Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Recipes/Street Market Changed!!!

Rhino Keeper
    If you are having trouble keeping food on your counters, run less tables. I've always run a small restaurant--- between 10-12 tables. This allowed me to keep food served while I cooked more. So while I'm making less money per hour, my restaurant is busy all the time so it evens out in the end. I figured this strategy out very early on, and shock of shocks it still applies with the changes.

Sometimes you just need to rethink what will work for you. If you're running a 24 table behemoth, of course your food will run out. They key is keeping food on the counters so people come in, and that was easiest for me with a small setup.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by enaid03 View Post
    I'm not criticizing....but it's hard to hear 'adapt' repeatedly on unequal playing fields. And other threads will show you everyone's street market has not even been close....it's either fantastic or a total bust.

I know queentina couldn't find garlic, and I delete dozens each day, but no basil, vanilla or ginger for me which makes those spices sitting idle too. Not to mention idle appliances, recipes, etc. no sushi for me.

How often did you check your street market? There is some point where you need to be willing to put some time and effort into making things work. There are good restocks and bad ones for every game. I never really had to check it more then 3 or 4 times in a playing session for me to make it work. It takes all of 3 seconds to scan, I can do that anytime. I actually like that I don't need to babysit my street market anymore. I'll check it a few times while I'm cooking, and then leave it for several hours.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by deucedeuce22 View Post
    I'm trying so hard not to argue with you, but you refuse to acknowledge the game for what it is now. Guess what? People aren't quitting. I still get plenty of invites and gifts. There are plenty of people who don't read these boards because of how toxic they become. If you're going to quit, quit. You obviously can't be constructive about your criticism, you're just complaining to complain now. And if the game dies, it dies. You're taking things way too seriously.
    I do acknowledge the game for what it is now, but our view point isn't going to match and we're not going to agree because we're not coming from the same place! You're coming from a 14 slot Street Market that gave you a good supply, I'm coming from a 9 slot Street Market that only gave me a veggie/meat/seafood item rarely, and when they did I jumped for joy! You're coming from a 9 slot herb garden, I'm coming from a 6 slot that will give me nothing but vanilla one day and nothing but garlic on another, to then only get basil for 4 days in a row! I had over 30+ basil and only 9 garlic at one point, no vanilla and 1 ginger. TL calls that balanced. I don't. It isn't balanced when I have use for basil and garlic each 12 times. With that being the case then I should've had a more even supply of the two, and I don't, and I didn't.

I'm not going to continue to beat this dead horse with you. You say Poh-tah-toh and I say Po-ta-to. You're trying to compare apples to oranges when it comes to our games and that just doesn't work.

If anything, the only person that I could compare your street market, your herb garden, your coins and your counters worth of food, it would be with tiggerhobbes, as she had basically what you did. Guess what? She quit the game!

You want to play with the way things are, great, good for you. I don't. I'm giving it until Wednesday and then I will quit. Don't tell me to quit before I want to, ok? I'm giving TL the chance here, that's it. I have that right!

This thread is to discuss how these changes affected our game. They didn't affect your game, obviously. You didn't adapt, you kept on the same way you were with very little change, as you've stated multiple times. You still purchase from your Street Market, maybe not as much, but you still do so. You didn't really adapt, not like the rest of us has had to.

Yes, we're complaining. We have every right to complain. We put in a ton of supplies to open up our Street Markets and they are now WORTHLESS to us! WE won't spend our coin on over-inflated prices at 500%+. You want to, you do, GREAT! We don't! We wouldn't have spent the coin on learning recipes we now rarely have a supply of the ingredient to actually cook consistently. These are losses to us and we have every right to be upset about it and tell TL how these changes have affected us, why we're complaining, and why we want things changed to be MORE REASONABLE!

Now, I'm done. I've said all I've had to say and I'm walking away before I really blow my top!
    Current games on queentina3 ID: Castle, Fairytale, Farm 2, RS 1, Diamond Quest. Games under this ID are named AppleBlossom.

Current game on 2tina ID: Castle only and goes by the name AppleBlossom2. I know, it isn't very original. Shut up!

I tip and run - don't ask me to write on your wall, as I won't. I don't expect you to write on mine. If you tip, great, if you don't, also great. Just answer my requests and I'll be happy.

Executive Chef
    Want to buy gems to expand or put that 6(!!)slot in veg,so close ,would take less than $5 of gems,but alas,street market prices have me not as eager to play,TL,can you please make the prices not so black market?im willing to pay a little more for an onion in the middle of the cycle,but seriously,does it make sense to buy from market when you're probably losing coins making that dish?you gotta admit,it's not right we had to use long awaited materials to build our markets up,and now its robbing us blind!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by deucedeuce22 View Post
    How often did you check your street market? There is some point where you need to be willing to put some time and effort into making things work. There are good restocks and bad ones for every game. I never really had to check it more then 3 or 4 times in a playing session for me to make it work. It takes all of 3 seconds to scan, I can do that anytime. I actually like that I don't need to babysit my street market anymore. I'll check it a few times while I'm cooking, and then leave it for several hours.
    Sadly, before the change, I had my game open for hours. So I saw every refresh. I enjoyed this game. A much needed distraction from my real world.

My market was and still is pathetic. I would force close, visit other games, nothing helped to change the contents. I complained about cucumbers once upon a time...and right before the change if I saw it I would buy any right up.

Just checked it for kicks - five bread, two carrots and chicken, lettuce, cheese and a mayo. Pretty indicative of what I have seen all along, only now at prices that if I get, I still can't do anything with one mayo or the high pricing.

The whole onion thing with the tomato sauce during the first change I knew was going to be an adjustment since I only see them every eight hours. But the street market? And the ginger in sushi? I can barely play now. But, I do have dozens of garlic!

Rhino Keeper
    I dropped tables, I make less street market checks, I changed what recipes I do and how often....I'd say I changed a lot of things. I use ingredients as I get them instead of stockpiling. My normal markets aren't worth anything, so I am playing a different way. I feel like I'm being blamed for playing the game smartly, and being able to anticipate when the fortunes would change. If your street market was really as bad as you say, then what's the issue? You weren't using it anyways. If you aren't able to keep food on the counters, drop tables until you catch up. So it takes you a few days longer to accomplish something....what's the rush? The game needs time to get more updates out, give it the time.

And if there was more to this game, I'm certain I could start over on a new device with similar, albeit slower, results. Quit Wednesday, quit whenever...but your mind is already made up. It's not worth arguing over.

Rhino Keeper
    I spent far more supplies on my street market then you did, and rolled the random dice. I won, for a long time. I won for so long that whatever happens now was counter balanced by what I did early on. You're acting like I had some magic game that produced whatever I wanted, when I wanted it. I gemmed smartly, I unlocked ingredients and recipes when I felt it was important, not when the game told me. I bought less tables, slowing down my income while I cranked out enough food to last dry spells. I still haven't bought the second deli or salad maker, I just can't produce enough ingredients to make it work without upgrading.

I did nothing impressive at all, anyone could've played this way. People chose their own direction, and so now it's my fault that their game doesn't work the same way.

Rhino Keeper
    Eh? As someone who already bought all the coins appliances including the second ones at inflated price well before they nerfed the game, plus 20 slots street market, 9 plots garden before I quit, probably 10 by now if I didn't, and upgraded most of my markets to level 5 and have enough coins to upgrade some to level 6 if I were still playing, I want to point out that the dissatisfaction is with how they repeatedly moved the goal post, how they failed to address customers, and how frustrating it is to play a game in which they keep taking away things that you thought you could rely on. That's just bad game design, bad customer relationship, bad habit to get into, and completely destroy trust.

I didn't sign up for these kind of frustrations, thanks. I'm sure I can somehow make it work ... For now ... If I were still playing. But why stick around for more predictable frustration and bad treatment?

What's really toxic is the way they do things and the way they treat customers. Go on, invalidate other users frustrations, belittle people after they have been mistreated. It doesn't make you a better player, or a happier man, or more adaptable than others, because if you were to go by game play efficiency or speed of advancing, then forgive me for pointing out you really aren't that exceptional. You are just being deliberately obtuse and offensive.

Guess what, I got maximum enjoyment back when it was fun, I don't have to deal with it anymore now that they've made it too much efforts, too little trust, too little gains, for minimum enjoyment. That's what I call adaptation.

Fashion Designer
    I have adapted,too. I play this game very casually now. I used to check in first thing in the morning (4:30), now I just opened it at 11:15 for the first time. Whatever I get I get, I use the ingredients available. So it will take longer, it is only a game after all. I have not bought the second sandwich or deli station. Not enough ingredients available. I, too gem smartly, i.e. not at all. So I only have 4 stalls, my stores are at level 3 and I can only store 100 items. Inching my way through level 40. ( should be "millimetering" is so slow). So what, I don't take this game seriously, and maybe they will improve it, or they won't. Why get upset over things that I have no control over? I challenge myself to see how far I can get without spending real $$. No matter how much they muck this game up. But I can see the dissatisfaction ( euphemism here) of players who have spend a fair amount of money. I empathize with them. We all have to do what works for us individually.

Rhino Keeper
    I keep coming back here because I am very optimistic that I will see that they listened to the feedback like they claim they do and actually made some changes. Alas, I see not only did they not, but there is someone who claims they enjoy it. That person is in the minority and I choose not to respond or engage with that person because that will not resolve anything.

I believe the staff knows full well what is going on and they can choose to make changes, just like they did before that will make this game more enjoyable. That is why I keep coming here to see if they make a statement or someone posted about the new exciting positive changes.

I am going to be honest, this game is more like a chore now. I do not visit all my neighbors everyday like I used to. I am sure my social status is probably close to one now. The gifting program is no longer enjoyable to me either. I probably open the game only a few times a day and peek at the street market and cross my fingers that the prices are more reasonable, it never is.... I haven't bought anything from my expanded street market since the change and never intend to. I am losing interest more every day, have significantly decreased my playtime, and will probably stop playing if it continues like this. I have found other games to fill my time with. I only wish this could have been one of them.