Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Recipes/Street Market Changed!!!

Host(ess)
    It's not the only game where the math doesn't add up. There are quite a few recipes in RS1 and BS that you lose money on every time you make it. FS as well. Each item should yield at least double the cost of making/planting it or it's useless. I don't know if that's intentional or they just don't take the "I have to spend money to get this item again" into account.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by WinnyWoos View Post
    Once again, another insult to "most of us"....Why exactly do you repeatedly feel the need to insult anyone who doesn't see your point of view; what's wrong with you? Either way, I'll say a prayer for you

Not sure you can accurately judge any changes yet, as far as you saying your actually making more money now still buying from the street market ....it's been a day. Lol
    I find it very impossible to Believe someone can make MORE money, with less tables, whilet buying more expensive items from the shop. I smell a TL employee. And I call greasy fried baloney sandwich.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    Exactly, they've made the Street Market obsolete at this point. I did the math on 3 different street markets of mine today and the prices for the items was anywhere from 526% increase or 1050% increase over what the item was selling for in it's own shop.

Sorry TL, but you need to recheck the economy of the street market as nobody in their right mind would pay for items at those percentages. Most players I'd think would still go for a 20-50% increase over what they could purchase in the individual shop, a few may even pay 100% increase, but more than that??? No, not going to happen.

Why bother offering the Street Market in the first place if those are going to be the prices? Nobody will use it. I think whoever you have working in your accounting department would laugh you right out of their office/cubicle if you told them the prices you were trying to pawn off on us. That isn't inflation, it's scamming. Plain and simple.
    If you saw the math they had going on over on fashion, you would see someone didn't complete their remedial multiplication courses.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by orleansparish View Post
    And I call greasy fried baloney sandwich.
    Watch it, they may just add that as a recipe, it will include:
    Mayo - catch all for condiment it seems except when they use the tomato sauce in place of ketchup.
    Onions - because you have to have long turn-over ingredients in every meal.
    Beef - the catch all for any and every type of meat, including steak and hamburg and prime rib. LMAO!
    Bread - at least one quick ingredient to appease the masses
    Butter - otherwise it wouldn't fry right on the basic stove, and another long turn-over ingredient.

When all is said and done the profit on such a disgusting meal would be $.05.

Quote Originally Posted by orleansparish View Post
    If you saw the math they had going on over on fashion, you would see someone didn't complete their remedial multiplication courses.
    I quit Fashion over a year ago as I was sick of some of the changes happening. I had millions of coins and not much to use them on anyways. I quit BS during the '12 uproar and never looked back. I'm hoping they make the necessary changes to this game so I don't have to walk from it as well, but I'm not holding my breathe. They never did change BS after all. Well, they did the first time they made the changes and we caused an uproar, but then months later did it again and refused to change back, so.........I have a feeling that most of these changes are here to stay.

Considering TL hasn't answered us ALL DAY today is very TELLING.

I don't like being used as a guinea pig, and that's what is happening to us all in this game. Upping the prices out of reach to earn anything it's ludicrous do the programmers actually want us to play and enjoy the game??? Or is someone putting a spanner in the works to bring the whole thing to its knees? I can see it trending " NEVER TOUCH TEAM LAVA" removing this post won't stop us all feeling this way.

Executive Chef
    Now that I no longer buy anything from the street market, having two delis/salad bars seems useless a lot of the time. The vast majority of my appliances sit idle most of the time waiting for food to clear from counters and recently I was using as few as 39/130 slots in my pantry. Garden is full of vanilla so can't even make spices or bruschetta or pizza dough. If the growing time is going to be so long let us choose what to plant so vanilla can be grown overnight instead of randomly hogging the entire garden during the day.

CID seems to come around maybe every 1.5 hours now? I'm pretty sure I see the leprechaun more often than him.

Rhino Keeper
    I think they're going to ignore all suggestions that make the game more playable. It's pretty obvivous to me that they are deliberately doing this to slow people down. They aren't going to give you control over the garden if that allows players to go back to cooking full speed or improve game efficiency, which is exactly what they don't want.

I really feel for people who purchased 3rd stoves with real money, I especially feel for very new players that have to deal with this insane economy from the start. As much as I feel violated that they sold me something and then devalued what I was sold on, at least I already got through the original contents and purchased all the stoves and unlocked everything I wanted to unlock before this insane new balance hit. I read somewhere that they are also increasing the cost of appliances now, and changed building parts requirement while reducing CID's visits. I get it that they can't build game content fast enough, but I wonder if they took into consideration people's frustration level and lack of incentive/ pleasure to keep going.

On the one hand I feel like I got scammed, on the other hand I'm glad I got through before they really really messed it all up.

New Resident
    I thought they just wanted to make you spend more real money, instead they chase away paying customers. Strange way to run a company.

Farm Supplier
    If the goal was to decrease people playing your game, congratulations, you will probably be successful. The street market price changes made it obsolete and new recipe "improvements" are an exercise in frustration. This is the kind of stuff Zynga did that frustrated me to the point I just quit playing. Shame really.

Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    No, egg was at most $2, rarely $3, and bread fluctuated between $3 & $4, so those prices are still much higher than they were. Who in their right mind would pay $8 for an egg when it refreshes in seconds and only costs $1 in the general store?
    That's true, but two days ago my eggs in the street market were $80, so $8 is a better price. Not that I'm buying those because in the General Market they are indeed only $1. But some prices are not so super high as they were before anymore.