Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deliveries vs. sailing items

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Farm Supplier

Angry Deliveries vs. sailing items

Can ANYONE tell me why there is such a difference in the payout of delivered items vs selling the items in your store? (Example fried bananas are ~$2500.00 if sold in your store:delivery orders are barely $1000.00 if fried bananas are what's being asked for)
    Other than the xp points, I have found very little advantage to delivering these items vs selling them myself. Granted, I don't level up as quickly if I sale them myself but.....
    I would love some input or tips on how to balance this huge difference.
    Thank you!!!!
    P.S. After posting this, I realized my iPad auto corrected "selling" in the discussion name. It was supposed to be "selling" not "sailing", lol
    I promise I'm not an idiot!!!!
    Last edited by kimwood1; 03-13-15 at 04:32 PM.

Farm Supplier
    Also, can anyone tell me why it takes so many items & so long to craft certain things.... For example, sushi requires numerous items & if you have to craft those (some that take 1.5 hrs crafted in the same building as the sushi) then it could take you all day to craft 2 things of sushi. Then TL turns around and prices the items wayyyyyyy more expensive than they should be or gives you "chump change" for delivering them. I think I'm just fed up with TL & this game & I probably should delete it, lol
    Happy Farming ������������

Rhino Keeper
    This is a big problem right now for me. Both the money and the time. When I started the game I was doing deliveries only and money was VERY nonexistent. After reading a thread here about making money I stopped doing deliveries and started selling and now I make 20K+ a day.

Only problem is that leveling was taking me a while so I decided to go back to deliveries to level up then stop when I get to the level I want and go back to selling again. Problem is that it takes longer to level up this way cause things take so long to make, in a day of deliveries I did around 2k to 3K xps while selling I can do over 5k xps, I would level up faster just selling than trying to do deliveries. Also like you said you loose anywhere from 50% to 75% of the money.

Honestly at the end of the day I just realized deliveries are a waste of time, I can make more money and earn more xp by selling only. And receiving parts/expansion stuff is not even a problem since I can find the stuff newspaper hunting faster than by doing deliveries. Even the elusive paint I can find a more in the newspaper a day than I would ever get by deliveries.
    Last edited by igottapi4; 03-13-15 at 11:54 PM.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by igottapi4 View Post
    This is a big problem right now for me. Both the money and the time. When I started the game I was doing deliveries only and money was VERY nonexistent. After reading a thread here about making money I stopped doing deliveries and started selling and now I make 20K+ a day.

Only problem is that leveling was taking me a while so I decided to go back to deliveries to level up then stop when I get to the level I want and go back to selling again. Problem is that it takes longer to level up this way cause things take so long to make, in a day of deliveries I did around 2k to 3K xps while selling I can do over 5k xps, I would level up faster just selling than trying to do deliveries. Also like you said you loose anywhere from 50% to 75% of the money.

Honestly at the end of the day I just realized deliveries are a waste of time, I can make more money and earn more xp by selling only. And receiving parts/expansion stuff is not even a problem since I can find the stuff newspaper hunting faster than by doing deliveries. Even the elusive paint I can find a more in the newspaper a day than I would ever get by deliveries.

Thank you very much! Your reply was very helpful! The game can be fun but also very frustrating, lol!
    I'm going to try the things that were suggested....definitely sounds like what y'all are doing makes a huge difference!!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kimwood1 View Post
    Also, can anyone tell me why it takes so many items & so long to craft certain things.... For example, sushi requires numerous items & if you have to craft those (some that take 1.5 hrs crafted in the same building as the sushi) then it could take you all day to craft 2 things of sushi. Then TL turns around and prices the items wayyyyyyy more expensive than they should be or gives you "chump change" for delivering them. I think I'm just fed up with TL & this game & I probably should delete it, lol
    Happy Farming ������������

I don't know why

...but the solution is, don't craft sushi. Use the sushi shop to craft wasabi paste and steamed rice.
    My ID is ciarjen if you would like to add me
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kimwood1 View Post
    Can ANYONE tell me why there is such a difference in the payout of delivered items vs selling the items in your store? (Example fried bananas are ~$2500.00 if sold in your store:delivery orders are barely $1000.00 if fried bananas are what's being asked for)
    Other than the xp points, I have found very little advantage to delivering these items vs selling them myself. Granted, I don't level up as quickly if I sale them myself but.....
    I would love some input or tips on how to balance this huge difference.
    Thank you!!!!
    P.S. After posting this, I realized my iPad auto corrected "selling" in the discussion name. It was supposed to be "selling" not "sailing", lol
    I promise I'm not an idiot!!!!
    When the game started you used to get your parts & papers and mining tools from making deliveries so it was worth taking a loss on the income (its usually about half the price) to make the deliveries to get the drops. You also got some XP as well.

Some months ago S8 changed lowered the drop rate on parts & papers and mining tools for deliveries. They have never responsed to any questions on this. My guess is from observing the game, is that they have done it because more pets are available in the game and they have encouraged people to get them through prizes in events. Pets are now the best way to get drops of parts & papers and mining tools.

Plane deliveries are still dropping saws which you need to chop ash trees for lumber for toys/jewellery. If you need these for completing train deliveries then making some plane deliveries will get you saw but if you are making plane deliveries to get saws to make toys/jewellery to make money, then I would suggest you are probably losing more money in the plane deliveries versus the profit you would make on the finished item.

So I would say do not bother with plane deliveries except during events when you need event parts to drop. Be ready at the start of the event with coins so that you have enough to make the deliveries. If I am making plane deliveries during an event I my rule of thumb is that I discard any order which contains an item which costs over 500 coins, so for example, any order with black truffle pizza on it, I just discard. I am a level 59 player and the threshold of 500 coin items keeps my losses withing a reasonable range. I also discard any order which contains rare resources as they are a waste to send them on plane deliveries - for example iron or anything made with it. While I am waiting for orders to refresh, I shop for the ones that I have. I pay full market price for everything and usually don't make it myself. Making items yourself may seem like it is saving you money but it can end up costing you more with the time to craft, tying up resource buildings and loss of income on plots.

Train deliveries also have a similar loss in coins against market price but unlike plane deliveries, these are worth doing. They give you a guaranteed reward of gems and usually a part/paper/tool and sometimes two. The gems are useful in buying parts you really need to expand your game, like paint.

As has been said, you can earn XP from growing and selling. If you were to plant 20 plots of flax and harvest them 30 minutes later you would get 60 XP and profit of 420 coins. That does not compare to any plane deliveries or items you craft and sell and do bear in mind that the selling price on a crafted item is not the profit.

If you follow how the game is designed - making plane deliveries, crafting items in resource buildings - it will slow down your progress. If you want to get on quicker, utilise your plots to maximum effect, sell what you harvest and collect rather than adding additional steps which slows down your profit rate rather than speed it up.
    Last edited by ciarjen; 03-14-15 at 07:51 AM. Reason: edited number
    My ID is ciarjen if you would like to add me
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Nightclub Owner
    kimwood, I've found that the deliveries are becoming worse over time so have decided to only use that option when I want to get rid of some stock that I haven't been able to sell in the newspaper. Sometimes I'll make things and they fly out of my market, then there is a flood of others selling it so mine dries up and I can't get rid of the item fast enough. Times like that I'll use the airplane and hope/pray that I get a tool or expansion item from it.

Oh, and for crops as well since that is basically free in my mind and I can certainly grow them again quick enough. Not many of my neighbors buy crops from me so if I don't use them to make pet food or items, they can just sit there if I don't use them in the plane. hehehe

Farm Supplier
    Great points! And just for fun, I just looked at my orders waiting to be delivered

1) 2 stew, 1 linen flower ----delivery $102
    2) 2 Carmel apples, 2 cornbread, 3 peanuts & 1 pie -----delivery $807
    3) 2 fried catfish, 2 baked potatoes -----delivery $507

If I sold these in my store, even below market price I could make
    1)~$500
    2)~$1500
    3) ~$850

That is crazy and such a HUGE difference!
    I've been discarding every order this morning when I see big differences like that & then sold the items in my store instead. I'm sure I'll see a difference in my coin stash by the end of the day, lol

Also, does anyone have an opinion about the train deliveries? Are they worth doing or not?

Rhino Keeper
    The best thing when selling is to do it in smaller quantities and below market level. When you put things in the market you are competing with other and the one with the lower price will win. Some things are harder to get and people will pay market level and above. Like cocoa and apple, I have to put them quite below market level or I dont sell them at all cause so many people sell them, while flour I sell 10 at max and they get sold in seconds.

About train deliveries, I was thinking the same but IMO they are for higher level player with plenty of barn space and money. Most of what Ive heard from it is that a lot of the order would take longer that the time allowed to make, and sometimes takes a lot of the same items, such as asking for different things that need lemon, making it hard since lemon doesnt come quite as fast, as a result you would need to either keep lots of lemon in the silo or buy lemon/thing with lemons needed. And if you think the money return in plane is bad, in the train is even worse. Once I had an order for 8 or 9 rings, cant remember well, but it would only give me around 200 coins for it.

Farm Supplier
    That's been my problem with train deliveries too. The last train delivery I had needed 8 balls of yarn and 6 sweaters. The yarn payout was only about 300 coins & the sweater payout was only about 1200. Selling those items in my store would have been a much larger coin payout.

I have seen a lot of complaints about price differences with selling in store vs deliveries..... Someone suggested playing HayDay instead. I might try it, lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast