Thread: Game constantly disconnects with working Internet connection

Rhino Keeper

Game constantly disconnects with working Internet connection

I am experiencing this on both Bakery Story and Fashion Story on two separate devices. First device is iPad Air 2. Second device is Samsung Galaxy S4 with dedicated 4G connection as well as wifi.

Both games are slow to load wall posts and community listings. Every few minutes I am disconnected from the server with an alert message that both games require internet connection to play. When I click 'Retry', the games reconnect, but the cycle repeats every few minutes.

My internet connection has been stable all day. I have also tried connecting via the 4G network, but experienced the same issues.
    Fashion Story - Angelesque
    Bakery Story - Le Reve

Rhino Keeper
    Have u tried to refresh the game?

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    As Lenkapon suggested, please make sure all of the games are closed out completely and reopen the one you want to play. If the connection the game has is too weak to refresh, it may need to be restarted to resolve. Please let us know if you need additional help with this.

Rhino Keeper
    I've closed all games on both devices numerous times. This did not resolve the issue. However, I'm happy to say that I didn't experience anything similar today, so the problem has somehow resolved itself!
    Bakery Story - Le Reve

Rhino Keeper
    The problem still keeps coming back on and off. I'm certain that it is not my connection, as it does the same via 4G. Sometimes it will be fine for a stretch of time, sometimes it keeps disconnecting every few minutes. Yes, I tried restarting the games on both devices. I even tried reinstalling them. This is a server issue that needs to be looked into. I find myself playing less and less because this is just too frustrating and a waste of my time.
    Bakery Story - Le Reve

New Resident
    The problem remains...today alone I had to clear the cache, uninstall the game, shutdown my Kindle. Restart the kindle and reinstall the game. I had to do this twice today 05/03. Please help!

I only have this problem with fashion story....not with bakery story and my WiFi is working fine.

Rhino Keeper
    This seems to be a common problem for a number of people. According to other threads I found on this topic, it is never addressed or resolved. I'm hoping that it will somehow get solved before I get too annoyed to continue playing.
    Bakery Story - Le Reve

It does occur to others and does not get resolved by Storm8. They will always toss this back at us, it seems, blaming our connection even if our connection works beautiful for absolutely everything in the planet except their games. You will also be told to do the following first:

Open and close the game.
    Open and close a window.
    Reset your device.
    Reset the pilot light on your water heater.
    Do the hokey pokey.
    Sacrifice your first born and restart the game.
    Reset your device. Again.
    Erase the game and reinstall.
    Do a complete wipe of your phone. Reinstall Stupid Story. Again.

Then, and only then can you come back and say it's still not working. Then you might get told it's a known issue and they are working on it. No, they don't know when it will be fixed.