Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nugget #8 - Organize Your Castle

Fashion Designer
    Thanks, Nice map now I'm just trying to decide if I want to face storing everything and rearranging my kingdom. Maybe when I have a couple hours to spare. Expansions would be helpful too cuz I like to have two of everything out. Lol.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post

Which translates into (nearly)...

Ok, this has been bugging me but I've never got around to asking, but....How in the heck did you get your whole kingdom into one picture like that? Did you take multiple pics and piece them together or could you REALLY zoom out that far? In Castle and Fairytale I can't zoom out that far on my old iPad 2 or my newest iPad Air 2, though I can in Farm, RS1, and was able to in RS 2 as well, but never in Castle or Fairytale.

So, what's the secret ole' guru, ole' wise one, as it's bugging me greatly that I can't do that!
    Current games on queentina3 ID: Castle, Fairytale, Farm 2, RS 1, Diamond Quest. Games under this ID are named AppleBlossom.

Current game on 2tina ID: Castle only and goes by the name AppleBlossom2. I know, it isn't very original. Shut up!

I tip and run - don't ask me to write on your wall, as I won't. I don't expect you to write on mine. If you tip, great, if you don't, also great. Just answer my requests and I'll be happy.

Nightclub Owner
    I make multiple shoots and stitch them together with a photo tool (Corel PSP). A bit tiresome, but once a year it's OK.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    I make multiple shoots and stitch them together with a photo tool (Corel PSP). A bit tiresome, but once a year it's OK.
    Ok, that's what I figured, but how do you get the distance? When I try to zoom out I'm still so close to my queen's court that it doesn't look anywhere near as far as yours does. You do such an amazing job you can't even tell that it is more than one picture.
    Current games on queentina3 ID: Castle, Fairytale, Farm 2, RS 1, Diamond Quest. Games under this ID are named AppleBlossom.

Current game on 2tina ID: Castle only and goes by the name AppleBlossom2. I know, it isn't very original. Shut up!

I tip and run - don't ask me to write on your wall, as I won't. I don't expect you to write on mine. If you tip, great, if you don't, also great. Just answer my requests and I'll be happy.

Nightclub Owner
    1) Zoom out as much as you can
    2) Scroll to the point you will use as a center
    3) Use the photo tool of the the game to take a pic
    4) Scroll the screen in one direction no more then 2/3 of a screen (stitching is easier), take care not to change the zoom factor
    5) Upload the pics on your computer
    6) Use a picture tool to stitch them togeter

It is a little puzzle work, but once you get the trick it goes fast.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Farm Supplier
    This is amazing! Thank you ☺️

Fashion Designer
    A lot of neighbours can use this tool. Out of the fifteen I visited today only one had obviously worked on organizing everything (Shout out to Atlantis, your kingdom looks great)
    The rest was just a mess. Everything placed together, a dozen marketplaces, another dozen conservatories. No roads, nothing grouped in a logical way. made my creative eye cringe.

I personally like using a 3D modelling tool because of the freedom of having an object with set dimensions that can be dragged around, effectively turning the layout into a puzzle.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CSMap.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	109.6 KB 
ID:	26458Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1448799972.png 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	26459

Only downside is that I sometimes get carried away by recreating the models when I get bored, as shown by this unfinished mermaid pond model
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CSMermPond.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	26460

Nightclub Owner
    Great work. I used excel as most people have it, even on iOS. It must be lightweight and portable. But it has limitations as well.

Like you I like a well organized dominions, but for performance reasons I had to scale down. Now it looks like a HUGE empty green pasture. Which in return offer some other pros.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm a level 26 ATM. I'm in the middle of construction of a few buildings and some tree quests wood rock. I need an expansion badly! Working on that to lol. But right now mine looks like Fred Sanford lives there. It was nice and pretty. But as soon as I start building a lot it gets quite messy . Wear your safety gear when visiting lol

Executive Chef
    This is great! I remember starting out and organizing my small dominion nicely with roads and everything. The cottages looked very pleasant to live in with just a short walk from the well and trees in the garden. You could almost hear the birds singing looking at it all, so peaceful and organized...

Now everything's just a big mess and construction site. I need to expand a lot to be able to fit things in better (and having to build and demolish or store tens of buildings for quests doesn't exactly help). It's a wonder I have any citizens left, lol!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast