
    Day 2: 10-4
    Day 3: 6-7
    Day 4: 2-11
    Day 5: 3-11
    Day 6: 2-11, 7 speeds used
    Hi, I'm kinda new to this game, not battling though as I'm used to DS. I wanted ask some questions but didn't want to disturb you guys during the hype of the tournament can anyone tell me what the above means?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambamstad View Post
    Rd 1 Nightmare bt Pandafoddil 1-0
    Also, what does the 1-0 mean? Thanks

Executive Chef
    LonePudding, it's a record of the wins and losses. Some of us keep track of how many times we have to play each round of the tournament before we win. So 30-46 means 30 wins and 46 losses. If it takes me 4 times before I beat a particular round, I would write my record as 1-3 on that round. Some people also write how they did on each day, so 2-8 would be 2 wins, 8 losses on day 3 of the tournament. Hopefully this makes sense!