Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: Recipes/Street Market Changed!!!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by enaid03 View Post
    In another TL/S8 recently released game (around the same time as RS2), during the event there were a ton of problems with the quest line. Lots of forum complaints, and players were slightly compensated for the errors of the developers. All the issues should have been apparent during beta testing (assuming they do so?). It also seems that TL/S8 releases events too close to the weekend when they seem to have no technical staff around.

But then again, I started playing years ago when we were compensated for issues, etc. That transparent honesty was appreciated.

So for me, the recent rectified game issue is the glimmer of hope that they will make changes to RS2 that would make gameplay enjoyable again.
    Why should TL/S8 pay someone, anyone, to beta test when they have US to do it for them? We're free and give them all the information they need, willingly, in the hopes they'll make positive changes in our direction. Of course that RARELY happens, but.....Still, we're here and we trudge on with hope.......I've asked multiple times now for them to ANSWER US, but silence....crickets.....

Why pay staff to be there on a weekend when they know we'll just rant/rave/complain here and then they come back on Monday and just delete/edit the comments regardless. No reason to pay someone.

And yes, the Fairytale Wonderland last quest line debacle they did eventually resolve to some satisfaction, however if they'd checked in that Thursday or Friday before taking off for a 3-day weekend things wouldn't have escalated as much as they did. They just didn't care for 5-6 days and then *fixed* the issue, for some........That still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth as they could have fixed the issues well before they escalated.

Rhino Keeper
    Don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but I think someone sort of beta tested this game, just with completely unrealistic parameters. You might have noticed kookie/ FrozenTurd posting screenshots of a game with some 230 pantry capacity, so they tested the game but without giving themselves the constraints that players get.

Maybe that's why they think the game is too easy

What they don't "understand"

Is that we NEEDED the street market stuff JUST TO MAKE MOST RECIPES. I have stoves going unused now for the first time playing this game. Granted, I bought an extra here and there, but because at the time I thought I'd have the ingredients to use for them. I guess I have really learned my lesson on not spending real money on these games.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerhobbes View Post
    Don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but I think someone sort of beta tested this game, just with completely unrealistic parameters. You might have noticed kookie/ FrozenTurd posting screenshots of a game with some 230 pantry capacity, so they tested the game but without giving themselves the constraints that players get.

Maybe that's why they think the game is too easy
    Or that could've just been the original Stormie bot, who is able to have things even though he's not opened a particular shop, at a level required for it, and etc.....

Just for giggles I looked at my street market and did another % comparison. You'll love this, I swear! Who would pay for these items at these % increases? Not me!

Item-Street Market price-Reg. Store Price-% diff.
    Flour-90-14-643%
    Cream-80-13-615%
    Tuna-97-20-485%
    Bread-13-2-650%
    Carrot-85-14-607%
    Tomato-11-2-550%
    Sugar-129-20-645%
    Seaweed-174-25-696%
    Pea-219-40-548%

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post

Item-Street Market price-Reg. Store Price-% diff.
    Flour-90-14-643%
    Cream-80-13-615%
    Tuna-97-20-485%
    Bread-13-2-650%
    Carrot-85-14-607%
    Tomato-11-2-550%
    Sugar-129-20-645%
    Seaweed-174-25-696%
    Pea-219-40-548%
    I wouldn't have minded subtle changes - 10%, 20%, etc over the course of a couple weeks, months. But you hit the nail on the head. Almost 700%!!!!!!!

Fashion Designer
    This all is really frustrating 😔 can't believe they increase street market prices by 600% without any notice or explanation. Like this is significant change that influence people's game. Why they can't increae price for like 200% ( which is a lot but seems more reasonable than 600%...). I really hope for some kind of explanation and hope that they will adjust prices so it's more reasonable.

Farm Supplier
    Wow, they're online to move a thread fast within mins of posting, but won't comment on anything. They said it's not permanent? Ok, if they are testing this approach they must have realized it's a fail, so I don't see how hard it is to fix. When, why, etc etc? They have our feedback. So "no, we appreciate your feedback, blah blah..." Now, it's time for them to speak. They heard from us. They are reading this now. Release a statement, an honest statement. How can they sit there and read this when all we are asking is for answers? The people have spoken and your kingdom is falling...

I feel like singing... Hmmmm, what song? This one for now.. There were ones but may have had others words that weren't so "sweet". Awe.

Say something, I'm giving up on you
    I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
    Anywhere I would've followed you
    Say something, I'm giving up on you

Grand Emperor
    I've played a lot of TL games, and what's happening here is no different from other games. They hit us with changes to better their economy, ignore the feedback, and apparently, the overall initial hit to their games from understandably upset players doesn't really affect them, as the games are still being supported and they are still in business. The ratings are high enough new players who buy gems will replace the players who have quit and/or stopped buying gems. Having done these types of changes before on this game and other games, they are intentional. I've accepted that they will not change and need to adjust my game play if I want to continue. I don't buy gems so I am never disappointed for having spent real money on a game that has these kinds of changes.

I used to be obsessed with this game, spending more time playing it than I should have. In the last couple of weeks I hit Level 49 and I unlocked all recipes except Triple Decker sandwiches. I also went from running out of food most of the time and having all counters full occasionally, to having all counters full most of the time and a handful of empty counters occasionally. I relied mostly on my shops and only bought rare ingredients from the street market. After the last update, yes, I was upset as I was with the first one a couple of weeks ago, but then reassessed my game play. Now I don't have to have all appliances making food, my pantry isn't maxed out as much as it used to be, and I can make whatever I want because I haven't filled up all my counters since the update. My shops are at Level 4 except I upgraded Veggie to Level 5 yesterday, and my pantry is at max. I bought my second coin deli and salad bar in the last few days before the update just to spend extra money while waiting for parts for other upgrades, and only have the drink machine still available to buy with coins. So while I was impacted and have a worthless 14 slot street market, I feel fortunate to have been able to achieve what I did before the changes. I do feel bad for those whose personal goals in the game have been slowed considerably.

Rhino Keeper
    I don't know why any of you keep asking for a response from s8.

There is nothing they could say, no explanation they could provide that would render these
    newest changes acceptable for me.

And the idea that the street market prices did need to be changed is ludicrous - they were already
    higher than the stores.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Beecause View Post
    I don't know why any of you keep asking for a response from s8.

There is nothing they could say, no explanation they could provide that would render these
    newest changes acceptable for me.

And the idea that the street market prices did need to be changed is ludicrous - they were already
    higher than the stores.
    True, nothing the say but "sorry we're changing back" will appease me, however, I want an answer because I already know what it will be and it will just prove my point that "they don't really care" and will actually amuse me to know that I was once again right in how they'd respond to changes such as this. Like nmishii stated, we've been through this with their other games, ad nauseam, and are quite used to it, and it always amuses me while also angering me that their response is so bot like that they don't even need an actual human being to post it. They might as well get Stormie to post on the boards for them.

It is also true that the street market didn't NEED to change as they were higher than the regular stores, but if TL wanted to make minor changes with a % increase most wouldn't have batted an eye to it, it is understandable that if everyone is using the Street Market to basically make most of their food, they should increase pricing. That is just basic sales 101 there, supply/demand. But to raise them over 500% and yesterday there was some that was over 1000%, is pushing the limit. That isn't inflation, that isn't supply/demand, that is scamming.

*runs from thread before rotten tomatoes from the street market get thrown at me*