Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Crashing

Game Crashing

I am having major issues with this game. I had problems with Dragon Story, but that got fixed...this problem is very frustrating because I can't even play the game.

It worked great until one of the updates that was done last year (don't ask me when, I've wracked my brain and can't recall the date, but I believe it was mid to late summer 2014, if not earlier) Every time I go into the game and get to the screen that shows the gems neighbors have sent, it usually crashes before I can accept gems. If, for some odd reason I can get past that point, it will crash at the news feed page when I try to close it. Once in a great while I can get past that point, and it plays great...until I mine enough to expand, then it usually crashes when I try to close the mine or hit the expand button. I've lost a lot of bombs that way, as it resets back to where I didn't earn anything from mining but the bombs are still gone anyway.

I can't ever visit neighbors either, it crashes when I try to do that too.

I am on an iPod Touch, 4th gen and my iOs is 6.1.6. I always close the games after I play them, and never leave them running. I have uninstalled/re-downloaded the game about 3 times now, today being the most recent re-install and have powered down my iPod many times just to try and play the game...which works sometimes but not consistently. I am truly hoping that I am not the only one with this issue, as this is one of my favorite games...at least it used to be. I really don't want to delete it, but am at my wits end.

Please, is there anything that can be done to help me with this issue?

I'm having the same problem. For the last 24 hours the game instantly crashes on the news feed screen. Very frustrating when there's a world event on too! Literally impossible to play. I also play Castle Story and that works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfStarBistro View Post
    I am having major issues with this game. I had problems with Dragon Story, but that got fixed...this problem is very frustrating because I can't even play the game.

It worked great until one of the updates that was done last year (don't ask me when, I've wracked my brain and can't recall the date, but I believe it was mid to late summer 2014, if not earlier) Every time I go into the game and get to the screen that shows the gems neighbors have sent, it usually crashes before I can accept gems. If, for some odd reason I can get past that point, it will crash at the news feed page when I try to close it. Once in a great while I can get past that point, and it plays great...until I mine enough to expand, then it usually crashes when I try to close the mine or hit the expand button. I've lost a lot of bombs that way, as it resets back to where I didn't earn anything from mining but the bombs are still gone anyway.

I can't ever visit neighbors either, it crashes when I try to do that too.

I am on an iPod Touch, 4th gen and my iOs is 6.1.6. I always close the games after I play them, and never leave them running. I have uninstalled/re-downloaded the game about 3 times now, today being the most recent re-install and have powered down my iPod many times just to try and play the game...which works sometimes but not consistently. I am truly hoping that I am not the only one with this issue, as this is one of my favorite games...at least it used to be. I really don't want to delete it, but am at my wits end.

Please, is there anything that can be done to help me with this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by chloeo88 View Post
    I'm having the same problem. For the last 24 hours the game instantly crashes on the news feed screen. Very frustrating when there's a world event on too! Literally impossible to play. I also play Castle Story and that works fine.
    We're going to take a look, and we forwarded the information over to the Team for investigation! Thank you for your patience

Thank you so much, the problem has been fixed. However I missed six days worth of collecting the shamrock coins, is there any way of rectifying this?

Hello, I have been having the same problem as well, for a few months now. Usually, after several times of trying, I am able to get into the game, but for three days now I haven't been able to get into it at all, not from lack of trying I can assure you. If any assistance with this problem can be provided I would greatly appreciate it, thanks!

I am having this exact same issue. My game crashes 95% of the time I open it, within a minute.

I am using a first generation iPad, with 24.5 GB Available. iOS 5.1.1, up to date.

I open the game and it shuts right down, sometimes within 2-3 seconds, sometimes after a full minute. Usually it lags before it shuts down, after the full minute. I am trying to open the game, and not touch it at all for several minutes to be sure it can fully load everything, but it quite frequently closes down after just a few seconds. This has recently gotten bad, as it happens just about every time I try to open my game.

I have un-installed the game, restarted my ipad, re-installed the game and tried it, and this is not correcting the problem. I have tried a few times, and only once has it seemed to help and it was a very temporary fix. Right now, I cannot seem to get it to stay on for any reason...

UPDATE: If I delete the game, fully remove it from my iPad, and then I reinstall it, it works 1 time. I have to delete and reinstall it every single time I want to play. If I close it, or it crashes later, it will not play again. I've even deleted animals I've bred to see if I had too many or... something, and it has not helped at all.
    Last edited by kestrelcatcher; 03-28-15 at 01:11 PM.
    You matter. No matter what sort of day, or week, or life you have been having, please believe this. I may not know you, but what I know is that you can accomplish greatness by being around, and being alive, no matter how horrible it seems, and no matter how it may seem like you can never be happy, you still matter. I know it may seem silly/stupid to put this in a signature, but after reading about a few things recently, I just needed to do this, at least for a while.

Rhino Keeper
    The game crashes so often it is almost unplayable. Sometimes I try over and over to play, and it crashes every time the messages screen loads, that I am forced to give up. I never get the daily bonuses or messages because it crashes as soon as it tries to load my game. Restarting device does not fix crashing.
    Also I always get a message that I can 'only send 3 gifts today' as I click on the third person I want to send a gem to. These issues didn't happen ever until the exact day the Matripony goal started. I have been playing since August and had not experienced these issues until the day that goal started.

Update: I have reinstalled 4 times, each time has same results. I am able to get past the news screen upon initial opening of the game. After some time of playing the game crashes and I am not able to get past the news screen again. I haven't played other than 4 times in the past 3 days. I also play on an iPod touch 4.
    Last edited by sparklegirly; 03-26-15 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Update

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by chloeo88 View Post
    Same here and it has become much worse with the addition of the Diamond Quest goal. The game comes up, then the brrinnng noise indicating that I have finished the latest Diamond Quest goal then the screen goes balck and I am out of the game entirely.

I can't get into the game to play the Tournament. Would deleting the Diamond Quest game help? It is also a quest in Castle Story and since I downloaded it my iPad Mini has become very sluggish. I would like to play the games I like and don't care as much about the gem rewards especially if I can't play the game. Would it be better to opt out of these gems for new games things? They usually seem to cause more troule than the reward for them makes worthwhile.

Please do something as I can't get back into my game to play the Tournament, farm, or collect coins for the Event. Must Storm8 do these new game quests during an event ot Tournament, or any timed quest? Between this and the games being offline much of the day yesterday (My non Storm8 games and Internet worked fine so the problem wasn't on my end. I restart every time I get a no Internet Connection Error, and it only works about a third of a time despite restarting often.) and now the game crashing before I can get into it, I am tempted to remove this game from my iPad. I would, but I have a good number of gems banked, so please fix this so I can play the game.

Thanks for working on this. It isn't fixed yet.
    Last edited by 55lee55; 03-27-15 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Spelling.

Rhino Keeper
    These are the exact same issues I get and I do the same as you, closing the game down what not. Today I've reinstalled the game FIVE times just to reset the 'memory' or whatever in order to get the game to actually load. It's almost as if too much is happening in the game when it tries to load up or sync that it crAshes. To try and save effort ATM I've been locking the screen out with the top button whilst still in game(considering the tournament is on) so when I enter the pass code most the time the game opens up where I left it. If I were to close the game down I wouldn't be able to load it again. I have lost soooo many attempts at this tournament because I plain can't open the game.

It's so infuriating as I'm in the eu and get less attempts anyway at the tournaments but going to sleep now which will mean my paused space in the game is about to be wiped clean and i will have the painful task of trying to reopen the game in the morning

Eta: oh look as predicted, reinstall the game in order to get it working, it still crashes afterwards and now I cant open the game again..... Guess ill have to do a second reinstall. Oh and it did this in the space of 20-30 minutes.... How am I suppose to do a tournament like this???
    Last edited by keller63; 03-28-15 at 04:36 AM.
    ID : keller63
    Fantasy Forest: LVL 29

The only thing working for me is to uninstall and re-install the game literally every time I want to play. Then it lets me play for a while as long as I cam careful and don't touch it much... if it crashes, or if I close it, I have to in-install it and re-install it to get it to play again. It's at the point where any time I close the game, I go ahead and un-install it, and re-install it... there is no way I am winning this tournament. Even if I purchase gems, it won't work...

It also has shut down and refused to let me buy gems, so that won't work anyway!

I worried it was because I was using a first gen iPad, but seeing how many others are having this issue... ugh! I wish they would at least update us on if they're working on fixing this, or need more information from us, or what...
    You matter. No matter what sort of day, or week, or life you have been having, please believe this. I may not know you, but what I know is that you can accomplish greatness by being around, and being alive, no matter how horrible it seems, and no matter how it may seem like you can never be happy, you still matter. I know it may seem silly/stupid to put this in a signature, but after reading about a few things recently, I just needed to do this, at least for a while.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast