Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Crashing

Today, I haven't been able to play because the game crashes a few seconds after opening--don't know why it's not merely sluggish as is normal.

Fashion Designer

Game Lagging/Crashing Since Last Update

Since my iPad Mini Retina could no longer load the game, I finally bit the bullet and ditched my old flip phone in favor of a shiny new iPhone 6. It has been working well and except for the fact that my forest is bursting at the seams and I desperately need expansions to be able to continue playing much longer, I figured the investment was worth it.

But recently, and now consistently with last week's update, I have been experiencing problems exactly like those I experienced with my iPad Mini before it eventually became unable to load this game at all. The game is slow to load and hangs, lagging while waiting to slug through all the information screens and occasionally crashing before it completely loads. Sometimes my animals are slow to show up in the habitats. The game seems to be lagging when I collect coins or try to access my Storage, Album and Store. It appears that the graphics are bogging down the game again.

I have run through all the usual fixes and nothing changed. The game is still playable but it is annoying, especially as I have witnessed this progression before with my iPad Mini which has absolutely no problems playing any other games or using large or complicated apps from any other developer.

I am concerned that a new iPhone with plenty of memory and no apps working in the background is having such a hard time handling this game. My device is functioning properly and I keep my memory cleared specifically so that I can play FFS and CS. I have rebooted, hard rebooted and synced, but the problem remains.

Is this happening because I have played since the beginning and my forest has reached the limits of the number of animals the game can handle at once? I have all but six of the 176 animals I count as having been released to date. If the game is not capable of handling the graphics for all of the previously released animals, how can it handle the new animals in the pipeline? Will this continue to worsen every week until I and others who have full forests are simply unable to play? Or is this happening to others who don't need to juggle animals every time they need to find a spot to shoehorn in a new one? Either way, I worry about the future of one of my favorite games.

I guess all I can do is report this issue and hope that S8 will find a fix before I no longer am able to play FFS on any device. Has anyone else reported a problem with this?

Thanks.

I'm having the same problem. The game continues to crash.

Will someone please fix this game

I was in the middle of battleground, when I was kicked out of game. I loge back in and was kicked out again. I lost my food after winning and was kicked out again please fix this game.

The Honorable Panda
    (merged threads)

Please be sure and close out your game when not playing.
    I had some freezing issues this weekend, so I deleted and redownloaded the game and this seemed to resolve my issues.
    (iphone 6 Plus).

Make sure your device has the most current software update.
    If playing on an older device, try force closing out any applications running in the background.

What versions of the game are you playing? for iOS make sure you are playing the regular game (and check to make sure the version number is 1.5.5.)
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Executive Chef
    Hi Lee! I've been having crashing/lagging problems since the "Beach Animals" version. My game has to be reinstalled every time I play, and if it crashes anyway, has to be reinstalled again.
    I know Dragon Story was like this for a while, then it got better. I'm hoping they figure out what helped there, and can apply it to FFS. I'm barely able to keep playing, but too dang stubborn to give up!
    Good luck to you! Annie
    I am not adding any neighbors at this time.
    Thanks & Have a great day! Annie

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    (merged threads)

Please be sure and close out your game when not playing.
    I had some freezing issues this weekend, so I deleted and redownloaded the game and this seemed to resolve my issues.
    (iphone 6 Plus).

Make sure your device has the most current software update.
    If playing on an older device, try force closing out any applications running in the background.

What versions of the game are you playing? for iOS make sure you are playing the regular game (and check to make sure the version number is 1.5.5.)

Yes, done and doing. All of it. S8 has been ignoring problem and when I say that I have done everything, it is because I have done everything you just suggested once again, multiple times a day. My device is still lagging and crashing when I try to log onto a new iPhone 6 after reinstalling the game on the most recent S8 update.

There continues to be a problem. Why can't S8 tell us what, if anything, S8 is doing to remedy this issue? As players, we can't fix the problem.

Kooky, I know you are just doing your job so I don't fault you for it but this is a very real issue and we are here reporting it. If I put in a support request they would give the same You canned answer you did because they don't bother reading what I and others are reporting here.

But I and apparently the others who are having this problem don't see it being resolved when we repeatedly do all of these time consuming rituals when we need to log in to play the game. Once again it is becoming unplayable.

Can we get some acknowledgement that there is an issue with FFS? How about some reassurance that S8 knows that about the problem and is working to fix it?

Or if not, how about being upfront and admit that the game is faulty and nothing is being done if that is the case.

I don't understand why there is this forum to report issues and bugs, but no acknowledgement when issues and bugs arise.

Obviously I am not the only one having this problem with lagging and crashing. Please listen to us and tell us what S8 is going to do to fix this.

Thank you S8.

Quote Originally Posted by jim23cash View Post
    Hi Lee! I've been having crashing/lagging problems since the "Beach Animals" version. My game has to be reinstalled every time I play, and if it crashes anyway, has to be reinstalled again.
    I know Dragon Story was like this for a while, then it got better. I'm hoping they figure out what helped there, and can apply it to FFS. I'm barely able to keep playing, but too dang stubborn to give up!
    Good luck to you! Annie

Hi Annie. This us the best news I have heard yet. Maybe there is hope if they were able to fix the same problem with DS. Would be nice if S8 would confirm if they are actively working on a solution. I am stubborn too or I would have quit playing instead of coming here to see if others have the same problem. Sorry to see you have the same issues but glad you are still playing. It would be nice if S8 would acknowledge that they were working it. Good luck too, Annie.
    Last edited by 55lee55; 02-02-16 at 12:22 AM.

I just lost 6 runes because of two, successive crashes. I close out apps throughout the day and usually only try to mine once per session--and yet the game has lag and crashes. No other app crashes as much.

Executive Chef
    Is this ever going to be fixed? I lost yet ANOTHER expansion due to a crash today.
    I am not looking for new neighbours in Restaurant or Bakery Story. Please do not send invites.

Rhino Keeper
    I've been robbed of many bombs, due to game crashes. It seems that if the game crashes and doesn't give the credit that it should not take the bombs, but oh, no; the bomb total is reduced by what I used and nothing to show for it. Hardly seems fair.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast