Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tricks to playing this game I wish they had told me in the beginning...

Farm Supplier

Tricks to playing this game I wish they had told me in the beginning...

I have been playing this game for years now, and there is little tricks I wish people had told me. Here are a few of them.

1. If you click on everything you want to collect on then quit the game and come back everything will be collected without waiting for collection animation. This one I wish I knew about a YEAR ago. It makes things MUCH faster.

2. If you leave an enemy alone you can collect everything without the worry that all your advance clicks won't cancel out. This and the exit trick are a great combo.

3. When you get an offer to install a game...DO IT. You get 30 gems just for playing the game for 10 seconds. Plus if you play there other games you will often get 30 gems in their other games as well because they often do the same game promos in different games.

This one was really hidden for me. It's crazy but they don't promote that you get 30 gems per game installed. You don't find out until afterwords.

Plus you can get 30 more gems if you keep playing the game.

4. The ability to get Expansion Permits goes away if there is no land to use them. Always keep one plot of land open so you can keep making Expansion Permits. They make new land available quite regularly so it's good to have a backup of them.

5. Buy at least ONE RED FLOWER. I know it seems like a rip off for over 30 gems for a flower but there are so many quests that need red pedals. You can get red pedals from weeds but it's not common. Same yourself the trouble and buy one or two of those flowers.

Any other tricks I missed?

Nightclub Owner
    #1 bis: Go in the social menu and wait 5 seconds. This has the same effect without quitting the game.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

The Honorable Panda
    1. If on IOS device, if you pull down then pull up your notification bar it will also automatically collect everything you had clicked.

3. Please note that IOS players do not get gems for downloading and playing other games. There are other goals that will offer gems, but not the ones you are posting about.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Rhino Keeper
    Most of my gems have come by playing other games on iOS. Allthough the quest itself does not award gems, the one that follows has alwways been to collect from a coin building and awarded gems, 30 for installing, 15 for leveling up. Some games provided 3 level up goals giving total of 75 gems for a single game.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Korlcek View Post
    Most of my gems have come by playing other games on iOS. Allthough the quest itself does not award gems, the one that follows has alwways been to collect from a coin building and awarded gems, 30 for installing, 15 for leveling up. Some games provided 3 level up goals giving total of 75 gems for a single game.
    Most I ever got was 30 + 15 + 3 = 48. And that was one game that I liked and was easy to level

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    3. Please note that IOS players do not get gems for downloading and playing other games. There are other goals that will offer gems, but not the ones you are posting about.
    You are incorrect on that. IOS players DO get gems when downloading games. I have hundreds of gems to prove it.

Executive Chef
    mcwrapper: Apple and iTunes forbid developpers to give rewards for installing other games.

Instead, after installing, we get offered another, mostly easy goal and get rewarded for that goal. In Castle Story the follow-up goal is usually something like "collect from any coin building" or "visit 5 community memebers".

You do NOT get rewarded for installing the game and TL/S8 will never reward you for it.

But, just like you, I have gotten hundreds of gems and gold for fulfilling other goals.

Quote Originally Posted by mcwrapper View Post
    You are incorrect on that. IOS players DO get gems when downloading games. I have hundreds of gems to prove it.
    I think Kooky is referring to the fact that you "collect from a building" to receive the gems, not by downloading and playing the app. Which you gotta download and play to open the goal to collect from a building, lol.
    Kingdom of 😸Kittyville😸

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    I've been drafting a thread with this exact topic. I'll keep this thread open and incorporate the ideas here until I'm ready to go live. Might call it "Castle Story 101"!

Rhino Keeper
    Try not to click in the middle of the screen, that is where the gem trap lies.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast