Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Recipes/Street Market Changed!!!

Rhino Keeper
    Ah well, at least they have accomplished a harder and worthier goal of helping me kick a time wasting habit :-). I knew I had to scale back my gaming time for a while now and TL decided to help. Thanks so mud TL. It was fun while it lasted.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerhobbes View Post
    Ah well, at least they have accomplished a harder and worthier goal of helping me kick a time wasting habit :-). I knew I had to scale back my gaming time for a while now and TL decided to help. Thanks so mud TL. It was fun while it lasted.
    I was actually willing, though not happy about it, to suffer these recent changes but now with my issue of CID not showing up and getting no response about it....well there's really no point in my continuing to play. Without CID I can't open up the Fruit Stand nor I can't expand my restaurant or shops. My garden has become a useless waste of space to just continually grow batches of Basil that I can't keep up with, since Vanilla and Ginger have seemed to take a vacation with CID and Lilly, and my street market stunk before due to ingredients I was getting......I'm giving it until tomorrow night and if they still haven't answered my thread down in bugs, I'll probably delete the game.

Rhino Keeper
    LOL exactly! It's finally starting to feel like Spring and time for some outdoor activities anyway! This just makes it easier to do so

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    I was actually willing, though not happy about it, to suffer these recent changes but now with my issue of CID not showing up and getting no response about it....well there's really no point in my continuing to play. Without CID I can't open up the Fruit Stand nor I can't expand my restaurant or shops. My garden has become a useless waste of space to just continually grow batches of Basil that I can't keep up with, since Vanilla and Ginger have seemed to take a vacation with CID and Lilly, and my street market stunk before due to ingredients I was getting......I'm giving it until tomorrow night and if they still haven't answered my thread down in bugs, I'll probably delete the game.
    Basil?!?! Wow I was beginning to think they removed that as well...I'll trade ya some garlic for that basil! HA! 19 garlic, 1 basil, 3 ginger and ZERO vanilla. Now if this doesn't sound "fun and engaging" I don't know what does!!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by WinnyWoos View Post
    Basil?!?! Wow I was beginning to think they removed that as well...I'll trade ya some garlic for that basil! HA! 19 garlic, 1 basil, 3 ginger and ZERO vanilla. Now if this doesn't sound "fun and engaging" I don't know what does!!
    I'm the same, constantly discarding garlic cause that's all that grows in my garden.
    Main id: squinn1981

Rhino Keeper
    You know what's funny? I just had to delete 24 vanilla today, what with the garden change I basically can't afford to delete any more basil and garlic, and I used to use my shops as backup and mainly cook with street market finds, but now I collect everything when I log in to play to get the restock timer ticking. Which resulted in a maxed out pantry, but ingredients are too expensive to delete, and the whole thing just feels like stupid stress, constant compromise, as opposed to happy thrilling sweeps and exploring possibilities.

That's when I had my aha moment: this really isn't fun anymore, there's no point wasting any more energy trying to adapt and make it work.

Nightclub Owner
    LOL exactly! It's finally starting to feel like Spring and time for some outdoor activities anyway! This just makes it easier to do so
    In a month I'll be starting on my own personal garden, if the snows melted by then, and there'll be no basil in it.

I'd love some garlic please, I need to make more dough. You can take my basil and sho...well put it somewhere the sun doesn't shine.

Quote Originally Posted by cquinn32 View Post
    I'm the same, constantly discarding garlic cause that's all that grows in my garden.
    Deleting garlic? *whimpers* That is like when people had to keep deleting shovels when I was dying for them. Still am actually. Need 2 and 1 board to repair the fruit market. *sighs*

Nightclub Owner
    You know what's funny? I just had to delete 24 vanilla today, what with the garden change I basically can't afford to delete any more basil and garlic, and I used to use my shops as backup and mainly cook with street market finds, but now I collect everything when I log in to play to get the restock timer ticking. Which resulted in a maxed out pantry, but ingredients are too expensive to delete, and the whole thing just feels like stupid stress, constant compromise, as opposed to happy thrilling sweeps and exploring possibilities.

That's when I had my aha moment: this really isn't fun anymore, there's no point wasting any more energy trying to adapt and make it work.
    You know what I find really hilarious, though it isn't. My street market has ALWAYS been a problem, you know this, based off of the other Market thread. Me and my street market have always had a love-hate relationship, it loves to hate me. NOW, NOW that they've increased the prices, I start getting pretty decent Street Markets and I can't use them! WAH!!! I mean come on?! I was getting egg, cheese, tomato, bread, and pasta in almost every slot before, then they up the prices and I finally start getting some meat, seafood and veggie?

Oh, and here are the two street markets I looked at today. I've been trying not to look but it's like watching a car wreck, you just can't turn away sometimes.

Item - SM cost - RS cost - % diff
    Cream - 82 - 13 - 631%
    Cream - 84 - 13 - 646%
    Sugar - 140 - 20 - 700%
    Seaweed - 180 - 25 - 720%
    Cream - 86 - 13 - 662%
    Rice - 200 - 35 - 571%
    Pea - 224 - 40 - 560%
    Potato - 153 - 30 - 510%
    Tomato - 13 - 2 - 650%

Bread - 14 - 2 - 700%
    Cheese - 20 - 3 - 667%
    Pea - 202 - 40 - 505%
    Beef - 74 - 13 - 569%
    Cream - 76 - 13 - 585%
    Egg - 6 - 1 - 600%
    Egg - 7 - 1 - 700%
    Butter - 361 - 75 - 481%
    Egg - 6 - 1 - 600%

Fashion Designer
    Yes they should've just came out and said the street market was a mistake so we are just going to delete it cuz basically it is not usable as it is so they should've just removed it all together and faced it. IMO of course

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    You know what I find really hilarious, though it isn't. My street market has ALWAYS been a problem, you know this, based off of the other Market thread. Me and my street market have always had a love-hate relationship, it loves to hate me. NOW, NOW that they've increased the prices, I start getting pretty decent Street Markets and I can't use them! WAH!!! I mean come on?! I was getting egg, cheese, tomato, bread, and pasta in almost every slot before, then they up the prices and I finally start getting some meat, seafood and veggie?

Oh, and here are the two street markets I looked at today. I've been trying not to look but it's like watching a car wreck, you just can't turn away sometimes.

Item - SM cost - RS cost - % diff
    Cream - 82 - 13 - 631%
    Cream - 84 - 13 - 646%
    Sugar - 140 - 20 - 700%
    Seaweed - 180 - 25 - 720%
    Cream - 86 - 13 - 662%
    Rice - 200 - 35 - 571%
    Pea - 224 - 40 - 560%
    Potato - 153 - 30 - 510%
    Tomato - 13 - 2 - 650%

Bread - 14 - 2 - 700%
    Cheese - 20 - 3 - 667%
    Pea - 202 - 40 - 505%
    Beef - 74 - 13 - 569%
    Cream - 76 - 13 - 585%
    Egg - 6 - 1 - 600%
    Egg - 7 - 1 - 700%
    Butter - 361 - 75 - 481%
    Egg - 6 - 1 - 600%
    I think it's just part of the change though. Old habits die hard, I opened up my market and I seem to get strawberries and mushrooms and onions on every refresh now, I acted without thinking on day one of the TL-selfdestruct act and grabbed all the strawberries and mushrooms whenever I saw them. I used to make about 300k in a day before this change, but since the change I've made less than 100k, it's been about two days now, so the street market grabs really tanked my income.

If not for the previously built up stockpile of high yield food (except for the spiced marinara stack which I deleted) I would have gone bankrupt by now.

Doesnt matter, I'm escaping this virtual world. Good job TL on shooting yourself in the foot.