Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tricks to playing this game I wish they had told me in the beginning...

Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    and we're only allowed to gift three anyways. *shrugs*
    Why does Team Lava/Storm8 limit players to only gifting three neighbors per day in Castle Story? In some of their other games I play they allow players to gift more than three neighbors per day.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by PawPrincess View Post
    Why does Team Lava/Storm8 limit players to only gifting three neighbors per day in Castle Story? In some of their other games I play they allow players to gift more than three neighbors per day.
    Cause 3 is their favorite number. I guess they want games to be different, and some more difficult or controlling.

Banned
    Do not hit Home button when doing a multiple collection.. just got *****ed out of my Rouncey energy.. I did get the drops but not the energy.

Executive Chef
    Helpfull hint if you're a hoarder: a lot of items can only be found during some times in your quest-line. Usually you can get or make more than you need. Always try to make atleast one extra: take a look at the unofficial goals, even when you're just lvl 5.

I regret going throught quests too soon, and missing out on some opportunities.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggerBubbles View Post
    I got fed up with keeping gift lists, used to stress me out. Now, I only accept 3 gifts a day, immediately returning them, one at a time, until I've done 3, so when the list comes up, if someone doesn't have accept next to it, I've already sent them a gift back. Of course, this can mean you can miss gifts, if you get lots and they drop off before you can accept them, but I just find it easier. I've been playing since Oct 12, so don't really need anything. I bought a small pack of gems that Xmas for the fruit trees, which was just as well as I never got any from adventures for probably at least a year. Other than that I haven't spent any real money. I know that means I'm not supporting the game, but my husband would be very upset if I spent any more real money. So I am missing quite a bit of gem stuff, but it doesn't really matter. I'm just grateful to those that do.
    If you don't accept gifts, the sender will never know. So whoever gifted you used one of their 3 daily gifts and never gets acknowledged or gifted. You basically are just wasting a gift for no reason.
    I do the three neighbor gift swap thing usually, but if you have more than 3 gifters, start at the bottom of the gifter list. One day's worth of gifts drop off the bottom each day. If you have more than 3 in one day, record the ones you don't gift, then start with them the next day, after writing down the extra ones for that day. That's the best system I've found.
    I am not adding any neighbors at this time.
    Thanks & Have a great day! Annie

Rhino Keeper
    Please post more advice!

My $0.02 is that the Multi-Colour Hedge is totally worth 40 gems, as you get 5 petals each collection so it's easy to stock up. And I get a ton of rare petals from it, including red ones nearly every single collection!

Also, I'd like to thank readysetgo888 for their fantastic advice. I actually started over with a new game due to that post, and am thrilled with the results!
    Last edited by PikaSquirrel; 04-12-16 at 11:26 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by cccymaaa View Post
    Try not to click in the middle of the screen, that is where the gem trap lies.
    argh yes! Also when I tried to use one hand to play!!
    coz both my arms were tired lol

Tip-when preparing for events, as a general practice I do three things;
    1. Check the forum regularly. This helps you find out about the event early after it starts and what players are encountering/experiencing.
    2. Try to stock up on all supplies (but not to max inventory in case of a event goal that wants you to collect a supply item).
    3. Put several buildings of each type out early enough that they are ready to collect when the event starts( you can then be ready to collect from several of what is needed at the beginning of the event.) you can change what you have out after the first collection once you know what building you need out.
    Wielder of the first imitation Thuakie Sword! ⚪✈➖➖➖▶ Fighting imaginary dragons with costume swords. Level 50, accepts new neighbors. Now free player due to kingdom inn, glimmer Ali, and onyx board.

Rhino Keeper
    Not really understand this tip

2. If you leave an enemy alone you can collect everything without the worry that all your advance clicks won't cancel out. This and the exit trick are a great combo.

Do we not beat them and leave them alone, and we go collect other coins and crops?

thx

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by yummy_bistro View Post
    Not really understand this tip

2. If you leave an enemy alone you can collect everything without the worry that all your advance clicks won't cancel out. This and the exit trick are a great combo.

Do we not beat them and leave them alone, and we go collect other coins and crops?

thx
    I'm guessing this is referring to when you click on a bunch of things in a row and then a monster pops up, which then cancels all the actions that haven't been done yet.

Like, let's say you click on five buildings, then ten crops, then five animals... if a monster pops up on the second crop you go to collect, then your guy/girl just stops and doesn't continue collecting from the other crops or the animals. If you then fight the monster, you can go back to re-clicking on your other eight crops and five animals again... but if another monster pops up, your character stops again and all those re/pre-clicks are lost!

However, if you leave the first monster on the screen, and re-click on everything you originally wanted to (as long as the items aren't caught in the monster's stink-cloud) before finally fighting the monster, then you won't lose any more pre-clicks and won't waste as much of your time re-clicking on activities.

Does that make sense? o.O

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast